2021 Headliners

3 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

£3.8B? So only around half the planet have heard of her... no chance of headlining 👀

I wouldn’t watch her, but would welcome it. Removes T-Swift from the equation; who is someone I’d have just went to see as I didn’t like what else was on offer. To someone I’ll actively avoid going to see, so takes me away from the pyramid 👊🏻

or alternatively she has loads of devoted fans that have her playing on repeat ? think thats how it works ?

15 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

£3.8B? So only around half the planet have heard of her... no chance of headlining 👀

I wouldn’t watch her, but would welcome it. Removes T-Swift from the equation; who is someone I’d have just went to see as I didn’t like what else was on offer. To someone I’ll actively avoid going to see, so takes me away from the pyramid 👊🏻

'Only' 172 million users have listened to her, not 3.8bn

For the benefit of those who don’t rinse the Taylor thread - Roskilde have not ruled out Taylor and are still hoping to book her. “Too early to tell”

Significant upgrade from Mad Cool outright saying she wouldn’t return in 2021. Also suggests she doesn’t have other plans already booked in for June and July and she’s still very much in play.

Edited by jparx

11 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Based on that list why isn’t Bad Bunny being touted as a potential headliner?

Also who is Bad Bunny?

Latin American music / Spanish speaking music gets huge streaming numbers. It’s a massive market so I’m not surprised a lot of people on here have never heard of him.

Just now, Matt42 said:

Latin American music / Spanish speaking music gets huge streaming numbers. It’s a massive market so I’m not surprised a lot of people on here have never heard of him.

Was just going to say the same thing. They are such a big deal that English speaking pop artists are chasing that reggaeton dollar since Despacito (or before but that was the watershed moment).

So I agree with the gentleman who said Bad Bunny should be headlining.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Was just going to say the same thing. They are such a big deal that English speaking pop artists are chasing that reggaeton dollar since Despacito (or before but that was the watershed moment).

So I agree with the gentleman who said Bad Bunny should be headlining.

I reckon a fair chunk of Dua’s streams are from here though.

I reckon if there was a U.K. Spotify results list Bad Bunny wouldn’t be as high.

Interesting point though as Coachella has started booking Latin American artists and they’ve been getting some of the largest crowds of the weekend.

In our English speaking dominated music scene it’s probably easy to forget that a quarter of the worlds population speaks spanish.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I reckon a fair chunk of Dua’s streams are from here though.

I reckon if there was a U.K. Spotify results list Bad Bunny wouldn’t be as high.

Interesting point though as Coachella has started booking Latin American artists and they’ve been getting some of the largest crowds of the weekend.

In our English speaking dominated music scene it’s probably easy to forget that a quarter of the worlds population speaks spanish.

That's not true.

But yeah with the influence of K-Pop too, festivals in America are becoming much more culturally diverse. We'll be seeing it for afrobeats too, and power to it.

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55143113

The Beeb only has a UK top 5 rather than 10 but yeah no Bad Bunny to be seen. No Dua Lipa either mind you, although Future Nostalgia did come in at number 5 on the albums in both territories.

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Why are we talking about streaming numbers at all?

Cause analytics is all anyone cares about when it comes to booking festival acts it seems.

4 hours ago, Calvin Klein said:

I don't think I can name one Bad Bunny song although I might be too old now (38).

Youve probably heard one but just dont know the title.

It’s not as if Reggaeton is just a new fad or something, just not a genre that is going to go over with you brits. How many spanish language radio stations exist over there? Now compare that to north america. Despacito just gave it another push in the right direction with regards to global acts and such. That stuff cycles ( remember ricky martin and jennifer lopez? ) but now its found a more solid foothold. Did this same thing come up when Shakira was on the Pyramid? Can’t wait til Glasto gets to booking K Pop acts though.