2021 Headliners

2 hours ago, priest17 said:

I thought he sacked off the rock album

Kendrick fans in 2019: "omg he's doing a rock album"

Kendrick fans in 2020: "omg not anymore he's now doing a BLM album"

Kendrick fans in 2021: "omg hyperpop album"

Kendrick Lamar new single in 2022: "(ayy) all you rappers are fake" feat. Pharrell (produced by Sounwave)

Edited by dentalplan

6 minutes ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

With it being a new year and all. Why don't we discuss the notion of new headliners that we would like to see for Glastonbury?

Ah go on as it’s the new year and they haven’t been mentioned and it always gets discussion going .... 3 for me would be Oasis , REM and Elton John ...  as for the chances of any of them ...?! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

With it being a new year and all. Why don't we discuss the notion of new headliners that we would like to see for Glastonbury?

The pandemic has messed things up because they are going to be playing catch-up a lot if they can’t go ahead in 2021.

My guess is that Billie Eilish, Dua Lipa, Ariana Grande are three artists I can see headlining the next time they tour / have a release / play festivals. Not sure which order it will go but I will take a punt that Billie could be in the frame for 2022 (if the festival goes ahead in 2021) and if she releases an album later in 2021. Dua will headline on her next album, and Ariana could headline whenever really.

I reckon Dave will get snapped up by R&L first, and is probably quite low in priority due to his hiatus and the pandemic. I also think George Ezra / Lewis Capaldi’s chances have been lowered. I honestly think they could get Ezra back to sub again if he desperately wanted to play.

Idles will headline the other stage some point soon.

22 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Kendrick fans in 2019: "omg he's doing a rock album"

Kendrick fans in 2020: "omg not anymore he's now doing a BLM album"

Kendrick fans in 2021: "omg hyperpop album"

Kendrick Lamar new single in 2022: "(ayy) all you rappers are fake" feat. Pharrell (produced by Sounwave)

Y’all gonna lose it when he drops his album of Christmas classics in July.

43 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Album maybe wasn't as well received critically but it was one of the best selling of the year and they sold out a pretty sizeable tour too (during a pandemic)

Album after the big breakthrough though, innit. Most of those tour sales (and album sales, judging by the three weeks they spent on the chart) were before the album had even come out. When it was released it was panned, and I can't see the numbers sustaining for album four.

They'll get the biggest slots of their career on this album for sure but it's gonna be downhill after that.

I think they could headline the Other Stage going off their recent success but they're not really the type of act for that slot so I'm expecting them to sub it.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Album after the big breakthrough though, innit. Most of those tour sales (and album sales, judging by the three weeks they spent on the chart) were before the album had even come out. When it was released it was panned, and I can't see the numbers sustaining for album four.

They'll get the biggest slots of their career on this album for sure but it's gonna be downhill after that.

I think they could headline the Other Stage going off their recent success but they're not really the type of act for that slot so I'm expecting them to sub it.

It's still got a pretty solid Metacritic and ADM score so even then I don't think it was quite universally panned (I thought it was shite tbh). I think they've built up a pretty sizeable cult following (AF GANG!!) that they'll sustain for a fair while, high up the other seems about right but I don't think they'd look out of place headlining it.

Edited by Mouseboy11

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Panned is harsh Dental. Careful or they'll make an account on here and set u straight 

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Have always wondered who the 2021 headliners would have been if 2020 had happened. They said two have never headlined before, right?

I remember thinking it’d be something like The 1975, Beyoncé & Elton John.