2021 Headliners

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Seems to be a developing theme along with Lionel Richie and fatboy slim ... keeping the festival in people’s thoughts ?! Trying to keep spirits up ... who knows what’s going on ?! 

Lionel Richie was v much in the area to play in 2020. I feel almost certain he was guesting with Diana Ross.

Or every week they’re going to post a snippet of an act; as exactly a week ago they randomly posted Lionel Ritchie. If we want to go down that road Lionel and Dua are our two headliners currently. 

But, I imagine it’s the only thing we’ll be getting to dissect until at least mid-Feb so feast away.

5 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Or every week they’re going to post a snippet of an act; as exactly a week ago they randomly posted Lionel Ritchie. If we want to go down that road Lionel and Dua are our two headliners currently. 

But, I imagine it’s the only thing we’ll be getting to dissect until at least mid-Feb so feast away.

Lionel Richie is playing Bristol the week before the festival and was announced last week. 

4 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

Lionel Richie is playing Bristol the week before the festival and was announced last week. 

But doesn’t mean he’s going to turn up. 

Personally, I enjoyed Lionel that much I would love to have him back as a headliner. But I think it would detract from the performance the other year.

I can’t imagine the festival would upload a clip for someone who may have guested with Diana. If so, we’re probably due about 6 different Coldplay clips for all of Chris Martin’s cameo’s he’s planning.

5 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

But doesn’t mean he’s going to turn up. 

Personally, I enjoyed Lionel that much I would love to have him back as a headliner. But I think it would detract from the performance the other year.

I can’t imagine the festival would upload a clip for someone who may have guested with Diana. If so, we’re probably due about 6 different Coldplay clips for all of Chris Martin’s cameo’s he’s planning.

I don’t think he’s headlining at all, but considering he’s in the area (and people will have dropped out) there’s a decent chance he could be on the bill. Dua Lipa probably is too.

So it’s not that odd to think the festival are posting these clips for a reason. 

9 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

I don’t think he’s headlining at all, but considering he’s in the area (and people will have dropped out) there’s a decent chance he could be on the bill. Dua Lipa probably is too.

So it’s not that odd to think the festival are posting these clips for a reason. 

In 2022....

11 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Would just be such a shame if Taylor doesn't headline next year. Sure she might come back in 2022, but who knows what she'll be up to then? Want to see her off the back off these two albums

If she'd headlined in 2020, it would have been off the back of neither of those albums and still probably good.

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Would just be such a shame if Taylor doesn't headline next year. Sure she might come back in 2022, but who knows what she'll be up to then? Want to see her off the back off these two albums

Trying to keep the faith but there doesn’t feel any momentum behind Taylor playing 😞 Hope I’m wrong but signs are starting to point to Dua, and unless they’ve gone for two female headliners that probably rules out Taylor. Hell, maybe now Taylor is an indie darling the festival will think there won’t be as much of a backlash in the sense it’s two pop stars? But I’m rapidly losing hope.