2020 New Music

dentalplan

16 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Anyone else think Arianas album is a load of poo and highly skippable?

There’s a few songs in the second half that have begun to shine through after multiple listens, but the first half is pretty shite and the overall sound is a bit of a misstep. Feels like all the worst  and most forgettable parts of her previous couple of albums.

I know its a bit of a meme already but on the new ariana album I reckon I understand less than half of the words she is saying. I like the songs that are less "trap"-y (motive, my hair, pov) - I feel like she really crushed the trap influenced style on thank you, next and in comparison most of these aren't as strong. Apparently the lyrics are pretty bad across the whole album too - but again, I wouldn't know as she barely enunciates.

Attempting my first draft of AOTY - and my word, it’s a good job we have been treated to so many great albums this year, that have really helped to to make an incredibly shitty year just a little less shitty. 
‘So I say thank you for the music, and giving it to me.’

5 minutes ago, st dan said:

Attempting my first draft of AOTY - and my word, it’s a good job we have been treated to so many great albums this year, that have really helped to to make an incredibly shitty year just a little less shitty. 

Was about to say 'already?!' then realised it's November today 🙁

• Like 1

On 11/2/2020 at 10:12 AM, st dan said:

I’ve been revisiting some albums that came out earlier this year, I’m not sure if it’s because it’s been such a weird year but this year’s albums from the likes of Georgia, Bombay Bicycle Club and Tame Impala feel like a lifetime ago. 

4 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I’ve been revisiting some albums that came out earlier this year, I’m not sure if it’s because it’s been such a weird year but this year’s albums from the likes of Georgia, Bombay Bicycle Club and Tame Impala feel like a lifetime ago. 

Christ you’re right. They all feel like they were out last year, and not even late last year. Pre-COVID is just another time entirely.

3 hours ago, zahidf said:

Two new system of a down songs released today

WAIT WHAT

Out of absolutely nowhere! Christ I hope this means they’ve managed to sort out their differences and record some more stuff.

edit: Both songs sound like they could've come straight from Mezmerize or Hypnotize. Also just read up on why they wrote/recorded them so looks like these are possibly a one off for now, although maybe a war was what they needed to light a fire up under them again. I'm expecting a new album next year/in the near future, perhaps foolishly.

Edited by FloorFiller

10 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Erm Kylie Minogue's new album is absolute FIRE. I honestly wasn't expecting much going in to it but goddamn are there some bangers on here. Been a great year for the disco revival with Dua Lipa, Jessie Ware, Roisin Murphy and now this.

Didn’t realise it was out today. Say something is a complete banger so glad to hear there’s a couple more on there!

3 hours ago, priest17 said:

Tiña album is great.

I've had the Petbrick/Deafkids collaboration album Deafbrick on all week and I love it. It's all a bit nonsense goes from low-key nothingy drums to headache material, so perfect album really. It came out way back in September though so I hope this post is okay with @dentaIpIan

Umpire1.gif

I know it's not "cool" to talk about "music" in election week but anyone else keeping up with the Foo Fighters little teaser tweets? They've been building up layers of a clip of a new song over the last couple of days all with the tag #LPX. I just checked and it turns out they already have nine record out so maybe this is building to their tenth studio album (X is ten in Roman numerals and LP often stands for Long Player). Usually one of you lot does all this working out for me but everyone's busy this week.

They're on SNL tomorrow so hopefully they drop this new song before doing it live coz it sounds relatively interesting.