2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

9 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Electric Picnic canceled, dont think itll have any impact on the lineup (hopefully) as they rescheduled it for a few weeks later. 

Looks like it’s cancelled altogether

They also hadn’t announced any bands and then said was only available to double vaccinated people.

Hopefully no bearing on EOTR though

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/electric-picnic-2021-laois-county-24689253.amp?fbclid=IwAR1Py_zLxgtzLYmFO1TRwx_y67RZ9AX6_8ARio1zM9TjIuSXeMgLyhGhfPM

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

Spanish study has shown that people attending outdoor festivals with antigen testing and no social distancing were 76% more likely to get covid.

Not saying for a moment that EOTR shouldn’t go ahead but is worth acknowledging the risk is higher. 

I'm probably preaching to the choir then, but get at least one jab before coming people. The difference in your health is stark.

A pal lives with an anti vax person. They both got Covid. My pal was single jabbed, felt poorly for 3 days, then was on the mend and fine within a week. His unvaxxed room mate was bed ridden for 2 weeks

That Spanish study was for 100k people over 3 festivals and not clear the number of vaccinated.  I'm fairly cautious about Covid even after double vaccinations but I don't think the risk is comparable at EOTR which will be a smaller, older and more vaccinated crowd.

On an individual basis there is undoubtedly some degree of risk, but for me it's one with taking because of the mental health and wellbeing boost desperately needed at this point. Just being able to do this for two weeks already has made an incredible difference. 

I've felt considerably safer at the festival I've done (Latitude) as opposed to most of the gigs. There is always the option to remain at outdoor stages, as well. I imagine EotR crowd will be more respectful and with a higher vax/2vax percentage too.

7 minutes ago, JHad said:

On an individual basis there is undoubtedly some degree of risk, but for me it's one with taking because of the mental health and wellbeing boost desperately needed at this point. Just being able to do this for two weeks already has made an incredible difference. 

I've felt considerably safer at the festival I've done (Latitude) as opposed to most of the gigs. There is always the option to remain at outdoor stages, as well. I imagine EotR crowd will be more respectful and with a higher vax/2vax percentage too.

AND EOTR is 6 weeks after Latitude when more people have been vaccinated and, if present trends continue, infection rates should be much lower. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, snipe said:

That Spanish study was for 100k people over 3 festivals and not clear the number of vaccinated.  I'm fairly cautious about Covid even after double vaccinations but I don't think the risk is comparable at EOTR which will be a smaller, older and more vaccinated crowd.

Well true but also true:

- They were wearing masks in Spain, which won't happen at EOTR

- Spain in fact has a higher vaccination rate than the UK (the UK govt is very good at not reporting this)

I think the risk is likely comparable but the risk is low.

Edited by xxialac

15 minutes ago, shoebox said:

Trying to work out who else has been added. The playlist is currently updating and I see Lorraine James and Kiran Leonard there. Has anyone worked out the definitive list yet?

Compared to a list taken May 22nd.

in

ANNA B SAVAGE
BABII
BALIMAYA PROJECT
BROADSIDE HACKS
CRACK CLOUD
DAMON ALBARN
GWENIFER RAYMOND
JOE GODDARD (DJ)
JOHN FRANCIS FLYNN
KIRAN LEONARD
LORAINE JAMES
MICHAEL CLARK
SAM AKPRO
SIPHO
THE UMLAUTS
TIBERIUS B
WESLEY GONZALES

out

BLANCK MASS
CURRENT JOYS
DAVID THOMAS BROUGHTON
DISQ
ITASCA
JAKE XERXES FUSSELL
JEFFREY MARTIN
LES AMAZONES D’AFRIQUE
LES FILLES DE ILLIGHADAD
MARGARET GLASPY
MARIE DAVIDSON & L’ŒIL NU
MARLAENA MOORE
MIKE POLIZZE
SHYGIRL
SKULLCRUSHER
SOFIA WOLFSON
SONGHOY BLUES
THE ANCHORESS
TINARIWEN
TUNE-YARDS
WHITNEY

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Just now, paulwa said:

My first reaction to the Damon Albarn news was very "meh", based on his solo stuff, but if he offers up a mix like that it should be good.

Fantastic addition for the fest, even though personally he bores me to tears outside of the obvious big tunes. Id imagine today isnt the last revision of the lineup.

1 minute ago, robith said:

Sad to lose Disq and Blanck Mass, but gotta be realistic about the situation we find ourselves in. Think it's pretty fucking stellar giving the parameters.

Damon is a bit of a coup for them?

Graham Coxon has played EOTR before. Now if they could only get them there at the same time!