2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

56 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Personally would love it. I've often said on another branch of this forum that I'd be right up for it if Glastonbury didn't release a line-up or poster and the first you know about any of it was when you opened your programme as you get through the gate

There's a small festival in Spain near the border with Portugal that takes place on an island in the Vigo estuary, and I believe you go out by boat to the island each day not knowing who is going to be playing.  Its called Festival Sinsal.

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

Personally would love it. I've often said on another branch of this forum that I'd be right up for it if Glastonbury didn't release a line-up or poster and the first you know about any of it was when you opened your programme as you get through the gate

I mean, I see the attraction, there's something lovely about stumbling across something great at the time it happens - but as someone who went to my first couple of EotR's knowing nothing about most of the music, I'm gonna say I've got more out of it, musically, since I started looking at the line-up and doing some research first.

Also I look back at those first couple of line-ups now and I'm like omg, all these great bands were there and I didn't see them because I didn't know about them.

(And because the cloth-eared people I was with failed to give me the right recommendations.)

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, robith said:

I respect you, so I'm gonna ignore that

hehe, fucking hell, I dunno what's worse, your judgement of my character, or your musical taste.

As it goes, I'll admit missing blur was probably a mistake

Edited by Mardy
  • Upvote 1

At the risk of jinxing it, there was a very significant chance this festival was going to get cancelled and now with a mere three weeks to go, we’re past the point of no return both in that the organisers have committed and the govt can’t do a u-turn (for once).

Game on!

Edited by xxialac

2 minutes ago, glasshousebill said:

Couple of thoughts...

Is it too soon to look at the weather? It all starts three weeks tomorrow

Wednesday 25 Aug - Wednesday 8 Sep

Confidence is very low through this period. There are signs that the UK will continue to be under the influence of high pressure with settled weather more likely in the south. However, some spells of heavy rain and thunderstorms are possible at times. The north of the UK will probably remain changeable and often unsettled. Temperatures are likely to be overall near or slightly above average.

While listening to the EOTR playlist, I did a bit of searching for who's playing on which date. These are some that have announced a specific date instead of being vague or showing nothing:

Friday 3rd
Warmduscher
Vanishing Twin

Sunday 5th
Little Simz

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I wonder if Wet Leg will do a secret gig as the buzz band of the moment.

Definitely one of my tips for a late night Tipi slot too.

Who else do you reckon?

I'll go with Wet Leg, Alabaster Deplume and/or Soccer96 and Martha Skye Murphy for acts which aren't on the bill. (Maybe The Orielles, Jockstrap, Porridge Radio, Working Mens Club, Do Nothing or Goat Girl if they're going for anyone more established.)

Extra sets from those already on the bill, I'll go Modern Woman or The Golden Dregs as they're the two bands on their own label. Maybe PVA, Yard Act?

What about the traditional Sunday mash up? BC,NR and Squid would be outrageous!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Really only going deep into the lineup now. Shirley Collins is a bit of a coup! 86 years young. New stuff is lovely.  

Have you seen the documentary about her from the other year? The Ballad of Shirley Collins - worth a watch. Also, there's a belting NPR tiny desk concert. I'll be honest, I'm genuinely surprised she's not one of the acts that have dropped out. Won't believe she's there till she walks out on stage. Stewart Lee's a huge fan of hers, wonder if we'll get him on the comedy lineup as a result?

• Upvote 1

Can someone please reassure me I haven't missed any info. about any Covid policies ? 

I had the ticket emailed at the end of the month with that reference to an announcement but nothing since.  Is EOTR affected by any Covid rules on size.  So hard keeping up, but at least it's going ahead. Isn't it ?