When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Hmm.....interesting nonetheless.  If you only have 5 days in most circumstances then it's *possible* that the 600 deaths on 28th December *may* not increase.  Considering restrictions and lockdown since then is there faint hope that, even for days since then, we may not reach the much higher numbers recorded in first 2 weeks of April?

This might give some insight (incidentally you get longer to register a death in Scotland)

https://www.gov.uk/after-a-death

I guess it depends if the ONS look at the register of deaths or the actual death certificates - who knows. But interesting all the same. 

Absolutely crazy case numbers here today...7836 new cases notified. Per capita, that would be the same as over 106,000 in the UK and we aren’t testing asymptomatic close contacts at the moment due to the strain on the testing facilities. All in the space of about 3 weeks, grew frighteningly fast this time...thank f*ck we shut down over a week ago!

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

we'd be following the Great Barrington Declaration. Would be awesome for all us young healthy people.

As signed by Dr Person Fakename, Dr Very Dodgy Doctor, Mr Banana Rama ,Professor Ita Rôle, Italy Pudding and dessert expert, Professor Notaf Uckingclue and 7 Dr Harold Shipmans.

Eat your heart out SAGE.

38 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Daily figures coming as of Monday! Should keep things up to date. Will be good to watch it going ip every day I think.

This is all fascinating. But we are not in a race against any other country. We're in a race against a fast moving disease. What other countries do or are doing in terms of rates will only become relevant when we start to open up again, and we appreciate that this is a global challenge, not just confined to our islands.

10 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Glad I wasn't the only one who made this mistake! 😂 It must be some sort of optical illusion on the map or something

Aaaaah geodesy and the  the good old Mercator Projection. 

You might find the below interesting. 

https://www.geospatialworld.net/blogs/maps-that-show-why-some-countries-are-not-as-big-as-they-look/

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/map-true-size-of-africa/#:~:text=The African continent has a,and many European nations%2C combined.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.atlasobscura.com/articles/new-zealand-left-off-world-map.amp

• Upvote 3

School update Day 3:

The government are currently saying that only staff who are CEV themselves shouldn’t be going into schools, whereas the Unions are saying that, like last time, those who live with CEV people shouldn’t be going in either. The local educational trust are to make an expected trust wide decision by tomorrow. 

In the mean time, my school have finally put a rota out for staffing the key worker / vulnerable children (which is to start from Monday? All staff have to be in for the rest of this week...) I am the only member of my department put down for two days, and even then I am on the rota to stream my lessons from an empty classroom and to do a break time duty. I’m not even down to teach any kids physically as all of the key worker / vulnerable kids are going to be in IT rooms working on computers with headphone so that they can stream their lessons, whilst being supervising by other staff anyway. 

I’m supposed to put my Nan at risk going into school two days a week to sit in an empty room and stream my lessons when I could do that from home? Not a chance. 

It’s been a scandalous response this week from SMT. They must be modelling themselves on government. 

10 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Absolutely crazy case numbers here today...7836 new cases notified. Per capita, that would be the same as over 106,000 in the UK and we aren’t testing asymptomatic close contacts at the moment due to the strain on the testing facilities. All in the space of about 3 weeks, grew frighteningly fast this time...thank f*ck we shut down over a week ago!

Stay safe buddy....we need you on here!

13 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Shit. Chimes with the photos and attitude I saw from a lot of Irish people on my timeline though. Sad to say too many people seemed to think the virus was going on holiday. 

6 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

WTF?! The US is the same size as Australia?! How can this be?! This has royally messed with my mind!🤯

6 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Stay safe buddy....we need you on here!

Thankfully I can work fine from home, all my teaching is online and the lab keeps ticking away without me. Now schools are closed there’s no reason for anyone in the house to mix with anyone else, so we are just lying low til it gets better! 

4 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Shit. Chimes with the photos and attitude I saw from a lot of Irish people on my timeline though. Sad to say too many people seemed to think the virus was going on holiday. 

Yep, the place went mental for a couple of weeks unfortunately. Shows how quickly it can unravel though!

20 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

What do you think is driving the numbers there? is it that the new strain is there, people's behaviour, time of year or government policy? (we never get any detailed news about the politics in Ireland, it's like it doesn't exist to the UK media!)

19 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

School update Day 3:

The government are currently saying that only staff who are CEV themselves shouldn’t be going into schools, whereas the Unions are saying that, like last time, those who live with CEV people shouldn’t be going in either. The local educational trust are to make an expected trust wide decision by tomorrow. 

In the mean time, my school have finally put a rota out for staffing the key worker / vulnerable children (which is to start from Monday? All staff have to be in for the rest of this week...) I am the only member of my department put down for two days, and even then I am on the rota to stream my lessons from an empty classroom and to do a break time duty. I’m not even down to teach any kids physically as all of the key worker / vulnerable kids are going to be in IT rooms working on computers with headphone so that they can stream their lessons, whilst being supervising by other staff anyway. 

I’m supposed to put my Nan at risk going into school two days a week to sit in an empty room and stream my lessons when I could do that from home? Not a chance. 

It’s been a scandalous response this week from SMT. They must be modelling themselves on government. 

I'm not one to usually advocate such things but as a last resort could you get a stress induced sicknote from the doctor? You're management sound like w*nkers by the way.

Edited by SheffJeff
w*nkers not walkers.

6 hours ago, xxialac said:

Criticised: The reality star, 34, was condemned for her anti-vaxxer viewers on Tuesday, despite scientists saying people being vaccinated is the best hope for ending lockdown and beating Covid

This pillock (who 'doesn't believe' in masks and 'panics' when she wears one) said on television this morning that she won't take the vaccine as she doesn't want to put it in her body.

Breathtaking lack of self awareness...

Which is laughable given how much shit she has pumped in her face and various other implants - dumbarse of a women!!