When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

India defo isn't rich. At least normal citizens aren't. It is so high up there cause it is so populous obv the GDP is gonna be high. What is the GDP per capita?

India has the 122nd highest GDP per capita (IMF estimate), so yeah it's not rich.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

It’s rich enough to waste $2b per year on a space agency program that’s completely unnecessary. 

And with a population of 1.3 billion that's less than $2 per person.

Admittedly it's not what I'd spend the money on if I ran a country, but I wouldn't say the Indian people should suffer a collapsing health system in a pandemic because their gov have spunked away $2 per person on space ships.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Far too much talk of the need for people to be "fully vaccinated" there - I have a funny feeling things might get stretched out until everyone is...

May 17th seems to be on track. After that is up in the air. But everyone I've spoken to think June 21st is the end of restrictions in the Uk. I think people will accept holiday restrictions and maybe some mask wearing while travelling on public transport but not much past that

Change #26 to our vaccine roll out this evening (all but about 3 of the previous alterations were due to doses not arriving as expected)...anyway, most significant changes are parallel vaccination with different vaccines in younger and older cohorts (since we have different ones in hand now) and the decision that under 50s who are not immunocompromised will be considered fully vaccinated after 1 dose of any vaccine if they had laboratory-confirmed Covid in the previous 6 months. Got our largest delivery of vaccines so far today (more in one day than we got in the whole month of January) and if Pfizer can continue to deliver, we’ll hit our target of 80% done by June, everyone with at least 1 dose by July...getting there!

edit: oh, and roadmap to opening being moved forward!

Edited by Toilet Duck
  • Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Toilet Duck said:

Change #26 to our vaccine roll out this evening (all but about 3 of the previous alterations were due to doses not arriving as expected)...anyway, most significant changes are parallel vaccination with different vaccines in younger and older cohorts (since we have different ones in hand now) and the decision that under 50s who are not immunocompromised will be considered fully vaccinated after 1 dose of any vaccine if they had laboratory-confirmed Covid in the previous 6 months. Got our largest delivery of vaccines so far today (more in one day than we got in the whole month of January) and if Pfizer can continue to deliver, we’ll hit our target of 80% done by June, everyone with at least 1 dose by July...getting there!

edit: oh, and roadmap to opening being moved forward!

Hmm, so it's likely that I will get a Pfizer rather than another AstraZeneca when I get 2nd jabbed on 10th May then?  If so I hope the side effects aren't any worse.

2 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Hmm, so it's likely that I will get a Pfizer rather than another AstraZeneca when I get 2nd jabbed on 10th May then?  If so I hope the side effects aren't any worse.

I'm not sure, but I don't think that's what he meant by parallel vaccination with different vaccines. Also he is talking about Ireland, so unless you're in Ireland this doesn't apply to you.

4 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Oh, sorry for the confusion! Yes, talking about Ireland, so there shouldn’t be any change to your 2nd dose (unless there is some massive unforeseen shortage). The parallel vaccination in different age groups here is over 50s getting AZ and J&J while Pfizer & Moderna are being used for under 50s, however since we get deliveries of all of them at the moment, we may as well do different age groups at the same time.