When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

13 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

50 new deaths overnight for Scotland, that’s our highest so far. 1,433 new cases.

May not be too long before we join England with a national lockdown. 

Are most of those deaths related to the care home in Falkirk or spread throughout the country?

2 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

I actually agree with Johnson this time - there isn't a lot that can be said now, we just need to see what happens in the next few weeks and just get on with it, see what happens in Liverpool etc

Personally I think they've made a mistake in picking Liverpool as I don't think compliance will be high at all, but I guess they want somewhere they don't care about to have an artificially HUGE infection rate in case it fails so I can see why they've done it. 

Compliance wont be at high levels due to numerous reasons. I reckon thats why the have picked us. With their reply of "Well we tried in Liverpool and the compliance just wasn't there so we will spew the mass testing idea and blame the people (Of Liverpool)" Lets face facts when has a Tory government ever done anything for us out of the goodness of their heart?

16 minutes ago, faymondo said:

Compliance wont be at high levels due to numerous reasons. I reckon thats why the have picked us. With their reply of "Well we tried in Liverpool and the compliance just wasn't there so we will spew the mass testing idea and blame the people (Of Liverpool)" Lets face facts when has a Tory government ever done anything for us out of the goodness of their heart?

This'll be next for Liverpool.

IMG-20201104-WA0005.jpg

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Horrible numbers for today. Number of tests are back up, which kind of goes along with what I was saying last night about the drop in cases from the last few days.

Screenshot 2020-11-04 at 16.17.59.png

Disheartening to see cases go back up to 25,177, hoping we see it drop the rest of the week. 

I do not see how we get out of lockdown in a month with these figures. Boris Johnson is pretending that there's no possibility lockdown won't end of 2nd december, but it's clear he is just saying that to increase faith in this lockdown as a short sharp shock to the system. - If only we had a circuit breaker. 

8 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Well if that's the case for ventilated indoor its definitely the case for outdoor!

11 minutes ago, zahidf said:

This is fascinating, and not what I would have expected at all. Really encouraging news, but we need to be doing more stuff like this here to show that it's possible.

12 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

Disheartening to see cases go back up to 25,177, hoping we see it drop the rest of the week. 

I do not see how we get out of lockdown in a month with these figures. Boris Johnson is pretending that there's no possibility lockdown won't end of 2nd december, but it's clear he is just saying that to increase faith in this lockdown as a short sharp shock to the system. - If only we had a circuit breaker. 

Ironically if he could guarantee it would end then people might be more compliant as they see an end in sight. But of course he can't.

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Ironically if he could guarantee it would end then people might be more compliant as they see an end in sight. But of course he can't.

BUt it has tried to imply that it will end on the 2nd of december and nothing will change that. When Starmer challenged him this morning, Bojo accuse Keir of wanting to expand the lockdown. - Boris is a very dumb man, he just got burned by promising no lockdown why would he promise it definitely will end in a month. 

1 minute ago, ace56blaa said:

BUt it has tried to imply that it will end on the 2nd of december and nothing will change that. When Starmer challenged him this morning, Bojo accuse Keir of wanting to expand the lockdown. - Boris is a very dumb man, he just got burned by promising no lockdown why would he promise it definitely will end in a month. 

All true! For me personally I'm psyching myself up for it to last longer. Think it's safer that way.

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

All true! For me personally I'm psyching myself up for it to last longer. Think it's safer that way.

Same to be honest, I was just starting to have to go to interviews and job search before the second lockdown and now I've been put back on furlough, a lot of pressure has dropped off. 

Don't really have any close-by family I could spend christmas with and normally spend it with housemates anyway. I'm lucky in those regards. 

7 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

Same to be honest, I was just starting to have to go to interviews and job search before the second lockdown and now I've been put back on furlough, a lot of pressure has dropped off. 

Don't really have any close-by family I could spend christmas with and normally spend it with housemates anyway. I'm lucky in those regards. 

Saw you'd been put back on furlough, glad to hear that's eased things a bit.

Christmas isn't a big concern for me personally, but I do think they'll ease restrictions around then somehow, even if just for a couple of days. As discussed many times on this thread.

• Upvote 1