When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

26 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

There is the track and trace one and there is then original NHS app that has all your medical history.  Its the original one you need.  You should find it in the app stores.

Update:  this is the one you need

https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/online-services/nhs-app/

7 minutes ago, stuie said:

The main NHS app:

5E4315B5-CC88-491E-8112-A893014C7CF7.jpeg

Thanks both. 

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

I have to be blunt...

If you was offered a vaccine and you refuse to take it then I couldn't give a fuck if they died.

The UK won't stand for that level of shit...

This is extremely premature - I didn't think this was the debate at the moment at all with the Indian variant. I see they're setting up blaming the unvaccinated for delaying 21st June but surely they should wait til we actually get to that bridge...

Edited by efcfanwirral

3 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Its clearly about shaming them into getting the jab and applying peer pressure etc...

No way the UK would ever delay unlocking on behalf of anti-vaxers.

Yeah I agree it has to be. A little bit of a clumsy attempt at it though but what do we expect from that lot 😂

11 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

This is extremely premature - I didn't think this was the debate at the moment at all with the Indian variant. I see they're setting up blaming the unvaccinated for delaying 21st June but surely they should wait til we actually get to that bridge...

I'm not sure why you've quoted me in the above, but for clarity I wasn't for a second suggesting unvaccinated people aren't worthy of treatment. I was commenting that it's a bit worrying to see five people hospitalised who have had the jab as it's supposed to prevent it. Hopefully down to timing, though, as I say (i.e. not kicked in yet).

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'm not sure why you've quoted me in the above, but for clarity I wasn't for a second suggesting unvaccinated people aren't worthy of treatment. I was commenting that it's a bit worrying to see five people hospitalised who have had the jab as it's supposed to prevent it. Hopefully down to timing, though, as I say (i.e. not kicked in yet).

Haha didn't mean to! Must've been in my "quote" saves from yesterday! 

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

Not like the government to be flip flopping all over the place. Miserable briefing on Friday to this on Monday?!

Perhaps we shouldn't be worried about the Indian variant after all...

I guess because no one can say for sure....maybe we should just stick with roadmap and see where we are mid June.

36 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

My second jab showed up on there the following day 

Yes, mine did a few days after under short term medications. But there’s a new section now, presumably the start of the vaccine ‘passport’ 

82285AE8-D44C-4C42-9211-C3A44C63B03E.png

24 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I guess because no one can say for sure....maybe we should just stick with roadmap and see where we are mid June.

Do you get the Pun-Jab for the Indian variant?

• Upvote 1

If the Indian variant turns out to be not as bad as feared then at that point I think we are firmly out of the woods. How many more times can there be terrifying stories about how X variant is gonna be more deadly/ infectious or vaccine resistant (lol) before there stops being rolling coverage about it for days on end. 

These things should concern scientists, not average joes. 

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

If the Indian variant turns out to be not as bad as feared then at that point I think we are firmly out of the woods. How many more times can there be terrifying stories about how X variant is gonna be more deadly/ infectious or vaccine resistant (lol) before there stops being rolling coverage about it for days on end. 

The variant issue is well suited to 24hr rolling news unfortunately. While it will remain a concern for a while it shouldn't result in the rabid media frenzy that takes place each time a new variant crops up. 

Having said that variants are a real and present danger and initiatives like covax need to be given all the support necessary to tackle covid globally. In fact it would help if the media gave these initiatives some airtime for a change. 

8 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Bloody hope so. I've seen countless scientists say that these variants are never going to be more deadly because thats not how viruses work, they only get less deadly/more transmissible so they can survive. Not sure how much we can be certain about that as lets be honest there are a lot of experts say one thing and then others say something completely different....

Time will tell who has to look for a new line of work I guess 😄 

Hearing a few different anecdotal stories of people under 35 getting their vaccine done/booked in from areas without the new variant. One bloke I know actually has the text to book and he’s only 32 I think. Seems like they could be rolling it out more widely on the down low?

3 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

The GP path has always been way ahead of the national booking system and its very much a postcode lottery how well your area is doing.  Its probably just the normal continuation of that. 

Looking good we are going to get all adults done soon 🙂   If we could hit that before the unlocking in June that would be a huge win.

I dont think we have the supply to all adults by then. Saying that if we get people jabbed who will be mixing, that would be a bit help

14 minutes ago, jparx said:

Hearing a few different anecdotal stories of people under 35 getting their vaccine done/booked in from areas without the new variant. One bloke I know actually has the text to book and he’s only 32 I think. Seems like they could be rolling it out more widely on the down low?

In Rotherham they are down to 32s. My sister back home is 30 and been called for her stab. 

Ive just received my invite too (35) - I've decided to have mine now basically taken the view if it turns out that having it is bad and I end up dead or with a horrible illness then so will everyone else I actually want to spend time with so what's the point of not having it.