2020 headliners

RustySpanner

EOTR also tweeted the survey link not long ago. I went Sleater-Kinney, Battles and Big Thief (I know they had issues when they played last year but they were far superior at GM)

Are Spoon that level any more? Thinking about who else has never played: Torres (who's due new material soon), Black Belt Eagle Scout, Clinic, Nicole Atkins (about to release an album with Bad Seed Jim Sclavunos), Shana Cleveland/La Luz - also the Mountain Goats haven't been back for a while.

Not especially bothered about the headliners... would probably cast my vote for My Bloody Valentine and Fiona Apple, but both are pretty unlikely. Maybe Ride for the Thursday slot?

Other acts I would love to see:

Songhoy Blues (in the Garden Stage sunset slot)

The Budos Band (would go down a storm)

Tindersticks (favourite band, and they haven't played since 2012)

Ichiko Aoba (as long as the chatterers don't ruin her set)

Khana Bierbood (Go Kurosawa from Kikagaku Moyo could put in a good word)

Xiu Xiu (probably wouldn't scare the kids any more than Gazelle Twin)

Tanya Tagaq (as above)

Robert Forster (seems like an obvious choice, surprised he hasn't played before)

Durand Jones and The Indications (played Green Man this year and would be smashing at EOTR)

Shugo Tokumaru (been requesting him for years - maybe one day!)

Orchestra Baobab

Bombino

Noura Mint Seymali

CHAI

Boogarins

K-X-P

Altin Gün

Föllakzoid

Four Tet was amazing at Green Man, I'd love him at EOTR.

PJ Harvey - although I imagine they try to book her every year.

Idles will no doubt be asked although by then they could probably have retired to their own desert island on the amount they have earned through t-shirt sales alone.

I'd have Oh Sees on the Garden Stage every year if it was my festival.

SFA would be amazing.

My number 1 vote in the survey went to Opeth...and I know it'll never ever ever ever happen, but to see my favourite band at my favourite music festival...I get butterflies just thinking about it.

They don't have to play any heavy stuff (ok maybe Deliverance as an encore) and I really do honestly think they'd go down well.

13 minutes ago, Sean1234321 said:

My number 1 vote in the survey went to Opeth...and I know it'll never ever ever ever happen, but to see my favourite band at my favourite music festival...I get butterflies just thinking about it.

They don't have to play any heavy stuff (ok maybe Deliverance as an encore) and I really do honestly think they'd go down well.

if we're going heavy, I'd love to see Deafheaven, Liturgy or Fucked Up next year

1 hour ago, WM Hall said:

if we're going heavy, I'd love to see Deafheaven, Liturgy or Fucked Up next year

1 hour ago, Sean1234321 said:

Don't know a lot about Liturgy but I could definitely see Deadheaven or Fucked Up played at EOTR.

Opeth probably not as they move in a completely different live circle, but I can dream.

Could definitely see them fitting in perfectly at Eotr 

12 hours ago, benali said:

Forgot to mention Sufjan Stevens. Is 4 years a big enough gap?

I fear we won't see Sufjan again any time soon, he so rarely does festivals, but I would also LOVE this to happen, I saw him three times that week (Edinburgh, London, EOTR) and the End of the Road setting made it even more special.

There are other returnees I'd love, not as headliners per se, but bands who are touring agin after a bit of a hiatus like Efterklang and Explosions in the Sky. Would also be SO KEEN to see Jenny Hval back with her new project. 

Beach House as a Thursday night opener. 

Other people (not sure if any of these have played before...): Holly Herndon, PJ Harvey, John Maus

And... like many many other people, I'm sure... Nick Cave is the ultimate dream headliner for me.

Edited by rararachel

11 hours ago, Sean1234321 said:

Not a metal fan to any degree, but I'd definitely watch Opeth on the main stage. 

We don't need Nick Cave next year, folks, I've been watching him live since 88 and his current festival set is full of dreary fodder (Red Right Hand, Higgs Bosun Blues, Push the Sky Away) - he needs to recharge and come back with a refreshed show. 

4 hours ago, Declan said:

Not a metal fan to any degree, but I'd definitely watch Opeth on the main stage. 

We don't need Nick Cave next year, folks, I've been watching him live since 88 and his current festival set is full of dreary fodder (Red Right Hand, Higgs Bosun Blues, Push the Sky Away) - he needs to recharge and come back with a refreshed show. 

That's one hell of a sizzling take

What I love about this festival is that the lineup always takes me by surprise and I get nowhere near in terms of predictions.

No harm in trying though:

Thurs - Beach House

Fri - Angel Olsen

Sat - Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Sun - Idles

Also wonder if the Pixies are on Simon's radar?

Would also love to see (based on the new albums I have enjoyed this year):

WH Lung, Big Thief, Whitney, Comet is Coming, Modern Nature, Jason Lytle, Marika Hackman, Soft Cavalry, Jane Weaver.

Whatever we get, I know it will be fun...

7 minutes ago, WM Hall said:

I hope you all realise that the headliners will be bog standard like they have been the last few years - IDLES, Father John Misty and Ezra Furman or something unimaginative like that

I'm not sure the festival could cope with that many Idles t-shirts!