2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

It would be nice if they could announce the Covid protocol soon. I'm stressing over whether my vaccine proof will be accepted (our government hasn't managed to get our data onto the NHS app yet, so I have a letter with my vaccination status and another letter explaining the first one is genuine because it doesn't look very official).

I know of a few venues that that are requiring negative lateral flow test results as the only acceptable condition of entry, even if you're double vaccinated. But I would imagine EOTR will be the same as Latitude - either a negative lateral flow test (with the 'requirement' (as it's impossible to enforce) that you retest 48 hours after entering the site) or proof that you're double vaccinated.

Would certainly be nice to get confirmation though.

36 minutes ago, Declan said:

It would be nice if they could announce the Covid protocol soon. I'm stressing over whether my vaccine proof will be accepted (our government hasn't managed to get our data onto the NHS app yet, so I have a letter with my vaccination status and another letter explaining the first one is genuine because it doesn't look very official).

I feel very confident they will err on the side of leniency. It’s not in their interest to turn people away that have credible looking documents and even an nhs printed cerificate can of course be easily faked.

Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a one second glance, which has been my experience at airport check in desks recently (and that’s where fines are possible).

I’d relax!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mardy said:

Have you seen the documentary about her from the other year? The Ballad of Shirley Collins - worth a watch. Also, there's a belting NPR tiny desk concert. I'll be honest, I'm genuinely surprised she's not one of the acts that have dropped out. Won't believe she's there till she walks out on stage. Stewart Lee's a huge fan of hers, wonder if we'll get him on the comedy lineup as a result?

I havent no, good shout cheers. On it.

Yeah really hope she makes it. Just inject her with vaccines every few minutes to be safe. Im expecting her to walk out on stage looking like Hellraiser with all the needles in her face. 

Attended Wickham Festival on the Saturday night. Daily 7000 capacity. Was not sold out - but claimed to be close to full. Main stage was not used due to electrics issues and safety. All main acts had to play Big Top. Twas 50% open sided. Not too crowded as many sat in chairs and watched on screens just outside the tent, but they are an older demographic. Codgers! 

I reckon I saw 2 people wearing masks and no one approached me re any Covid related enquiry, even when exchanging arm band for wrist pass. Almost like Covid never happened! It rained from the Thursday so they had mud, rain and last minute 'repairs' to attend to, plus towing  many vehicles stuck in camping fields, RVs etc. That was their headache, but not Covid. 

Emailing confimring entry is

- COVID pass

- 48 hour lateral flow

- Natural immunity cert

In order to make the weekend as safe as possible for everybody involved, we will be requiring all attendees to abide by new Covid-19 protocols in order to gain access to End of The Road Festival 2021. All ticket holders aged 11 and over (those under 11 are exempt) will need to demonstrate their Covid-19 Status by providing either:

• Proof of full vaccination – both doses received (with the second at least 14 days prior to the festival) or;

• Proof of a negative NHS Lateral Flow Test or PCR Test taken within 48 hours prior to arrival at the festival (please note that it can take up to two hours for your test result to show up on the NHS App) or;

• Proof of natural immunity based upon a positive PCR test within 180 days of the festival (including 10 days self-isolation following the result).

You will find a full list of FAQs regarding Covid-19 on our website.

Edited by robith
  • Like 1

Uh oh, where would one get one of these kits?

Ticket holders from Northern Ireland and Overseas

All other ticket holders (international and those from Northern Ireland) will be required to provide evidence of a negative NHS Lateral Flow or PCR Test, by reporting the result here and presenting your NHS email or text notification at the entry gates.

Edited by The Nal

3 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Uh oh

All other ticket holders (international and those from Northern Ireland) will be required to provide evidence of a negative NHS Lateral Flow or PCR Test, by reporting the result here and presenting your NHS email or text notification at the entry gates.

Oh jeez, quite surprised at that. On other hand is easy to get a lateral flow. 

10 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Uh oh, where would one get one of these kits?

Collect for free at any chemist (including most supermarkets) in England on the way to the festival.

• Upvote 1

They've turned around on accepting the EU digital covid certificate on Twitter pretty rapidly.  I was going through the NHS test website to see what is required.. it does ask where in the Uk you live to proceed so it would have been impossible to register a result without lying (or putting in the festival as some sort of temporary residence).

45 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Oh jeez, quite surprised at that. On other hand is easy to get a lateral flow. 

However, I took a lateral flow test last night and attempted to add it to the app. This requires a QR code or ID number that is not on my test. (I lied and said I was in England because the Isle of Man isn't an option). So I conclude you can only do this IF you have an NHS test, and I don't seem to have one of those. 

Can I get the NHS test in London on the Thursday morning?

Edited by Declan

6 minutes ago, Declan said:

However, I took a lateral flow test last night and attempted to add it to the app. This requires a QR code or ID number that is not on my test. (I lied and said I was in England because the Isle of Man isn't an option). So I conclude you can only do this IF you have an NHS test, and I don't seem to have one of those. 

Can I get the NHS test in London on the Thursday morning?

Yep - you can pick up free LFT test packs at most pharmacies. As soon as you've done it report the result here (assuming it's negative!) and you'll get a text and an email with confirmation after a few minutes.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, goldengirl said:

Masks heavily encouraged in tipi and bigtop... Guess they aren't able to open them up. 

Maybe they will reduce numbers inside instead then. I for one will be avoiding them anyway. It's a shame, but there will be plenty on elsewhere and you have to go with your comfort level at the moment. Besides which, those places are stuffy enough in normal times, let alone with a mask on.

• Upvote 1