When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

13 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I've generally been one to err on the side of health over economy in this pandemic, but it seems like a return to tiers for December, with full 80% furlough pay would be the best thing to balance the two. December is incredibly important to some businesses. 

Absolutely- tier 3 with furlough at 80% is completely the right thing to do. Incredible this is being looked at without pressure and ahead of time....

43 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Absolutely- tier 3 with furlough at 80% is completely the right thing to do. Incredible this is being looked at without pressure and ahead of time....

And tier 3 in Liverpool seems to be working, the rolling average has been dropping everyday after the initial increase due to universitys opening .

Hi, well I'm back... whether some people like it or not, to mark the official start of lockdown. Just wanted to say a massive thank you to @steviewevie @Ozanne @crazyfool1 @Zoo Music Girl @stuartbert two hats @efcfanwirral and anyone else I have accidentally missed for being so supportive of me the last few weeks. It's been an incredibly tough past few months and I hope everyone is holding up ok.

This lockdown is a weird one. The message given by Boris is to "stay at home" but we can meet outdoors with someone else (which I think is good for mental health and low risk) but also non essential places like Kew Gardens and some non essential stores like Hotel Chocolat are choosing to remain open... this somewhat counteracts the idea of "staying at home" so once again the messaging is confusing and falls a bit flat on its face. Germany currently has 60% of the infection rate of ours and have imposed pretty similar measures at the same time, it will be interesting to see if they can avoid the catastrophic deaths we are currently seeing (400+ a day) as they are currently seeing around 150 a day with lockdown imposed at the same time for the same length.

My job only lasted for a few weeks as we closed after Monday. I was really enjoying my job and it was really my new social life but honestly I think it cannot be argued that the lockdown isn't the right decision with the death numbers and the hospital admissions, I just wish it had been done sooner. We hope to reopen in December if possible, but I'm not sure I will go on furlough as I'm on a zero hours contract so I have no clue how that works with the furlough scheme. I also got underpaid on my last pay slip, so feeling a bit frustrated but trying to get it all sorted out.

The next few weeks and potentially months are going to be really tough again, and the numbers are looking grim, so hang in there everyone. I'll try and add a bit of positivity to my post; the vaccine news is looking potentially promising for the new year so  there could be a light at the end of the tunnel if we can start rapid testing and vaccinating- then larger gatherings may be allowed with only need for social distancing and masks in public spaces and not in private properties, until we have eradicated the virus from the vulnerable.

For now, everyone stay safe and hang in there. Let's all try and follow the rules as much as possible. We are all in this together, so lets do our bit and keep wearing masks in shops etc for the protection of others, so we can come out of this lockdown on the other side faster. If you are going to see anyone during this lockdown, then make sure to meet outdoors to reduce transmission risks and just try to push through it- 4 weeks isn't that long, hopefully it will be over before you know it.

Edited by FestivalJamie
  • Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Hi, well I'm back... whether some people like it or not, to mark the official start of lockdown. Just wanted to say a massive thank you to @steviewevie @Ozanne @crazyfool1 @Zoo Music Girl @stuartbert two hats and anyone else I have accidentally missed for being so supportive of me the last few weeks. It's been an incredibly tough past few months and I hope everyone is holding up ok.

This lockdown is a weird one. The message given by Boris is to "stay at home" but we can meet outdoors with someone else (which I think is good for mental health and low risk) but also non essential places like Kew Gardens and some non essential stores like Hotel Chocolat are choosing to remain open... this somewhat counteracts the idea of "staying at home" so once again the messaging is confusing and falls a bit flat on its face. Germany currently has 60% of the infection rate of ours and have imposed pretty similar measures at the same time, it will be interesting to see if they can avoid the catastrophic deaths we are currently seeing (400+ a day) as they are currently seeing around 150 a day with lockdown imposed at the same time for the same length.

My job only lasted for a few weeks as we closed after Monday. I was really enjoying my job and it was really my new social life but honestly I think it cannot be argued that the lockdown isn't the right decision with the death numbers and the hospital admissions, I just wish it had been done sooner. We hope to reopen in December if possible, but I'm not sure I will go on furlough as I'm on a zero hours contract so I have no clue how that works with the furlough scheme. I also got underpaid on my last pay slip, so feeling a bit frustrated but trying to get it all sorted out.

The next few weeks and potentially months are going to be really tough again, and the numbers are looking grim, so hang in there everyone. I'll try and add a bit of positivity to my post; the vaccine news is looking potentially promising for the new year so  there could be a light at the end of the tunnel if we can start rapid testing and vaccinating- then larger gatherings may be allowed with only need for social distancing and masks in public spaces and not in private properties, until we have eradicated the virus from the vulnerable.

