When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

On 5/3/2021 at 5:43 PM, steviewevie said:

I get to break free of it tomorrow..nice been granted a pass out to the pub for my birthday.. not the pub of my choice unfortunately,,instead the pub closest to where I am... And no beer allowed cos of my medications but at least I get a meal off from hospital food which will be nice pub has a decent menu I want it all.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

I get to break free of it tomorrow..nice been granted a pass out to the pub for my birthday.. not the pub of my choice unfortunately,,instead the pub closest to where I am... And no beer allowed cos of my medications but at least I get a meal off from hospital food which will be nice pub has a decent menu I want it all.

Small victories, Neil...but take an umbrella

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Added to the above ... if its a busy one hope you have booked ....  and have a good birthday out 

6 minutes ago, st dan said:

A week into May now and we’re yet to really see first doses increase to previous levels - still supply issues? Can’t remember if Zahawi said that it would increase at the end of April or not?

There isn't, and really hasn't been, supply issues. The first doses are lower they were just because we need to service second doses - the number of actual doses being delivered remained high and very comparable with the numbers delivered in Feb and March.

Actually, the supply has probably been even better than the numbers show, because of the alleged stockpiling of Pfizer & Moderna doses. It's possible we see a spike once those are officially made available but probably not.

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Added to the above ... if its a busy one hope you have booked ....  and have a good birthday out 

We've booked but got the approval a bit late and could only book for two for three of us should be ok tho. Fingers crossed I want to eat the whole menu.

1 minute ago, northernringo said:

The green list:

• Portugal
  • Israel
  • Singapore
  • Australia
  • New Zealand
  • Brunei
  • Iceland
  • Gibraltar
  • Falkland Islands
  • Faroe Islands
  • South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
  • St Helena, Tristan de Cunha, Ascension Island

18 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Update from the briefing:

Screenshot 2021-05-07 at 17.13.48.png

I think it will take some time going from yellow to green for most european countries, but I also think that most will be green by summer. 
Nearly all cases have and are falling now across Europe.

The incidence value for corona here has fallen from around 400 to 111 (today) in the past few weeks, so rather similar to Germany and Italy now, close behind Spain but far better than France.
Experts said that end of may/start of june it could be a fast strong fall of cases because this will be the time when vaccination effects will begin to work (now its more because of part lockdowns and the seasonal effect). Concerns at least for now are Turkey, Cyprus, Sweden and Croatia.

Just now, shoptildrop said:

Question to folks, I had my Pfizer jab 10 weeks ago today but I've still not heard anything about my 2nd jab - when are people usually hearing about theirs?

I'm in the Manchester area

My mum had pfizer and at 10 weeks she called up somewhere or other and then got an appointment. Not sure who, think her GP.

12 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Question to folks, I had my Pfizer jab 10 weeks ago today but I've still not heard anything about my 2nd jab - when are people usually hearing about theirs?

I'm in the Manchester area

I’m 10 weeks too and got a text earlier in the week with a booking link … I’d personally wait till it gets to 11 weeks b4 giving them a call … 

• Upvote 1

This comes also from today:

The G7 countries want to abolish the quarantine requirement when traveling. This is what the Italian health minister Roberto Speranza said on Friday after a meeting of the G7 health ministers via video conference. According to the APA (Austrian Press Agency), the focus of the discussion was on measures for travel between the G7 countries in view of the current epidemiological situation.

"With the containment measures still ongoing and the progress made in the vaccination campaign, we can look to the future with reasonable confidence. We can work together from now until the G7 summit in Oxford in early June to break the quarantine for travel between our countries," said Speranza. The obligation to submit a negative test result before the start of the journey and after arrival remains in effect.