Paul McCartney

Demarcation

Watched it again last night and it is amazing. I watched it from the top of the hill so missed out a lot on what he was saying. His voice sounds really good on the tv to.

One thing I noticed was I don't understand when a flare goes off in the crowd the camera man zoom in on it and show it on the screens at the festival and on TV. This isn't going to stop them coming in but encourage people to bring them in. Football have stopped showing streekers on the pitch so they don't get the attention they want, maybe Glastonbury should follow suit 

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure I'm ready to watch the full set back just yet so I've just started dipping in and out

Just watched 'I've got a feeling'.  I remember him dying like it was yesterday... pretty sure it was a Tuesday morning when the news broke over here. The milkman knocked to tell my mum knowing she was a big fan. My 7 year old self was allowed the day off school and we laid in bed all morning singing 'Give Peace a Chance' 

Think I need a lie down now - it's all a bit too emotional

Oh... and Abbey Road. Always Abbey Road 

5 hours ago, Quark said:

It's got some nonsense on it and side 2 is instrumental soundtrack

George Martin re did some of it on the In My Life album. Kinda sounds like the soundtrack to a first person shooter at times but jams at times too

Jim Carrey on that album aswell.

40 minutes ago, The Nal said:

George Martin re did some of it on the In My Life album. Kinda sounds like the soundtrack to a first person shooter at times but jams at times too

Jim Carrey on that album aswell.

Haven't listened to that album for donkey's years.  It was always a toss up between this and Billy Connolly doing Mr Kite for me

19 hours ago, Pinhead said:

I think he meant vibrato rather than vibrator. Much mirth was had in the Piano Bar later about this error...

He said vibrator arm (I’m pretty sure). There was plenty of guffawing around us, but mainly from the pricks that were only there so they could say ‘I was there’. Either that or they had inside knowledge that DG was going to show, because they went fuckin’ bananas for that shit. 

2 hours ago, Digi said:

I'm not sure I'm ready to watch the full set back just yet so I've just started dipping in and out

Just watched 'I've got a feeling'.  I remember him dying like it was yesterday... pretty sure it was a Tuesday morning when the news broke over here. The milkman knocked to tell my mum knowing she was a big fan. My 7 year old self was allowed the day off school and we laid in bed all morning singing 'Give Peace a Chance' 

Think I need a lie down now - it's all a bit too emotional

Oh... and Abbey Road. Always Abbey Road 

Just be aware that it’s all only on iplayer for another couple of weeks or so, unless you copy it. 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2022 at 12:26 AM, Lushroom said:

This was the most age-diverse set I went to all festival, understandably.

As we had the oldest AND youngest headliners (80/20) Who can lay claim (or knows someone that can) to the oldest/youngest person at McCartney's set (or watching at home?)

Also fascinated by what that means in Beatles/Macca's history.

I was born 13 years after John Lennon was killed, so seeing *The Beatles* was obviously not a possibility, but I was brought up on them by my now nearly 70 year old dad.

Did anyone at his set see the actual Beatles? What was it like seeing both ends of such an incredible musical story?!

Great post.

1 hour ago, PassingCloud said:

Just be aware that it’s all only on iplayer for another couple of weeks or so, unless you copy it. 

Thanks for the heads up 🙂 I might put my big girl pants on and watch tonight... perhaps 🙄

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

Just a note to say if you haven't got Paul nlyrics book yet, get on it. Incredible read.

Yep been waiting for the price to shift a bit and to have the time to read it. Thought it would be a good read. Worth it then? 
I’ve also just, finally, night that Glastonbury 50 book. 

11 hours ago, PassingCloud said:

Yep been waiting for the price to shift a bit and to have the time to read it. Thought it would be a good read. Worth it then? 
I’ve also just, finally, night that Glastonbury 50 book. 

Yep its really good. Kinda like Revolution in the Head in style, but written by the man himself. 

On 7/3/2022 at 12:26 AM, Lushroom said:

This was the most age-diverse set I went to all festival, understandably.

As we had the oldest AND youngest headliners (80/20) Who can lay claim (or knows someone that can) to the oldest/youngest person at McCartney's set (or watching at home?)

Also fascinated by what that means in Beatles/Macca's history.

I was born 13 years after John Lennon was killed, so seeing *The Beatles* was obviously not a possibility, but I was brought up on them by my now nearly 70 year old dad.

Did anyone at his set see the actual Beatles? What was it like seeing both ends of such an incredible musical story?!

That would be cool but a long shot. My Mum did, Manchester Apollo in 1966. The support? The Beach Boys.

1 hour ago, MEGABOWL said:

That would be cool but a long shot. My Mum did, Manchester Apollo in 1966. The support? The Beach Boys.

Wow.  That must have been incredible.

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Wow.  That must have been incredible.

59 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I don't know that they were back then. My Mother in law went to see The Beatles and said you couldn't hear them for screaming. 

My Mum verifies that statement, but then she was 14 and one of those screaming 😁

She always wins any game of best gig Top Trumps though. No point even contesting it. I suspect I’ll be the same when I’m 70-‘well I was at the McCartney Glastonbury gig where Grohl and Springsteen etc’ 

1 minute ago, MEGABOWL said:

My Mum verifies that statement, but then she was 14 and one of those screaming 😁

She always wins any game of best gig Top Trumps though. No point even contesting it. I suspect I’ll be the same when I’m 70-‘well I was at the McCartney Glastonbury gig where Grohl and Springsteen etc’ 

Best line up for a gig maybe but not best gig. It's not a best gig when you can't hear the artists perform. I think you have the edge on her now because you could hear Macca.