Green Day (Hella Mega Tour - Potential Glasto Slot?)

RarerThanDandyB

1 hour ago, 1986 said:

If this were to come to Glasto have there been any other examples where a massive 3 bands touring together have integrated into the festival on their off day? Or are people only speculating about Green Day?

Everyone has pretty much accepted it's not happening as the logistics aren't gonna work but people want to talk about the tour and argue over Green Day playing anyway though with side talk of a holiday in LA.

• Upvote 1

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 1:46 PM, henry bear said:

Cheers WFD, looking forward to being at the Dodger Stadium more than watching the bands. We’re staying in West Hollywood so the likes of the Whiskey will be a short walk away. 

This thread prompted me to put two and two together and check the US dates, as we are elsewhere in America on holiday next year and one of the dates landed perfectly for our schedule so I've gone for it as well - think I paid $64 each for the tickets, there was a $34 price bracket but they seemed to be down to single seats by the time I got on to buy (through a presale code found on Twitter) so I went for the next (stadium) level down.  Another thing that seems to be a quirk of American gigs - I got a hotel within walking distance for no more than it would have cost on a night when there is no gig/match on at the stadium - guess so many Americans drive home after gigs and staying over is unusual, and the big gigs don't impact local pricing like they can here.  With the added bonus I can park at the hotel for free and not pay whatever they charge to park at the stadium.