2021 Headliners

Just now, Suprefan said:

Its certainly going to set up a surprise taylor set along with a headline spot whenever she gets back. Nobody think she wouldnt just pop up in like the forest stage next to john peel where they do Shakespeare? 

I can totally see her doing a surprise set if she doesn’t play officially in 2021. The new records lend themselves to a solo secret set and she’s willing to go outside of the box at the minute. Secret set in 2021 and headline gig in 2022 could easily be on the cards. 

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Its certainly going to set up a surprise taylor set along with a headline spot whenever she gets back. Nobody think she wouldnt just pop up in like the forest stage next to john peel where they do Shakespeare? 

Is there a local glue shortage where you are? Because you must have gone done drank the lot.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Like 1

Credit to @henry bear for posting this in the 'Will The Festival Go Ahead' thread, but relevant for in here to I think, particularly this bit:

This summer, we should have seen Kendrick Lamar, Paul McCartney and Taylor Swift headlining the Pyramid Stage - what are the chances that they'll come back for 2021?

Well, I certainly hope they'll be coming at some point! Again, it's much too soon for us to be able to confirm line-up for 2021, but we were so pleased with our line-up for 2020 and I really hope all three of those headliners will be here at the farm before too long.

Edit (forgot the link) - https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-55315202

Edited by SwedgeAntilles

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Credit to @henry bear for posting this in the 'Will The Festival Go Ahead' thread, but relevant for in here to I think, particularly this bit:

This summer, we should have seen Kendrick Lamar, Paul McCartney and Taylor Swift headlining the Pyramid Stage - what are the chances that they'll come back for 2021?

Well, I certainly hope they'll be coming at some point! Again, it's much too soon for us to be able to confirm line-up for 2021, but we were so pleased with our line-up for 2020 and I really hope all three of those headliners will be here at the farm before too long.

Edit (forgot the link) - https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-55315202

She’s giving away absolutely nothing there. 😆

Aye, nothing to read in to there. I would say it’s good news that she didn’t rule any of them out for 2021, but I think she’s just more focussed on giving nothing away. Cards being kept very close to her chest.

I do think there’s a good chance they haven’t actually fully signed up their headliners though. Just a hunch. Also not sure we’ll get anything lineup wise for quite a while!

11 minutes ago, jparx said:

Aye, nothing to read in to there. I would say it’s good news that she didn’t rule any of them out for 2021, but I think she’s just more focussed on giving nothing away. Cards being kept very close to her chest.

I do think there’s a good chance they haven’t actually fully signed up their headliners though. Just a hunch. Also not sure we’ll get anything lineup wise for quite a while!

Mentioned this point in the other thread but that's what I took from it too. Zero chance of any line-up announcements until they're confident it'll go ahead this time around.

9 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Mentioned this point in the other thread but that's what I took from it too. Zero chance of any line-up announcements until they're confident it'll go ahead this time around.

They're in a fortunate position on this compared with most festivals in that it's already sold out. I'd imagine if you still have tickets to shift you would need to push the line-up regardless of whether you think it can definitely go ahead.

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

They're in a fortunate position on this compared with most festivals in that it's already sold out. I'd imagine if you still have tickets to shift you would need to push the line-up regardless of whether you think it can definitely go ahead.

Definitely, I think that's exactly what most of the European festivals have been doing. I've got a ticket for Primavera which I'm even less confident about going ahead given it's a couple of weeks before Glastonbury, but they announced they'd rolled over the majority of their line up months ago. Just a punt from them to keep the lights on I think. 

I imagine it was extremely gutting for them to announce and cancel within two (or was it three weeks?). Especially when it created such hype, I’m sure they don’t want to fall foul of that again. So I think we’ll be waiting until after they confirm it’s happening before we know for sure who they’ve rebooked.

It’s going to create an extreme anomaly for the thingy on lineup announcement day. Think we’re looking at not knowing until after balance payments, just to attempt to cull some numbers.

On 12/15/2020 at 7:40 PM, Andy0808 v5 said:

But doesn’t mean he’s going to turn up. 

Personally, I enjoyed Lionel that much I would love to have him back as a headliner. But I think it would detract from the performance the other year.

I can’t imagine the festival would upload a clip for someone who may have guested with Diana. If so, we’re probably due about 6 different Coldplay clips for all of Chris Martin’s cameo’s he’s planning.

Look what you've started...

• Like 1

Can't be certain but the word around here is they cancelled an Ed Sheeran appearance here - in a year that he was playing a headline set on the Pyramid Stage - because word had already started circulating and they were worried about the outcome

Croissant Neuf stage line-up revealed for Glastonbury Festival -  eFestivals.co.uk

So I will take it that they're not going to have Taylor Swift play a replacement set for her Pyramid appearance here

ATMOS-Jenna-Foxton-NME-GLASTO2019-13614.jpg