When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

18 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

Yes actually. I could have had mine months ago through work but would rather wait until it’s my turn as a lot more people need it before I do. 

Where do we draw the line with regards to other countries needing them more than us? Plenty of countries are still a lot more vulnerable to an outbreak than we are, should we have stopped at the over 50’s until all other countries had at the very least vaccinated their most vulnerable? 

I see the situation as a decompression scenario on an aeroplane (without trying to be insensitive with lack of oxygen connotations) you should put on your own mask before you help others. 
The sooner we vaccinated everyone in this country the sooner we can pour much larger resources into helping other countries in need, rather than using watering cans to try and put out wildfires. 

and each person is a rich country and the poorer country is the child sitting next to them?

India needs help now.

Edited by steviewevie

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

India have all the resources they need to sort their own problems out but choose to build rockets. 

yeah, well we can moan about the government etc...but it's a humanitarian crisis, right? and in the end this is a global problem. There is a cure, but there is only so much.

I guess this wave they're going through will pass....I'm kind of hoping China steps in to help because that is a massive war waiting to happen.

31 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

and each person is a rich country and the poorer country is the child sitting next to them?

India needs help now.

We don’t have hundreds of millions of doses to send them, what we have isn’t going to make a dent. 
We can’t just go shipping off most our oxygen and ventilator supplies and risk ending up getting caught short ourselves. 
Once we all “have our masks on” we can be of much greater help. 

I also don’t think we should be sacrificing our own needs to prioritise helping a country that were doing things like this a few weeks ago.... 

newFile-3.jpg?width=968&auto=webp&qualit

1 minute ago, BobWillis2 said:

We don’t have hundreds of millions of doses to send them, what we have isn’t going to make a dent. 
We can’t just go shipping off most our oxygen and ventilator supplies and risk ending up getting caught short ourselves. 

I also don’t think we should be sacrificing our own needs to prioritise helping a country that were doing things like this a few weeks ago.... 

yeah, they made some bad decisions...and probably became complacent as cases stayed low there for a relatively long period.....but I don't know, makes me feel a very uncomfortable celebrating pubs opening whilst watching this disaster enfold  India from what is the same disease we are all fighting on a global scale.

9 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

like our eat out to help out scheme with a few more people ? or our various demonstrations ? I think this is outside and considered low risk to some on here ? I bet you could find numerous photos similar of the uk ? 

Edited by crazyfool1

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

like our eat out to help out scheme with a few more people ? or our various demonstrations ? I think this is outside and considered low risk to some on here ? I bet you could find numerous photos similar of the uk ? 

Did we get any help? Or did we just get the EU threatening to withhold doses from us at the time of our biggest need? 

Just now, BobWillis2 said:

Did we get any help? Or did we just get the EU threatening to withhold doses from us at the time of our biggest need? 

so the photos then ? you agree that similar can be sourced of the uk ? I believe the EU have been helping each other out during the pandemic by moving patients about .... 

4 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

we are a wealthy country with a well funded heath service, relatively....can't really compare.

But, at same time Modi should not have allowed those religious and sports gatherings...they were doing ok a few months ago and just needed to keep jabbing and keep with the social distancing.

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

It's funny how the accusations of bullying only apply one way in this thread 🤔

I notice stuff like this isn't called out by the usual suspects who all would leap to condemn it if roles were reversed.

There is a difference ... I wonder if you can tell me what it is ? 

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

India is the 5th / 6th richest country in the world....  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)

India's problems are ALL of their own making.  You clearly know fuck all about India.

yeah, ok it's rich....but it obviously has massive amounts of poverty and is chaotic in many ways. I have spent a few months in India, I have seen the poverty...

I'm not denying India's problems are not of their own making (ignoring them being exploited by the british empire to make britain wealthier of course)...I'm just saying that this is a global problem, India is a friendly country to UK...maybe we could provide assistance with vaccines even if means delaying our restrictions...

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

No idea why you need to patronise me. What's the difference?

Apologies not patronising ... the difference is that the person has been responding throughout ... and the person that you were accused of bullying didn’t respond on 1 single occasion despite being quoted and tagged on more occasions than I’d like to go back and count ... perhaps you might like to have a look ? And give me a number ... bet you it’s more than 20