2020 New Music

dentalplan

4 hours ago, Chawk said:

i have faith it'll be good, although I'm tempted to call it a snooze fest if this is the lead single. 

I suppose it's unlikely to be the lead single as chances are they wouldn't steal the thunder of the start of the new album campaign by sitting on Zoom and knocking it out for the world to see some time before.

Adam did preview some more songs on a live stream a few months back. They sounded more like Lost in the Dream/A Deeper Understanding type tracks if that's more what you're in to.

we need to let Osees back on tour, Dwyer clearly has too much hands on his time at this point. This is an avant garde remix of stuff from the last couple of albums as far as I can make out, I actually quite liking it but 3 albums in 4 months is pushing it ahah. The video is well worth a watch.

Edit: well I guess the Bent Arcana album takes that up to 4 albums in 5 months for him.

Edit2: thinking about it the Damaged Bug one got officially released in July after RSD complications so he's on 5 in 6 months. Not counting the Live album they just put out from the Levitation session they did in August.

Edited by priest17

38 minutes ago, priest17 said:

we need to let Osees back on tour, Dwyer clearly has too much hands on his time at this point. This is an avant garde remix of stuff from the last couple of albums as far as I can make out, I actually quite liking it but 3 albums in 4 months is pushing it ahah. The video is well worth a watch.

Edit: well I guess the Bent Arcana album takes that up to 4 albums in 5 months for him.

Edit2: thinking about it the Damaged Bug one got officially released in July after RSD complications so he's on 5 in 6 months. Not counting the Live album they just put out from the Levitation session they did in August.

This must be what being a Buckethead fan is like.

3 hours ago, Quark said:

Been catching up a bit, new This Is The Kit album is lovely stuff.

Yes I love it as well and my vinyl version arrived today

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

Agreed, just been listening. 

Awful album cover though.

I got a signed copy which came with 2 covers (assume she just got sent a bunch of covers to sign and the shop couldn't be arsed to swap them out) but as a result this comment made me laugh!!

2 hours ago, priest17 said:

The Osees tour put back to May now, as you probably know. Still playing Protean Threat which is ace.

46 minutes ago, Quark said:

Yumi Zouma have released an alternative versions album of Truth or Consequences today.  Been a while since I listened to the original release so can't tell you just how alternative it is yet, but sounding good on first listen.

@circus92 @lessthanwill1 @Mattymooz might be of interest.

Great - thanks for this. Would have passed me by.
It sounded good on listen of the first few tracks, but it did make me go back and listen to the original again after a few months off the radar. I’d forgotten what an album it is! Certainly top 10 (probably top 5) of the year for me. It also made me long for the summertime and sunshine again though!

5 minutes ago, st dan said:

Great - thanks for this. Would have passed me by.
It sounded good on listen of the first few tracks, but it did make me go back and listen to the original again after a few months off the radar. I’d forgotten what an album it is! Certainly top 10 (probably top 5) of the year for me. It also made me long for the summertime and sunshine again though!

Got a bandcamp alert on them this morning, otherwise I'd have completely missed it as well.  It's one of the ones from my halfway Top 20 list that'll still be in the reckoning come year end. Know what you mean as well, lovely dreamy summer vibes 😭

Think it's been said elsewhere on here that she's not exactly re-inventing the wheel, but I'm really enjoying beabadoobee's album. 

I know trends are cyclical and all that so it was bound to happen, but there's a real resurgence in acts with a sound that would have slotted in nicely to the local indie club in the mid to late 90s at the moment. Not carbon copies or tribute acts, but clearly influenced by. And I love it.