Jump to content
RarerThanDandyB

Green Day (Hella Mega Tour - Potential Glasto Slot?)

Recommended Posts

Green Day are meant to be announcing a world stadium tour with Fall Out Boy and Weezer (London date rumoured to be 26th June at London Stadium). If the rumoured date is correct then after Billie going to Glastonbury this year then I could see them turning up in some form. I know Michael banned punk but he may of decided that was a stupid thing to do. 

What an amazing gig it would be but also Green Day playing a secret set or turning up on the farm would be sensational and they would smash it. Not for everyone but it looks like it could happen more so now. 

Heres the links of the rumours and why it looks pretty likely. They are meant to be releasing a single on the 10th September so a tour announcement if true shouldn't be far off. If I don't get Glastonbury tickets, this will be a brilliant gig to make me feel a tad better. Maybe a Fall Out Boy slot also?

https://musicmayhemmagazine.com/green-day-weezer-and-fall-out-boy-tour-coming-soon/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since when has Michael banned punk? There have been a few punk acts on in recent years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Green Day rumours are true, now would be the ideal time to ban punk.  Or whatever the music they make these days is.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Since when has Michael banned punk? There have been a few punk acts on in recent years.

I heard a few people say on here acts like Green Day they didn’t really like. Don’t know it’s American Punk or Punk in general. People asked about Green Day before and apparently Michael didn’t really like them. 

13 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

If the Green Day rumours are true, now would be the ideal time to ban punk.  Or whatever the music they make these days is.

Fair enough 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd take Weezer too! They were around last summer though and didn't play so I don't hold much hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weezer have no excuse to miss Glasto this year then.

I guess it takes both of them out of the Friday rock slot contention though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Green Day are punk yer man says 😂

Get Fall Out Boy on the Pyramid if they agree to play nothing off the last album yessir. I had their Reading 2016 set on just this Thursday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Green Day are punk yer man says 😂

Get Fall Out Boy on the Pyramid if they agree to play nothing off the last album yessir. I had their Reading 2016 set on just this Thursday.

I think Fall Out Boy are a the only band I’d beg not to be there.

Never liked them throughout their career. To me their entire discography is completely unlistenable.

Highly doubt they will ever be booked too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw Green Day loads of times when I was younger and they were always an absolute riot, I’d live to see Weezer too, not too bothered about Fall Out Boy, would be a nice booking. Other headliner? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Green Day are meant to be announcing a world stadium tour with Fall Out Boy and Weezer (London date rumoured to be 26th June at London Stadium). If the rumoured date is correct then after Billie going to Glastonbury this year then I could see them turning up in some form. I know Michael banned punk but he may of decided that was a stupid thing to do. 

What an amazing gig it would be but also Green Day playing a secret set or turning up on the farm would be sensational and they would smash it. Not for everyone but it looks like it could happen more so now. 

Heres the links of the rumours and why it looks pretty likely. They are meant to be releasing a single on the 10th September so a tour announcement if true shouldn't be far off. If I don't get Glastonbury tickets, this will be a brilliant gig to make me feel a tad better. Maybe a Fall Out Boy slot also?

https://musicmayhemmagazine.com/green-day-weezer-and-fall-out-boy-tour-coming-soon/

Since when has punk been banned, The Damned were there this year & you don't get much more punk than that, 2017 Dead Kennedys played & there has been plenty of others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jimbo68 said:

Since when has punk been banned, The Damned were there this year & you don't get much more punk than that, 2017 Dead Kennedys played & there has been plenty of others.

As I said above, people have posed Green Day before and someone stated that Michael didn't like it. Maybe not an actual ban but those sorts of bands not being booked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be a mammoth gig if it happened. Would expect Weezer to get a decent time even if they're bottom of the pile, then 75 minutes for Fall Out Boy and it's unlike Green Day to play for anything less than 2 hours. London Stadium had some of the best sound I've heard at a gig so it'd be a shame if this fell during Glastonbury. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greenday were quite literally the band of my youth.

I'd be absolutely over the moon if this happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Green Day are punk yer man says 😂

Get Fall Out Boy on the Pyramid if they agree to play nothing off the last album yessir. I had their Reading 2016 set on just this Thursday.

If they agree to play nothing off the last too it would be okay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only problem with Green Day is I absolutely hate their newer stuff. I know if I ever saw them live they would pad their set out with so much crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was lucky enough to see Green Day at Reading 2012. It was a secret set in the NME stage at 11am. One of the best concerts I've ever seen and I'll always remember it. I'd also be very excited if they played Glasto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I loved Green Day at T in the Park 2005, and I thought their last album Revolution Radio was a decent return to form. I'd be up for seeing them.

At the very least it sets up Hobo Jones nicely for their annual version of one of the headliner's songs: American Idiot. Maybe they can get Billie Joe to join in...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The only problem with Green Day is I absolutely hate their newer stuff. I know if I ever saw them live they would pad their set out with so much crap.

I think you'd be absolutely fine. They almost always hit 27+ songs, and they don't shy away from the older tunes at all. Last time I caught them there was just 6/29 from Revolution Radio, 0 from ¡Uno!, ¡Dos!, ¡Tré! (understandably), and just 1 from 21st Century Breakdown. Everything else is American Idiot or earlier. Plenty of coverage of the older ones. I can only see Bang Bang & Still Breathing sticking around for their next tour.

Screenshot 2019-09-09 at 10.45.22.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

I think you'd be absolutely fine. They almost always hit 27+ songs, and they don't shy away from the older tunes at all. Last time I caught them there was just 6/29 from Revolution Radio, 0 from ¡Uno!, ¡Dos!, ¡Tré! (understandably), and just 1 from 21st Century Breakdown. Everything else is American Idiot or earlier. Plenty of coverage of the older ones. I can only see Bang Bang & Still Breathing sticking around for their next tour.

Screenshot 2019-09-09 at 10.45.22.png

How do they do more Revolution Radio than Dookie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

How do they do more Revolution Radio than Dookie

Because that was the album they were touring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really wanna go but hope it's not Glastonbury weekend (unless i'm watching these bands AT glastonbury)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

How do they do more Revolution Radio than Dookie

The last couple of time I've seen they have played Welcome to Paradise too

As big as touring with Fallout Boy and Weezer are (I wish Fallout Boy were on before Weezer so if I go I could just skip them) their Hyde Park shows had such a better line up. A full day of Gogol Bordello, Stiff Little Fingers, The Damned, The Hives and Rancid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...