Oasis 2021?

blutarsky

17 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The Glastonbury money doesn’t need to be right if they’ve got a string of high-paying gigs in the same summer. This is obviously a sticking point for acts who don’t care for the glory of doing Glastonbury but these guys do.

They would work with the same promoters who they’ve been doing their solo ventures with, and it’s clear that there’s no saturation point so there’s no reason one would think doing Glasto would torpedo their own sales.

I’d imagine their comeback to be similar to the Roses - a few huge triumphant gigs on home turf (Heaton or Etihad) the first year before more dates and a festival or two the following year.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’d imagine their comeback to be similar to the Roses - a few huge triumphant gigs on home turf (Heaton or Etihad) the first year before more dates and a festival or two the following year.

Hmm I would agree with you but Liam is managing to play so many dates that should in theory seriously impact other ticket sales.

I think they could do three nights at Heaton Park, Wembley Stadium and Glastonbury all in the same year. Honestly. They would pull significantly larger numbers than the roses.

19 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Hmm I would agree with you but Liam is managing to play so many dates that should in theory seriously impact other ticket sales.

I think they could do three nights at Heaton Park, Wembley Stadium and Glastonbury all in the same year. Honestly. They would pull significantly larger numbers than the roses.

Three nights at Glastonbury would be a hoot. :D

4 hours ago, eastynh said:

They are bigger than the Cure in this country by every conceivable metric you can think of. Record sales, top 10 hits, no 1 albums, absolutely everything. They sold out West Hams stadium last year. They are far bigger than Florence and the Machine, Stormzy, Kendrick Lamar,, Arcade Fire, Kasabian, , Mumford & Sons and are bigger than the cure, all those have headlined Glastonbury recently. 

I'd say (as someone who likes them) you'd have three songs that the general festival crowd would know and that's it. Much as I hate to admit it, they're not bigger than Mumford. They were the biggest band in the world for a while. DM have never been. Probably not bigger than Kendrick either (or won't be by the time he's done). They're no bigger than Arcade Fire and in the UK Kasabian would sell as much too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Even if Oasis were to reform in 2021, which they won’t, they wouldn’t play Glastonbury until after the highly lucrative gigs anyway so 22 or even 23 would be more likely.

An Oasis reunion would sell out their own dates even if Glastonbury was announced too. Ticket demand would be huge. 

15 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

An Oasis reunion would sell out their own dates even if Glastonbury was announced too. Ticket demand would be huge. 

Exactly this - also i don't think either Gallagher has any worries with money - they would be doing it as a favour to the other members really. I think if they do it then they will play iconic venues like Knebworth and Glastonbury as well as stadiums.

• Like 1

I think it would be hugely positive if they did. 
Sure they don’t really need the money but there is obviously a desire from Liam and Noel for them to do it otherwise these stories wouldn’t keep surfacing.

As someone else said there’s a whole generation growing up who’ve never had the opportunity to see Oasis live. I’m 32 and I’m in that camp. Despite that lots of people a lot younger than me are really familiar with Oasis songs and play them regularly. I’ve seen 30 odd 13-year-olds singing along to Wonderwall and don’t look back in anger. I’ve no doubt that if Oasis headlined it would be massively popular with an enormous crowd singing along to every word. 

I am very sceptical that it will happen but if it did I’d be there in a flash. 

7 hours ago, strummer77 said:

Of course, they could sell ten nights at Wembley tomorrow if they wanted to. My point remains, and not knowing the Gallaghers personally this is only speculation, that if they were to reform they’d do their own big statement gigs before tackling the festivals.

If the talk was about them reforming for 2020, the 50th, then it might have more credence but I doubt they’ll be getting the band back together just to play a “regular” year at Glastonbury.

Worth remembering that LG desperately hints at an Oasis reunion every few months anyway. I don’t think he has too much say in it all really.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, gfa said:

Exactly this - also i don't think either Gallagher has any worries with money - they would be doing it as a favour to the other members really.

This is the really interesting(?) point. Who get the gig(s)?

Liam has Bonehead back on board, but Noel tours with Gem Archer and Chris Sharrock.

Given that Guigsy shows no interest in it, and I guess Andy Bell has probably 'done' Ride now I guess we'd get a late day Oasis with Bonehead?

19 minutes ago, ClementsMike said:

This is the really interesting(?) point. Who get the gig(s)?

Liam has Bonehead back on board, but Noel tours with Gem Archer and Chris Sharrock.

Given that Guigsy shows no interest in it, and I guess Andy Bell has probably 'done' Ride now I guess we'd get a late day Oasis with Bonehead?

Obviously you want the two Gallaghers in there, but beyond that I personally won't be happy to buy a reunion ticket unless it's guaranteed that every other person who has ever been in Oasis will be on the stage, at the same time.

It's the only way they'll be able to do justice to *checks wiki* 'Don't Believe The Truth'?

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Four different drummers but they're only given one kit to play on and so have to have a battle royale over it.

Only on condition it's that drum kit from the Be Here Now tour that was meant to look like a Rolls Royce, and the three not drumming can sit there like passengers in a car.