John peel 2020 acts

OllieR

13 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Why the sudden suggestions for Bombay BC?

Their first album is absolutely phenomenal. Don't know a huge amount about the others - has their most recent stuff been a success?

Headlined Wilderness this year after some time away, they were very good.

I have fond memories of watching this at my first Glasto. The heat, drinks, tunes & the samba dancers. Would be a welcome return but I think they would be better suited to one of the bigger stages.

Edited by Bisque

2 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Their first album is absolutely phenomenal. Don't know a huge amount about the others - has their most recent stuff been a success?

Yep, veered pleasantly into some ace use of samples. They love the festival, played twice in 2014 before their hiatus, new album out in January.

Got a text from SecretGlasto while recovering at our tents on Saturday morning/afternoon that they were doing the BBC Introducing slot, good memories of slip-sliding giddily through the paths down, and shed some good tears during this:

But then they were great to bliss out to in their main daytime Other slot. I just hope they play really!

Edited by Simpo
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, priest17 said:

Yeah I think that about too many acts these days though ahah, have to throw the tent a bone.

More interested in Bill's Green these days, last years line up trumped Peel's throughout.

Agreed. WG line up was phenomenal this year. Better at being The Park than The Park was. 

10 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Their latest song is an absolute banger, enjoy. Saw them at the Islington show recently, they were on top form. I think they're nailed on to play somewhere, hope it's early evening Other rather than headlining JP.

2 minutes ago, ClementsMike said:

Possibly, I just thought the return of them was 'similar' to The Streets who headlined there. Id rather they played the big one.

They've definitely got more recognisable tunes that suit a Pyramid crowd that The Streets, I'm thinking a similar slot to Madness in 2016. Purely guesswork though.