For now, everyone stay safe and hang in there. Let's all try and follow the rules as much as possible. We are all in this together, so lets do our bit and keep wearing masks in shops etc for the protection of others, so we can come out of this lockdown on the other side faster. If you are going to see anyone during this lockdown, then make sure to meet outdoors to reduce transmission risks and just try to push through it- 4 weeks isn't that long, hopefully it will be over before you know it.

Welcome back 🙂

• Like 1

On 10/20/2020 at 10:08 AM, Paul ™ said:

Who you thinking of?

One promoter who hadn't put on an event since 2014 has had £200k + 🙄

The Arts Council of England have frozen a £223,000 grant to defunct Birmingham nightclub Sundissential amid growing scrutiny of the Culture Recovery Fund. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2020/11/04/questions-arts-funding-scheme-223000-nightclub-grant-frozen/

4 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Don't forget work places are still open. 

Yep that’s true ... although was hoping for a drop because of non essential shops being closed and people encouraged to wfh ... lots of shops do seem to have worked around the closures though 

General rule question... we've been told we can have unlimited exercise but do you have to stay within a certain area? Me and my family live about a 30 minute drive away from the beach and would like to go for a walk there as it's usually quiet and distancing is easy but obviously we wouldn't want to break any rules in the process 

7 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

Hi, well I'm back... whether some people like it or not, to mark the official start of lockdown. Just wanted to say a massive thank you to @steviewevie @Ozanne @crazyfool1 @Zoo Music Girl @stuartbert two hats @efcfanwirral and anyone else I have accidentally missed for being so supportive of me the last few weeks. It's been an incredibly tough past few months and I hope everyone is holding up ok.

You're very welcome and glad to see you back mate. This is such a rough time for everyone and we all cope in different ways, but definitely important to support each other.

Zero hours contracts were eligible for furlough the first time round (they take an average of your earnings) so you should be fine, but definitely get clarification if you can. Glad you're enjoying the job and hope you get to go back soon.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Yep that’s true ... although was hoping for a drop because of non essential shops being closed and people encouraged to wfh ... lots of shops do seem to have worked around the closures though 

They're allowed to be open for click and collect this time, which they weren't before, so will mean more seem open if only for that. Also more people working in them to provide that service I guess.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

8 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

General rule question... we've been told we can have unlimited exercise but do you have to stay within a certain area? Me and my family live about a 30 minute drive away from the beach and would like to go for a walk there as it's usually quiet and distancing is easy but obviously we wouldn't want to break any rules in the process 

I don't think it's breaking the rules as there's no limit on travel per se, although it does tell you to avoid non-essential travel (presume mainly for public transport though?).

Actually you are still allowed to go on holiday aren't you? Within the UK and within your bubble. So you'd be fine for a drive to the beach.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

They're allowed to be open for click and collect this time, which they weren't before, so will mean more seem open it only for that. Also more people working in them to provide that service I guess.

Yep indeed ... gonna wander around as part of my excercise later to see how it compares to the last one ... I know we also have a farmers market and lots of mobile food stalls still open ... 

7 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

welcome back FestivalJaime.

Edited by steviewevie
it's early
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I don't think it's breaking the rules as there's no limit on travel per se, although it does tell you to avoid non-essential travel (presume mainly for public transport though?).

Actually you are still allowed to go on holiday aren't you? Within the UK and within your bubble. So you'd be fine for a drive to the beach.

Holidays aren’t allowed 

23FC4B7A-3174-40C6-998C-E220AA79BF91.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

that's another one of those things that is in a grey area because of the non essential travel thing...but personally I think it's fine.

11 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Fantastic thank you, they suggested on my local news last night to be reasonable about it e.g. stay within your county but never specified an exact limit on it so I wasn't sure, we'd be using private transport so no worries there 

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

that's another one of those things that is in a grey area because of the non essential travel thing...but personally I think it's fine.

Its It's a grey area indeed, I think this is similar to May time where you need to stay at home as much as possible instead of staying at home the whole time. We intend to be reasonable with it and stay within the local area as much as possible but we'd like the occasional weekend walk 

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

National Trust gardens/Kew etc (like FestivalJamie mentioned) are still open and people will be travelling to those. Personally, I think anything like that that you pay for should close for the next four weeks.

Surely safer to head to the beach in the wide open air?