2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

9 hours ago, jamesrfisher said:

Looks like the map is up, big change around for camping, Boutique taking up a lot of space and normal camping now in the 'valley'

2021.png

I'm not going this year, but if I was that would annoy me I think. It looks like the area I usually camp, by the monument, is now boutique camping. Liked that bit because there were a lot of toilets so not much queuing in an emergency.....

Be interested to hear how it goes. Does look like a lot of space given over to boutique camping at the expense of the plebs.

16 minutes ago, IBee said:

I'm not going this year, but if I was that would annoy me I think. It looks like the area I usually camp, by the monument, is now boutique camping. Liked that bit because there were a lot of toilets so not much queuing in an emergency.....

Be interested to hear how it goes. Does look like a lot of space given over to boutique camping at the expense of the plebs.

Yep this new layout has annoyed me, my usual spot which I've camped at for probably at least the last 5 years is in serious danger of falling into boutique territory.

Not that it isn't my issue, but are boutique folk going to be allowed into the red car park to unpack before walking over to wristband exchange? I'd be surprised if they are allowed to do that as technically they'll be in the festival grounds without a wristband. If not, they will have to enter one of the main car parks, before departing to red car park?! Seems a bit of a faff. 

On 8/2/2021 at 9:51 PM, allpointsnorth said:

It is complete speculation on my part. They are very much an EOTR type booking, I can't understand how they could fund a trip to the EU for a small one off show unless they had a festival booking to fund it?

Speaking of discrepancies in bookings,  I previously mentioned that Skullcrusher had cancelled the Birmingham gig due to the pandemic and thus expecting rest of the tour to be cancelled, yet I haven't had notification that the London date has been cancelled. I'm wondering then if Skullcrusher are still playing at EOTR and the Birmingham date was cancelled due to other reasons (poor ticket sales?).

Finally, Julianna Barwick was previously on eotr line up then culled with other transatlantic artists who couldn't make it. However her EU tour which include dates either side of EOTR weekend is still listed as going ahead?

Julianna Barwick UK dates in early September now finally postponed until February 2022. I can't see why the cancellation wasn't announced ages given it was always unlikely she would be playing given her cancellation at EOTR?

Interesting that there are a lot of tickets on twickets still available... perhaps I could still go after all. My memory is, having bought tickets from twickets in previous years is that this time of year they went as soon as they were put on the site.

45 minutes ago, allpointsnorth said:

Yep this new layout has annoyed me, my usual spot which I've camped at for probably at least the last 5 years is in serious danger of falling into boutique territory.

Not that it isn't my issue, but are boutique folk going to be allowed into the red car park to unpack before walking over to wristband exchange? I'd be surprised if they are allowed to do that as technically they'll be in the festival grounds without a wristband. If not, they will have to enter one of the main car parks, before departing to red car park?! Seems a bit of a faff. 

I think there’s a separate wristband exchange at the red gate for boutique campers.

I don’t think there’s a Mr Trolley at the red gate, only the man on one - but as it’s boutique camping there probably won’t be much need anyway.

1 hour ago, idyllwild said:

I think there’s a separate wristband exchange at the red gate for boutique campers.

I don’t think there’s a Mr Trolley at the red gate, only the man on one - but as it’s boutique camping there probably won’t be much need anyway.

Every boutique booking comes with a personal bellboy this year. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, allpointsnorth said:

From the Tangerine website

Please head for red gate follow the yellow AA signs on the roads. This is new gate for EOTR2021 and only for Boutique camping customers. You will park in the red car park which is the next field to the campsite. Just cross the road go to the box office for your wristband then look out for our orange gazebos.

26 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I know it was in a catherdral but John Grants latest setlist is piano Queen of Denmark heavy as opposed to electro slow disco. More of this please!

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/john-grant/2021/coventry-cathedral-coventry-england-6b8f16ca.html

Perfect setlist, damn. In practice at a festival he's more likely to mostly play the new stuff though.