2021 Headliners

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

It would be an hour and a half of Shoot the Runner with Serge. Nah seriously though, I’m currently not so sure they will. The band seem to be against Tom now and for good reason from the statement I reckon it’ll be longer than three years for Serge to give him a chance. What he’s done with regards to the band is spoil what they’ve worked up and the reputation has been tarnished because of his actions, Serge will understandably be fuming and the band must be disgusted, especially when starting an album. 

They are a great band, glad I saw them and gutted they may not perform together again. But you can’t do what he’s done and get your privileges back and I don’t care if others have it’s time to set a precedent doing things like that are not okay and if you can’t get your job back in professions and in the ‘real world’ then why should he. Kasabian were one of the first bands I saw and for him to do this is gutting. I would see Kasabian without Tom as they’ll need support. 

i feel awful for the kid enduring what they saw and his wife being beaten. Alcohol and depression is no excuse and he needs servere help to get his life back on track and for it to never happen again. 

I'm not saying what he did was ok.. at all. And I proper don't wanna get into all that again

All I'm saying is, to see Kasabian live without Tom wouldn't be the same.. it wouldn't be Kasabian that's all :) 

1 minute ago, Wellyboot said:

I'm not saying what he did was ok.. at all. And I proper don't wanna get into all that again

All I'm saying is, to see Kasabian live without Tom wouldn't be the same.. it wouldn't be Kasabian that's all :) 

Oh I know your not, that was my little essay on the topic.

no it wouldn’t, Tom really is the main part of Kasabian 

image.jpeg.cc0138b84ba4913d73ab123cdb20a161.jpeg

“Others [2020 names] that still can’t be shared.” 🤞 Taylor and they’re waiting for her to fully re-announce 2021 European tour. Could mean Billie too. Mad Cool tend to not be very coy on twitter so hopefully we get a “just be patient 😉” type reply to questions about Tay.

2 hours ago, Northern Jack said:

I'm WFH and decided to procrastinate for half an hour and have a leisurely read of the forum; got a bit more than I bargained for! 

I think we can all agree that domestic abuse = bad and that listening to indie bands doesn't necessarily = dark fruits guzzling wife beater. 

There's an incredibly snobby attitude towards mainstream indie music on this forum. Anyone who isn't a fan of boring soulless pop music or the latest flavour of the month rapper but might be into bands like Kasabian or Oasis or Arctic Monkeys is automatically a gammon who drinks Dark Fruits and is so un-woke. Not surprised that I've seen claims that the genre of music perpetuates domestic abuse.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

“Others [2020 names] that still can’t be shared.” 🤞 Taylor and they’re waiting for her to fully re-announce 2021 European tour. Could mean Billie too. Mad Cool tend to not be very coy on twitter so hopefully we get a “just be patient 😉” type reply to questions about Tay.

This gives me a lot of hope we'll be seeing a good mix of new and old acts at all festivals next year, I ideally would want to see a mix out there instead of a complete copy and paste e.g. TRNSMT

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Back to the more pleasant topic of Musical Theatre on the Pyramid Stage I actually think there are a few candidates that would be great for an opener or mid-afternoon but not convinced it's headliner material. I've been dreaming of Tim Minchin on the Pyramid Stage on his own for years but I'd accept him doing some of his musical numbers with some of his comedy songs thrown in. 

I'v not watched Hamilton yet but it's on my list (back to me always being behind the curve here!!) I did see Book Of Mormon last year and hugely enjoyed that! 

Well that was quite a thread to get through.

I'm very much in favour of musicals at Glasto. They've had opera and ballet on the pyramid, so I'm thinking the 1st half of Hamilton opening the stage on Saturday, 2nd half Sunday. Maybe it would have to wait until there's a touring production doing the rounds (although as a Lin-Manuel fangirl I'd accept original Broadway cast!).

If you haven't seen Hamilton yet, it's on Disney+ now. Not quite the same as going to the theatre, but who knows when that's going to happen again 😢

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I won’t be hypocritical enough to say I’ve never had a dig at him, but today for example I was trying to get him to see the argument beyond the emotional. Saying “he should never work again” is the emotional response but it’s not how society functions. It’s the jumping to extremes that annoys me - if you don’t like Billie Eilish then you’re indie lad Luddite for example.

That’s why I don’t respond to him. He’s like me when I was 18-convinced Music starts and ends with his taste and utterly condescending towards those who don’t share that taste (there’s more of that on this Forum generally than when I started posting many, many years ago but that’s another issue). I know how annoying that is so I can understand why he gets a bit of grief, even if I myself just opt to ignore it.

However comparing what Meighan did, as despicable as it is, to what Watkins did, is weapons grade stupid.

10 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Let’s hope some of the announcements from Mad Cool help us with figuring out Glastonbury.

Can we stop all this bickering it’s boring, especially on a headliner thread. Get on with predicting the stages and talking about advancements. 

Desperately trying 😂

I think Mad Cool will announce most of the 2020 headliners bar Taylor and Billie. I think most of the other big acts on the bill are already confirmed to be doing 2021 shows.

If they announce all of the 2020 headliners bar those two, and a couple new ones, we may be able to assume Taylor and/or Billie aren’t doing it.

Edited by jparx

57 minutes ago, jparx said:

Others that WERE NOT PART of 2020 as far as I can read. That's important as Taylor was part of 2020.

Edited by AlexOvd