2020 New Music

dentalplan

41 minutes ago, Baggins7 said:

New tune from Black Honey just dropped, think its my least favourite of the 3 so far on the new album but think it will work well as an album opener. Also a good time of year to drop it with a halloween themed video 

Yeah definitely their best of the last 3 for me as well. I'm not really following them anymore have they got an album out soon?

3 hours ago, Quark said:

Yumi Zouma have released an alternative versions album of Truth or Consequences today.  Been a while since I listened to the original release so can't tell you just how alternative it is yet, but sounding good on first listen.

@circus92 @lessthanwill1 @Mattymooz might be of interest.

Thanks - will check it out.  You pointed out the original earlier this year ( I would probably never have come across it otherwise) and it got loads of spins from me throughout the summer.  One of my favs this year!  Cheers buddy 😁

1 minute ago, circus92 said:

Thanks - will check it out.  You pointed out the original earlier this year ( I would probably never have come across it otherwise) and it got loads of spins from me throughout the summer.  One of my favs this year!  Cheers buddy 😁

De nada. I can usually remember if a particular album gets a good response, so it's a quick cursory search to see whose names pop up!

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Think it's been said elsewhere on here that she's not exactly re-inventing the wheel, but I'm really enjoying beabadoobee's album. 

Agree with this - listened to it quite a bit over the last week and really liking it.

Saw her in Feb this year supporting The 1975 and she was just okay.  New material is a big improvement - would love to catch her again ..... maybe at the farm next year 🤞

Edited by circus92

BC,NR got a new song out, album 5th of Feb

I like it, done well catching their live sound recorded. If you weren't into the other stuff I don't think it'll win anyone round. They're re-recorded the 2 songs already out to fit the live sound a bit better as well so curious about that. I was a bit sick of them by January (that was my fault for overdoing them ahah) so the break has been good, glad they're back.

Edited by priest17

9 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I like it, done well catching their live sound recorded. If you weren't into the other stuff I don't think it'll win anyone round. They're re-recorded the 2 songs already out to fit the live sound a bit better as well so curious about that. I was a bit sick of them by January (that was my fault for overdoing them ahah) so the break has been good, glad they're back.

This was one of my favourites from their set when i last saw them. I assume that track called 'Track X' is the one which namechecks Charli XCX, which was another of my favourites.

3 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

This was one of my favourites from their set when i last saw them. I assume that track called 'Track X' is the one which namechecks Charli XCX, which was another of my favourites.

Yeah that adds up. I was surprised there was only 6 songs on there but thinking of all the sets I've seen there were just long stretches of trumpet so it makes sense.

Just now, Guy Incognito said:

I assume you mean Sax? Agreed though, the album is over 40 mins so should be long enough. 

yeah I call most the blowy instruments trumpet ahah, I should know better than to do so on here. I had a gander at some of the sets I saw in Jan and one of the YES ones was 50 odd minutes long and had 6 songs so I guess they'll probably just lay that down. They've been calling one of their songs Basketball Shoes for a while now so dunno whether that's been rebranded or swapped out.

8 minutes ago, AldoTVAOF said:

New single from TV Priest, who's debut album "Uppers" was due to land on the 13th of next month. They've just announced it's been pushed back to 5th Feb though due to signing to Sub Pop.

That album is shaping up nicely. TV Priest and BC,NR on the same day, lets hope the world can keep its shit together for that long.

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

This is awesome. Little bit shit that we’ve now heard half of the album, but thankfully I managed to not overdo it on the previous two singles and I’ll note to not do the same here as well. Been looking forward to this for ages.

5 hours ago, Baggins7 said:

New tune from Black Honey just dropped, think its my least favourite of the 3 so far on the new album but think it will work well as an album opener. Also a good time of year to drop it with a halloween themed video 

I like that. Great voice and really big guitar sound. Reminds me of Mattiel a bit

• Like 1