When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

55 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Irish coronavirus protests 

IMG_20200428_155105.jpg

To be fair, it's John Waters, Gemma O'Doherty and a select few other eejits (as they would be referred to round these parts). A quick google of the ring-leaders will let you know the level we are dealing with here. There's not a lot of support for their antics! (though like you, we are getting fed up being stuck at home)

13 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

To be fair, it's John Waters, Gemma O'Doherty and a select few other eejits (as they would be referred to round these parts). A quick google of the ring-leaders will let you know the level we are dealing with here. There's not a lot of support for their antics! (though like you, we are getting fed up being stuck at home)

So this is what John Waters is getting up to when he's not making films ☺️

I'd say the lack of social distancing should make them likely to get infected, but the Darwinian experiment seems to be failing to take out fuckwits like these.  I should clarify I don't want people to die; I want them to see beyond their own immediate interests

6 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Just watching the briefing today and they really are spinning the figures in a misleading way to try and downplay care home deaths (I don't believe it is on par with usual amount of deaths in care homes, it's bloody higher!!)

Reports, shortly after Germany relaxes lockdown, of a rise in Covid-19 cases, if this reverses their progress it's a major blow for us all:

Germany may be compelled to bring back elements of its lockdown amid signs that coronavirus cases could be on the point of starting to multiply again.

The country’s virus reproduction rate, which measures how many people the average person with Covid-19 infects, has rebounded to a value of 1.0, the dividing line between growth and decline, according to government epidemiologists.

Angela Merkel has said that German hospitals will be overwhelmed by the end of June if the number rises even a little higher, and that a corresponding increase in infections would make a second “shutdown” unavoidable

Edited by Avalon_Fields

49 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Reports, shortly after Germany relaxes lockdown, of a rise in Covid-19 cases, if this reverses their progress it's a major blow for us all:

Germany may be compelled to bring back elements of its lockdown amid signs that coronavirus cases could be on the point of starting to multiply again.

The country’s virus reproduction rate, which measures how many people the average person with Covid-19 infects, has rebounded to a value of 1.0, the dividing line between growth and decline, according to government epidemiologists.

Angela Merkel has said that German hospitals will be overwhelmed by the end of June if the number rises even a little higher, and that a corresponding increase in infections would make a second “shutdown” unavoidable

I really don’t understand this, because what were Germany, or anyone else for that matter expecting? It’s a fairly virulent virus that hasn’t anywhere near run it’s course yet. My expectation has always been that lockdown measures will be eased as much as is possible so life can get back to some sort of normality, but with measures in place to keep the spread in check. I never however imagined that we would keep it below 1 by doing that. if you could ease lockdown and keep it below 1 then surely that’s it cracked and it was never the big deal we thought?

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

It's gone back down to 0.9 today. I don't think this focus on daily changes is particularly helpful either.

3 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

Just watching the briefing today and they really are spinning the figures in a misleading way to try and downplay care home deaths (I don't believe it is on par with usual amount of deaths in care homes, it's bloody higher!!)

Way higher - that's where it just moved over from deflection to outright lying. Anyone who has seen the numbers know this, but to be honest we're in the minority, he said it so it's true to most of the country

Same as the Panorama comment about it not being an objective piece of journalism (though I did see something about those interviewed  being Labour activists so who knows)

Edited by efcfanwirral

7 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Way higher - that's where it just moved over from deflection to outright lying. Anyone who has seen the numbers know this, but to be honest we're in the minority, he said it so it's true to most of the country

Same as the Panorama comment about it not being an objective piece of journalism (though I did see something about those interviewed  being Labour activists so who knows)

That doesn’t make it any less relevant though. 

54 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

That doesn’t make it any less relevant though. 

To us sure, but to the general public that makes them unreliable, so it's an effective way for the government to discredit any findings and make it pointless. If they wanted to convince anyone other than the already converted, they shoud've made it more mainstream credible 

7 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

To us sure, but to the general public that makes them unreliable, so it's an effective way for the government to discredit any findings and make it pointless. If they wanted to convince anyone other than the already converted, they shoud've made it more mainstream credible 

I believe it was mainstream credible, if after watching that program someone doesn’t believe there is a major problem then that person is part of the problem.

Regardless of their politics those people are still NHS workers that have been let down by our Government.

If they get away with this then we might as well just scrap it all, scrap debate, scrap opposition, scrap elections. Hand them the keys to the country as nothing makes any difference anymore. 

• Upvote 1

News from the frontline:

50% of the beds on Mrs Lycra's covid-19 unit are now empty. Positive but sombre news. Many have died, including 3 of her hospital colleagues.

I wanted to share this with all to give you a sign the situation is improving, albeit slowly. But please please please do not relax your guard: the war is far from being won. 

Edited by Lycra
  • Upvote 6

17 minutes ago, Lycra said:

News from the frontline:

50% of the beds on Mrs Lycra's covid-19 unit are now empty. Positive but sombre news. Many have died, including 3 of her hospital colleagues.  

Stay safe Mrs Lycra, no doubt her and her colleagues are doing a phenomenal job.  So sorry to here about the losses there. 

1 hour ago, Lycra said:

News from the frontline:

I wanted to share this with all to give you a sign the situation is improving, albeit slowly. But please please please do not relax your guard: the war is far from being won. 

Hope that Mrs L has adequate PPE, so sad to read of her colleagues.  Can I echo your sentiments about not relaxing the precautions. We are getting there.  Hospitals are not at capacity here but the situation in local care homes is dire. Mrs C is a home carer and here PPE is woeful. Finally got aprons, hopeless, as thin as those bags you get in Tesco to put loose fruit it!  Her problem is dealing with dementia patients, they just don’t know what’s going on and are scared by carers in masks, gloves etc!  Every day we talk about the day when we will finally get back to Glastonbury!  What a great feeling it will be getting that wristband on! 

1 hour ago, Lycra said:

News from the frontline:

Horrible. Thanks for sharing though Lycra.