Suggested Bookings for smaller stages

cheesey_toastie

I understand each stage has their own booking manager. I wonder if they look at these threads? Is it worth posting a few smaller acts you think could be otherwise overlooked. 

(Sorry if there is already a thread on this). 

I'd like to see Ledfoot again, played the Bourbon Street bar on a Thursday and it was epic. Gothic blues... 

Love to see (again) at the Farm:

Beth Rowley

Roxanne de Bastion

The Burning Hell

Nick Waterhouse

Colectro

My Baby

JJ Rosa

North Mississippi All-Stars (this could happen, they're over here)

And how about a first for Kristina Train! Or Tedeschi Trucks Band? Go down a storm on Avalon...

(but I'll be very happy whoever is there tbh)

56 minutes ago, billum said:

Love to see (again) at the Farm:

Beth Rowley

Roxanne de Bastion

The Burning Hell

Nick Waterhouse

Colectro

My Baby

JJ Rosa

North Mississippi All-Stars (this could happen, they're over here)

And how about a first for Kristina Train! Or Tedeschi Trucks Band? Go down a storm on Avalon...

(but I'll be very happy whoever is there tbh)

Ooo... exciting. 

I met The Little Unsaid last week and asked if they’re at the Small World stage again but they’ve not been invited yet.

I’m a big fan of the Irish singer Lisa O’Neill and with the excellent reviews she’s been getting she’s really has to be at the festival, seeing her again on Tuesday so I’ll try and ask her.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/feb/03/lisa-oneill-review-bristol-folk-house

Excellent thread idea. Once an act has secured a way in via one venue, they have the opportunity to play multiple times in multiple locations.

The issue is that many small venues get VERY limited passes for the acts they want to host, which makes the final few months like a massive underground music trading market. 

3 hours ago, Simpo said:

The Lovely Eggs need to play at Glastonbury. Williams Green would be perfect.

Yes - and a late Crows Nest set too.

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

A few for William's Green (or anywhere for that matter) - Red Rum Club, The Mysterines, Buzzard Buzzard Buzzard 

Definitely keen for some bird on bird on bird action.

12 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

for some (me ) i still find them amusing ..... its tradition that I laugh at  them and then think to myself ive laughed at the same joke probably 7 or 8 times before :) 

The odd tradition is pretty nice, but when the Avalon poster comes out I feel like I've seen it several times before. It's not as if there aren't bands up and down the country who are worthy to play.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

The odd tradition is pretty nice, but when the Avalon poster comes out I feel like I've seen it several times before. It's not as if there aren't bands up and down the country who are worthy to play.

yep thats fair :) .... I guess its just safe