dentalplan

2020 Stage Predictions: What do we know? Do we know things?? Let’s find out!

28 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I enjoyed that set, but maybe I just compare it to the god awful Jack White set from the day before. 

I watched the first half, thought it was boring then my missus at the time dragged me off to watch Ellie Goulding. Shame as I really enjoyed El Camino but they just didn't catch me live 

Tool were great at download but can't imagine they would agree to glastonbury. Even if they did I doubt they would agree to it being filmed for BBC, would love to see it happen though

27 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Tool were great at download but can't imagine they would agree to glastonbury. Even if they did I doubt they would agree to it being filmed for BBC, would love to see it happen though

It’s a shame because they are releasing a new album and I’d love to catch them at a festival next summer. I can’t really think where else they could play other than download though! Not really sure if I’d like to fork out money for their own shows 

Just picked up that PP Arnold has a new album out tomorrow, first release since 2017 and first album of new recordings since 1968!. Aside from this being cool on its own, I wonder if the new release and upcoming tour would put her in line for a slot? Obvious would be West Holts, but I reckon a late afternoon Park slot a la Mavis Staples could be an option?  She's played Glastonbury before as part of Roger Waters' backing singers in 2002 and loved it by all accounts.

Spectacularly unlikely, but I reckon it'd be fun!

32 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

After seeing them last weekend, Prophets Of Rage might worl well as an Other stage headliner against an 'old' band.

They were heavily rumoured for 2017 - sure they self confirmed at one point? Obviously didn't make it but I would love them to play!

14 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

After seeing them last weekend, Prophets Of Rage might worl well as an Other stage headliner against an 'old' band.

I don't think The KidsTM  want to hear Prophets of Rage, they effectively are an 'old' band.

48 minutes ago, evannn said:

I don't think The KidsTM  want to hear Prophets of Rage, they effectively are an 'old' band.

Not from where I'm standing :)

If metal as a genre is embraced more and more, would it be better to have a separate area for it like the dance tents or to integrate it everywhere? I'd be for the latter personally.

1 hour ago, 1986 said:

If metal as a genre is embraced more and more, would it be better to have a separate area for it like the dance tents or to integrate it everywhere? I'd be for the latter personally.

Integrate it more across the site imo but keep Earache Express doing their own thing in the SE corner as definitely couldn't have seen Gojira smashing it on the Other compared to how good their Shangri-La set was 

2 hours ago, priest17 said:

give the pyramid to metal.

Turn the whole thing into the set from Maiden's World Slavery tour :D

2 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Can see them very high up on the Other Stage. 

Or sub on the Pyramid.

6 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Or sub on the Pyramid.

I think Other sub but that depends if Michael wants them higher.

7 hours ago, chazwwe said:

2 #2 albums, are they that big?

Sold out Ally Pally and won the Mercury prize, so they’re not small.

Next album will be the barometer for whether they step up a level or not.

Someone had info that Wolf Alice had been offered an Other headline slot for this years festival, I wonder if there was a mix up between that and Pilton Party? Probably not as I'm sure the poster with the info (I can't remember their name now) had a pretty good source for Wolf Alice news but something worth considering.

I mean they could easily play third down. I’m not sure they are gunning for sub size yet?

6 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Sold out Ally Pally and won the Mercury prize, so they’re not small.

Next album will be the barometer for whether they step up a level or not.

Completely agree they're not small but I could name 10 bands that have sold out Ally Pally and wouldn't be anywhere near sub Other, let alone sub the Pyramid. 

Edited by chazwwe

1 hour ago, chazwwe said:

Completely agree they're not small but I could name 10 bands that have sold out Ally Pally and wouldn't be anywhere near sub Other, let alone sub the Pyramid. 

This is a bit like a Sat Night Quiz on the BBC .... I cant resist .... name them :) 

(not that I will know if you are wrong ) 

Edited by crazyfool1

Feels like subs are the hardest to nail down at the moment. I currently have Elbow, Noely G and The Kinks but that seems like a bit of a meh selection. Really struggling to think of good alternatives too (Have Black Keys as a Other headliner, Disclosure would probably work better on Other too, Royal Blood maybe are on the cusp of being big enough?)

5 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Feels like subs are the hardest to nail down at the moment. I currently have Elbow, Noely G and The Kinks but that seems like a bit of a meh selection. Really struggling to think of good alternatives too (Have Black Keys as a Other headliner, Disclosure would probably work better on Other too, Royal Blood maybe are on the cusp of being big enough?)

I reckon Foals and Royal Blood will be taking sub spots in 2020. If Noel G is there then I guess that’s the three I’m predicting.