Jump to content
dentalplan

2020 Stage Predictions: What do we know? Do we know things?? Let’s find out!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

This is a bit like a Sat Night Quiz on the BBC .... I cant resist .... name them :) 

 

(not that I will know if you are wrong ) 

Frank Turner, Idles, Enter Shikari, Bonobo, Dropkick Murphies, Parkway Drive and that's just from the past couple of years. (Idles being upcoming, dropkicks and Frank doing it twice) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I reckon Foals and Royal Blood will be taking sub spots in 2020. If Noel G is there then I guess that’s the three I’m predicting.

 

I feel like if they're both there. 1 of them has to headline the other stage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I reckon Foals and Royal Blood will be taking sub spots in 2020. If Noel G is there then I guess that’s the three I’m predicting.

Starting to agree with dental more, don't see why Foals will be rushing back to fill a sub slot again. Reckon they might do Reading outright instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Frank Turner, Idles, Enter Shikari, Bonobo, Dropkick Murphies, Parkway Drive and that's just from the past couple of years. (Idles being upcoming, dropkicks and Frank doing it twice) 

Conversely LCD sold out Ally Pally and headlined the Other on the same tour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Starting to agree with dental more, don't see why Foals will be rushing back to fill a sub slot again. Reckon they might do Reading outright instead.

You got the wrong guy chief. I think Foals will headline Pyramid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I reckon Foals and Royal Blood will be taking sub spots in 2020. If Noel G is there then I guess that’s the three I’m predicting.

 

I think Royal Blood will headline the Other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had Royal Blood down as a Sunday sub before Elton John (in my mind)

They seem a good fit for that slot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I had Royal Blood down as a Sunday sub before Elton John (in my mind)

They seem a good fit for that slot.

Quite possibly - I think if (a big if) two of the headliners are Fleetwood Mac and Elton John, whoever headlines the Other is going to need to self belief/confidence they'll pull a crowd. If that makes sense?

Edited by vintagelaureate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Quite possibly - I think if (a big if) two of the headliners are Fleetwood Mac and Elton John, whoever headlines the Other is going to need to self belief/confidence they'll pull a crowd. If that makes sense?

I was thinking skepta against Fleetwood would work well. No idea who should go up against Elton. Surely Disclosure are worth a return?

1975 against Massive Attack

Edited by Matt42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I was thinking skepta against Fleetwood would work well. No idea who should go up against Elton. Surely Disclosure are worth a return?

1975 against Massive Attack

My friend is raving off Swedish House Mafia after Creamfields yesterday. 

I went with Metallica as Other Stage headlines against Elton. There's a split! 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

My friend is raving off Swedish House Mafia after Creamfields yesterday. 

I went with Metallica as Other Stage headlines against Elton. There's a split! 😀

SHM are all about the money, no chance they'll do Glasto. I have Black Keys on opposite Elton, with Elbow subbing him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No way are Metallica doing the Other stage. They're still packing stadiums in this country so they headline the Pyramid or nothing, so I think that rules them out for the foreseeable.

"Yeah but they nearly headlined it in '14...."

But they didn't actually do that, did they? They headlined the pyramid!

"Yeah, but Lars loves the festival..."

Then he'll come as a punter and have a great weekend.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Then he'll come as a punter and have a great weekend.

 

Wish him the absolute best of luck in the October sale!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maelzoid said:

No way are Metallica doing the Other stage. They're still packing stadiums in this country so they headline the Pyramid or nothing, so I think that rules them out for the foreseeable.

"Yeah but they nearly headlined it in '14...."

But they didn't actually do that, did they? They headlined the pyramid!

"Yeah, but Lars loves the festival..."

Then he'll come as a punter and have a great weekend.

 

Metallica had accepted to headline the Other Stage in '14 though but were moved due to Prince's unwillingness to commit to play I seem to recall.

That being said, I don't think I can see them being billed as anything other than Pyramid headliner though because of the fact they have done it previously now. I can see them popping in for a surprise set somewhere though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s hypothetically possible that an act such as Metallica accept a lower than usual slot, such as Other headliner, on the proviso that the festival makes a bit of a fuss over how great they are for accepting it for the 50th...

Can’t see it though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Truth stage, 2am - playing Master of Puppets in full 

Would be an amazing moment so it wont happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 1975

AM

Coldplay

Other stage

Wolf Alice

Royal blood

Disclosure

Jon peel stage

Churches

Bastille

Kasier cheifs

West holts stage

Jake Bugg

Fatboy slim

Secret set

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

It’s hypothetically possible that an act such as Metallica accept a lower than usual slot, such as Other headliner, on the proviso that the festival makes a bit of a fuss over how great they are for accepting it for the 50th...

Can’t see it though.

Given how much Lars Ulrich has fallen for the festival, it's possible they could play the opening of a long drop at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jj200 said:

West holts stage

Jake Bugg

Fatboy slim

Secret set

I think a singalong to Two Fingers on West Holts is what the festival's spent the last 49 years searching for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kalifire said:

Given how much Lars Ulrich has fallen for the festival, it's possible they could play the opening of a long drop at this point.

I'm sure it was someone mentioned somewhere on here that they'd heard/read Lars had said he/they were playing 2020. I can't find where though..  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, jj200 said:

The 1975

AM

Coldplay

Other stage

Wolf Alice

Royal blood

Disclosure

Jon peel stage

Churches

Bastille

Kasier cheifs

West holts stage

Jake Bugg

Fatboy slim

Secret set

 

 

I don't believe Chvrches are touring next year, also can't fathom Jake Bugg headlining any stage let alone West Holts! Would also swap round Royal Blood & Disclosure as AM & RB have quite a similar fan base as well as the same management so can't see them clashing against each other. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rawrsomesauce said:

AM & RB have quite a similar fan base as well as the same management so can't see them clashing against each other. 

Hot Chip and Chemical Brothers this year. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...