deadpheasant

Your 5 Must Sees

Ah man, I love Jopkins, but also think Stormzy might be amazing too. Really in a bind here, no idea

1 minute ago, Mardy said:

Ah man, I love Jopkins, but also think Stormzy might be amazing too. Really in a bind here, no idea

Same. And to add some complications, the majority of my mates are super keen on Tame Iampala. I don't think Fri night is a great time for T.I, but I do like spending the headliner with a crew....and then herd them into the SE Corner

Reckon I'm gonna end up deciding on the night

Kylie - her biggest fan when I was 8

snow patrol - for the belting out of songs I know the words to (haven’t heard of most of the line up)

chemicals - hey boy lol

sigrid - thought her first song was great, the beats going through it remind me of ‘running up the hill’

the pick for the last spot would have been CATQ but think I’d have to say Billie Eilish these days

34 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Same. And to add some complications, the majority of my mates are super keen on Tame Iampala. I don't think Fri night is a great time for T.I, but I do like spending the headliner with a crew....and then herd them into the SE Corner

Reckon I'm gonna end up deciding on the night

Neil's getting rumours Foals will be Other headliner on Friday and Tame close it out on Sunday.

14 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Neil's getting rumours Foals will be Other headliner on Friday and Tame close it out on Sunday.

I really hope this is true. To me, Tame Impala seem like a perfect Sunday headliner 🙂

Sadly this thread has actually just succeeded in reminding me how this line-up isn't quite there for me personally.

The Chemical Brothers
The Cure
Friendly Fires
Interpol
Er, Foals?

Shit balls....all this chat about Maribou State have made me realise I have a very tight turnaround of:

Maribou state (WH) -- IDLES (Park) -- Michael Kiwanuka (Park) -- Hopkins (probs) (WH)

Basically involves no travel time. How long is it between both stages???

Also based on poster position of IDLES and assuming 6pm info actually means 8pm. But of a shitter....6pm would have been better!!!

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

where has he said this?

14 minutes ago, Homer said:

Sadly this thread has actually just succeeded in reminding me how this line-up isn't quite there for me personally.

The Chemical Brothers
The Cure
Friendly Fires
Interpol
Er, Foals?

I agree and don't know full line up or clashes yet at moment I will say 

The cure

The killers 

Johnny marr

Aurora 

Tame impala 

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

I really hope this is true. To me, Tame Impala seem like a perfect Sunday headliner 🙂

So it’s Tame Vs Hopkins

Or

Tame vs Janelle 

Shitter. 

I’ve said to my newbie mate to pick half a dozen and go with the flow, best I have a stab, although I’ll change my mind several times and it will depend on final timings/weather

1. Idles

2. Sam Fender

3. Frank Turner

4. Bar Steward Sons of Val Doonican

5. Chemical Brothers

its not gonna work is it?

Four must sees: 

1. The Streets

2. Hot Chip

(Almost certain the above will clash)

3. Low - if they get the right spot. JPT sub will be ideal... Other mid afternoon would be criminal)

4. The Comet is Coming (and their "Vs Steamdown set is right up there (as is most of that Wormhole line up))

And a lot bubbling just under. 

Anyone making a tally chart? The Streets and The Comet Is Coming seem to be cropping up more than I thought. 

22 minutes ago, endswithMJ said:

where has he said this?

On 5/22/2019 at 5:14 PM, eFestivals said:

can anyone remind me where the info came from that Tame Impala are Friday night?

(yes, it might have come from me, I've forgotten :P )

I have someone telling me Foals are the Friday night headliner, which I don't really think is right but I thought I'd look deeper.

Then corroborated with second-hand word from the band's management. Not sure but might be legit.

Bollocks, already started to change my mind...

Kate Tempest needs adding, as do Gojira, oh, and Lucy Spraggan.

I’m struggling here

1 minute ago, Ddiamondd said:

Then corroborated with second-hand word from the band's management. Not sure but might be legit.

Now I'm confused....is this corroborated that foals are Friday or Sunday....?

Foals Friday, Tame moved to Sunday. That's the current cat amongst the pigeons.

Tame have Glasto listed as Friday on their website but Neil's info back earlier this year was just that they were an Other headliner, not specifically Friday's. Also one bloke adamant it's The Courteeners, make of that what you will.

Keith's death has caused a reshuffle, we just don't know how it shakes out.

Only two absolute must sees: Frank Turner and Lankum.

To make it five, I’ll say Albert Hammond, the Cure (that will require a quick walk) and Sheryl Crow.

Yola

Frank Turner

The Cure

Kylie

Carl Cox

But this could all change

Just now, Cooter said:

Reef? Sunday night Avalon headliner, be there!

Would’ve been there most likely but can’t miss Tame Impala if this new info is true. 

Kurt Vile - The Park

The Cure - Pyramid

Fontaine’s DC - Sure they’ll play about four times but hopefully The Rabbit Hole

Lauryn Hill - Pyramid

Denzel Curry - Shangri-La 

Tricky one, I'm in the boat of plenty I'd like to see but very few absolutes.  And the only two must sees I've got bloody clash!!! This year's very much going to be drifting with the breeze and seeing what happens

Jon Hopkins

Frank Turner

Dub Pistols

London Elektricity

Gojira