Jump to content
dentalplan

2020 Stage Predictions: What do we know? Do we know things?? Let’s find out!

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

So Supergrass will probably be playing Glasto next year. Probably on the pyramid? Where would they play? Third down?

Have never been a fan but opening the Other on Friday makes sense. They’re the ultimate ‘singles’ band. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

So Supergrass will probably be playing Glasto next year. Probably on the pyramid? Where would they play? Third down?

Either JP or Park headliner I reckon. Maybe around 3rd Other. They won’t be that high on the Pyramid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right trying that again 

- I am not a graphic designer. I am not trying to pass this off as a leak this is an incredibly amateur attempt - but something to do on a day where I’m house sitting and out in the sun.

- still will probably be picked up by Somerset live despite the fact that I’ve put some bands too low and probably included too many dance acts. It’s more of an ambitious lineup attempt than a realistic one. I hate doing stage breakdowns and a poster is much easier.

Enjoy and please rip it to shreds.

308327B6-39A0-4C45-B95C-95D132F16DFB.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Right trying that again 

- I am not a graphic designer. I am not trying to pass this off as a leak this is an incredibly amateur attempt - but something to do on a day where I’m house sitting and out in the sun.

- still will probably be picked up by Somerset live despite the fact that I’ve put some bands too low and probably included too many dance acts. It’s more of an ambitious lineup attempt than a realistic one. I hate doing stage breakdowns and a poster is much easier.

Enjoy and please rip it to shreds.

308327B6-39A0-4C45-B95C-95D132F16DFB.jpeg

you definitely have the bottom 2 lines spot on :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Can't begin to imagine how you've fit all of those in but I'll take it.

Pyramid: 

The 1975 / The Kinks / Supergrass / AJ Tracey / Kacey Musgraves

Fleetwood Mac / Lorde / Wolf Alice / Loyle Carner

Elton John / Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds / Dua Lipa / Spice Girls / Sam Fender

Other

Slipknot / Blossoms 

Skepta / Tyler the Creator

Disclosure / Bombay Bicycle Club

Thats vaguely what I had in mind. BLACKPINK on west holts, Churches headlining JP, Greta Van Fleet headlining JP too probs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Pyramid: 

The 1975 / The Kinks / Supergrass / AJ Tracey / Kacey Musgraves

Fleetwood Mac / Lorde / Wolf Alice / Loyle Carner

Elton John / Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds / Dua Lipa / Spice Girls / Sam Fender

Other

Slipknot / Blossoms 

Skepta / Tyler the Creator

Disclosure / Bombay Bicycle Club

Thats vaguely what I had in mind. BLACKPINK on west holts, Churches headlining JP, Greta Van Fleet headlining JP too probs.

Thanks I hate it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

 I'll take it.

 

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Thanks I hate it

Mixed messages babe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Matt42 said:

So Supergrass will probably be playing Glasto next year. Probably on the pyramid? Where would they play? Third down?

Supergrass third down the Pyramid?!? In 2020?!?

Just spat my tea out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the record I like Supergrass and an hour of them doing their thing sounds great to me, but there’s no way on earth they’re playing third down the Pyramid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Supergrass aren’t even headlining Pilton Party then there’s no chance they’re getting a prime Pyramid slot. Opening the Other Stage sounds perfect for them or maybe Park headliner as @SomeoneListeningIn suggets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

For the record I like Supergrass and an hour of them doing their thing sounds great to me, but there’s no way on earth they’re playing third down the Pyramid.

Reunion hype?

Probably just got this wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Supergrass third down the Pyramid?!? In 2020?!?

Just spat my tea out!

Agreed. Other opener, surely. 

And also....Blossoms into Slipknot. Jesus wept! I guess if that's going to happen anywhere though, it's going to be Glastonbury 

Edited by Sasperella

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Supergrass were Other openers I'd probably try to catch that, but I couldn't see them anywhere else on the main stages. Could Avalon get them based on the strength of their line up this year?!

Edited by vintagelaureate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Reunion hype?

Probably just got this wrong.

For comparison Bastille played fourth and they still play arenas. Sheryl Crow was fifth and she was probably last relevant around the same time as Supergrass and yet is still much bigger than Gaz and the lads. I fear you are greatly overestimating the hype levels for a Supergrass reunion.

As said above they have Other Stage Opener written all over them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

And also....Blossoms into Slipknot. Jesus wept! I guess if that's going to happen anywhere though, it's going to be Glastonbury 

Jack white played into Metallica. Plus if Slipknot played in fantasy reality they’d never have a metal band before them

Edited by Matt42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having slept on it a Supergrass headline set up in the Park while the 1975 are on would be perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Having slept on it a Supergrass headline set up in the Park while the 1975 are on would be perfect.

I just can’t see that happening unless the Other Stage is out of order next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

For comparison Bastille played fourth and they still play arenas. Sheryl Crow was fifth and she was probably last relevant around the same time as Supergrass and yet is still much bigger than Gaz and the lads. I fear you are greatly overestimating the hype levels for a Supergrass reunion.

As said above they have Other Stage Opener written all over them.

Bastille have pretty much dropped to an academy band now, look at their last tour dates and the one's coming up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I just can’t see that happening unless the Other Stage is out of order next year.

I cite precedent... Super Furry Animals 2015. Are Supergrass really any bigger?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I cite precedent... Super Furry Animals 2015. Are Supergrass really any bigger?

A little bit, I guess, but I think SFA are more of a cult concern which is why I would think them suitable for the Park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

A little bit, I guess, but I think SFA are more of a cult concern which is why I would think them suitable for the Park.

Gaz has done the Park as a solo artist previously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is all academic as we all know that the Other opener slot was made for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Gaz has done the Park as a solo artist previously.

Gaz Coombes’ solo stuff is very different to Alright, Caught By The Fuzz, etc.

32 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

This is all academic as we all know that the Other opener slot was made for them.

Yes. But something like third down Other would be second choice I’m sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...