When will this shit end?

9 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Storm Parliament. Burn it down. Cut their heads off. 

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I would do but I'm not allowed to leave Gtr Manchester due to Tier3 restrictrions.

As a tier 1 southerner I'm more than happy to give this a go. 5th November anyone?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• steviewevie

• Ozanne

• crazyfool1

• zahidf

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think on a music festival message board it’s a legitimate question to ask. It doesn’t suggest the OP doesn’t give a shit about anything else. Of course there are much bigger things to be worrie

I can’t get the following thought out of my head and it’s making the old bottom lip wobble: Wednesday evening at the 2021 festival, the sun has been out all day but temperature not stifling, perf

Howdy folks...sorry I'm late to the party! Was in a meeting and could see notifications coming up! So, looks very promising indeed. The vaccinated group not only didn't develop severe disease, bu

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

I said the other day that Burnham was being naive, and it's come to pass.  Too much was at stake in a battle he ultimately could never win.

He's done his own PR no harm though, so there's that.

Not buying that. Burnham was representing all councils of the boroughs of Gtr Manchester and all were united behind this, along with Gtr Manchester MPs. They costed the amount to pay for closed businesses, but govt refused to meet it. The argument that wouldn't be fair to Liverpool or Lancashire doesn't hold up as Gtr Manc has double the population.

Guy asking a good question about local lockdowns - when tier 3 doesn't work because people have house parties and schools are open, I hope they close schools for a couple of weeks.

But then the herd immunity by stealth experiment on the North wouldn't work would it....

Edited by efcfanwirral
Just now, zahidf said:

Van tamm says no national circuit breaker lockdown.

But he's also essentially said that the larger infection gets the less effect any national measures will have in response to the question, 'Is there a greater argument for a circuit breaker lockdown down then when SAGE recommended it in September?' 

3 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

I can see them doing one on the north and causing even greater tensions 

to be fair that is the right thing to do - those in some Southern areas have numbers much lower, they don't need to be punished for people in other parts of the country who for various reasons haven't been able to do so

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

to be fair that is the right thing to do - those in some Southern areas have numbers much lower, they don't need to be punished for people in other parts of the country who for various reasons haven't been able to do so

apart from the fact within a few weeks our numbers will be at the same level 

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

Also MPs wouldn't stand for it if their constituency is involved, I'm in Norfolk and lots of the local politicians have been refusing to back any national lockdowns because of the East lower infection rates 

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

And we've just been told the circuit breaker is more effective when the numbers are lower.

Which is why Wales have gone into a lockdown now.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

that will be in December when numbers up north coming down....and then there will have to be a national lockdown.

North numbers aren't coming down til the sun comes out - too many conspiracy theorists and people who either don't care or don't even really know what's going on

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

And we've just been told the circuit breaker is more effective when the numbers are lower.

absolutely cases are have gone from 0-2 per 100,000 to 47 cases .... before when swindon was under special measures the threshold was 30 cases I think ..... its bonkers some of the numbers up north but doesnt mean that the lower but increasing numbers should mean nothing 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

absolutely cases are have gone from 0-2 per 100,000 to 47 cases .... before when swindon was under special measures the threshold was 30 cases I think ..... its bonkers some of the numbers up north but doesnt mean that the lower but increasing numbers should mean nothing 

Stockport was under measures when we had numbers that high.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Stockport was under measures when we had numbers that high.

Well yeah but it's not Boris's fault that the first Stockport settlers decided to do so that close to Scotland!

35 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

I said the other day that Burnham was being naive, and it's come to pass.  Too much was at stake in a battle he ultimately could never win.

He's done his own PR no harm though, so there's that.

What a terrible take.