When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

16 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Question to folks, I had my Pfizer jab 10 weeks ago today but I've still not heard anything about my 2nd jab - when are people usually hearing about theirs?

I'm in the Manchester area

Had my text from GP exactly 10 weeks after my first. Had the jab today, 11 & a half weeks after the first.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Hannibal Schmitt said:

This comes also from today:

The G7 countries want to abolish the quarantine requirement when traveling. This is what the Italian health minister Roberto Speranza said on Friday after a meeting of the G7 health ministers via video conference. According to the APA (Austrian Press Agency), the focus of the discussion was on measures for travel between the G7 countries in view of the current epidemiological situation.

"With the containment measures still ongoing and the progress made in the vaccination campaign, we can look to the future with reasonable confidence. We can work together from now until the G7 summit in Oxford in early June to break the quarantine for travel between our countries," said Speranza. The obligation to submit a negative test result before the start of the journey and after arrival remains in effect.

He's going to be dissapointed when he's the only one there and the rest are in Cornwall 

9 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

He's going to be dissapointed when he's the only one there and the rest are in Cornwall 

Thanks, didn`t know this and maybe Mr. Speranza does not know this either.

But like former Borussia Dortmund star-player Andreas Moeller said where he would be playing next

„Milan or Madrid? - doesn`t matter - main thing Italy“

7 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

I think its helpful for one country to say we are ready when you are ....

Maybe if you’re letting your other eleven year old class mate know when you’ll be finished with your dinner ready to go out to play tonight, but not in this case.

Edited by kalifire

49 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Can we go to jersey … I believe the views can be similar … 

😁But Jersey are making it very very hard to visit.  They really don't want anyone near them.

5 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Oh, I definitely prefer South Georgia Island over the South Sandwich Islands. To my mind's eye you get a much better class of penguin there.

Nz is the place for Penguins .... although I didnt see the upper class Emperor penguin 

A very fear mongering way of saying it’s basically the same as we what we already had. 
It’s spreading because the government let too many people back into the community from India who were infected. If they had come back from countries with high prevalence of the  Kent variant the result would have been the same. Covid spreads easily in unvaccinated people shocker. 

Got a text from my doctors late afternoon (10 weeks and 2 days after first jab) and I am all set for tomorrow afternoon which was earlier than I thought it would be. This forced me to switch having a bevvy to tonight instead as I had a slight reaction after the first jab (Shakes for 15 mins) and will take it easy tomorrow night just in case. 

6 minutes ago, sisco said:

Had my jab yesterday and was up most of the night shivering.  Really not nice at all.

That was actually the first symptom of me having Covid back in December too. 

My mate told me recently that he had the same, and his wife (who is a nurse) told him that if you have side effects after the jab, it's more likely that you've had covid previously (so that would make sense).

Side effects thing is interesting. I know quite a few people who've had two jabs now and they either seem to have had none at all (or maybe just mild tiredness and sore arm) or they were worse with one than the other. With AZ it was worse with the first one and fine with the second, and with Pfizer the other way around. Completely unscientific of course.

For me it was sore arm (but not horrendous, just a niggle) and tiredness but I'm still not 100% sure that tiredness was fully down to that either. And I've not had covid.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

16 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Side effects thing is interesting. I know quite a few people who've had two jabs now and they either seem to have had none at all (or maybe just mild tiredness and sore arm) or they were worse with one than the other. With AZ it was worse with the first one and fine with the second, and with Pfizer the other way around. Completely unscientific of course.

For me it was sore arm (but not horrendous, just a niggle) and tiredness but I'm still not 100% sure that tiredness was fully down to that either. And I've not had covid.

I had my 2nd Pfizer jab yesterday & I feel fine apart from a sore arm. After the first jab I had an horrendous headache, like the worst hangover ever.

I think all this proves is that the side effects are completely unpredictable! 🙂