Paul McCartney

Demarcation

All things must pass 👍  i always had George down as my favourite Beatle, cos being in a band while Lennon and McCartney are writing ridiculous bangers three times a day while you're trying to write your own songs must've been ridiculously frustrating 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

All things must pass 👍  i always had George down as my favourite Beatle, cos being in a band while Lennon and McCartney are writing ridiculous bangers three times a day while you're trying to write your own songs must've been ridiculously frustrating 

This is the one. I can’t get tired of this album. But I was meaning McCartney albums. 

1 minute ago, PassingCloud said:

This is the one. I can’t get tired of this album. But I was meaning McCartney albums. 

😄 its my fave post-beatles album by a Beatle! In terms of Macca albums, i think Flaming Pie is actually pretty decent. i've barely ever listened to any of the 80's stuff, cos of the hideous production - but Flaming Pie came out right in the middle of britpop and i listened to it a fair bit and it still stands up really well, too. Bet i'm the only person who picks it!

5 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

😄 its my fave post-beatles album by a Beatle! In terms of Macca albums, i think Flaming Pie is actually pretty decent. i've barely ever listened to any of the 80's stuff, cos of the hideous production - but Flaming Pie came out right in the middle of britpop and i listened to it a fair bit and it still stands up really well, too. Bet i'm the only person who picks it!

Mmmm pie

58 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I decided based on the above to play this as working background music right now. Turns out it's very good for my brain performance!

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I love Flaming Pie. 
I’m not sure why I asked this question to be honest, there’s rarely an outright fave for me. 
I like ‘Back to the Egg’. 

Macca - Ram, Band on the Run, Macca 2, Tug of War, Flaming Pie, Chaos and Creation, Electric Arguments

Lennon - Plastic Ono, Imagine and Mind Games at a push. Nearly everything else is lazy dogshit. 

Harrison - All Things, Material World

Ringo - Ringo

Pete Best - Best of the Beatles

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

i always had George down as my favourite Beatle, cos being in a band while Lennon and McCartney are writing ridiculous bangers three times a day while you're trying to write your own songs must've been ridiculously frustrating 

And he still managed to write the outright best Beatles song.

Edited by incident

6 hours ago, PassingCloud said:

There’s been discussion of the best Beatles album….what’s your favourite post-Beatles album? 
(I’m sure it’s been discussed already, but I can’t look through that lot!)

McCartney - Band on the Run.  By a mile.

All Beatles?  Probably still this but maybe All Things.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GlastoEls said:

Was reading that earlier, yes - good to get an insider’s view. I hadn’t seen any of the Sunday papers’ reviews of the show. Seem to be overwhelmingly positive, and BBC’s highest ever Glasto viewing figures, which no doubt was helped by switching it to BBC1, but great all the same.
I’ve had a few people say to me prior to the festival that they wouldn’t have watched Macca had they been going, but having watched it on TV were completely blown away. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, henry bear said:

I’ve had a few people say to me prior to the festival that they wouldn’t have watched Macca had they been going, but having watched it on TV were completely blown away. 

I've had two reports from people who saw it, one who was there, one who watched it on TV. Both said it was boring.

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

I've had two reports from people who saw it, one who was there, one who watched it on TV. Both said it was boring.

make that three. the band were crap too. even worse with the extras.