Other Stage Opener

jow95

1 hour ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Anyone choosing to watch The Vaccines over a mass ABBA singalong on the Pyramid needs to have more sex.

11.45 is a struggle tho innit. Dragged myself out of bed one morning for the bootleg beatles last year and i was weary eyed to say the least

4 minutes ago, Bradders said:

All these cool kids chatting about the opening set on Friday and not one has mentioned the Mauskovic Dance Band yet. That’s where to be.

Still happy with my Black Midi > Bjorn and the lads > Acid Mothers Temple opening trio.

Unless you've heard good things about Mauskovic as a live prospect.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Still happy with my Black Midi > Bjorn and the lads > Acid Mothers Temple opening trio.

Unless you've heard good things about Mauskovic as a live prospect.

Saw them a couple of weeks back and they were excellent. Not exactly showmen but great fun.

Also meant to be playing HMS Sweet Charity, presumably late night, so that might be an even better opportunity if you have morning plans.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm planning on seeing Black Midi and Bjorn Again.  I think you can do both.

You've got 5 minutes. Because I know I'm not going to see everything anyway I've made a resolution not to rush from 1 stage to another;

1. you underestimate how long it's going to take with the crowds
  2. I like to have time for the first set to sink in
  3. there will be something else on somewhere starting later = nice stroll and perhaps food/drink.

15 minutes ago, Bradders said:

Saw them a couple of weeks back and they were excellent. Not exactly showmen but great fun.

Also meant to be playing HMS Sweet Charity, presumably late night, so that might be an even better opportunity if you have morning plans.

More welly as a live act? Found the album to be lacking in oomph.

• 2 years later...
2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Who do we think this might be this year? Reckon they might put someone lively on there to get things going. A symbolic way to celebrate being back for the first time in three years.

My vote would be for Fatboy Slim. Can't think of anyone better to kick things off.

Fatboy would be excellent. Already confirmed he’s playing the Friday so definitely doable.

Alternatively, the likes of Franz Ferdinand or even Manics are about, and they fit in to the usual indie fodder that have had that slot in the past. I’m sure there are loads of similar indie acts that could fit the bill as well.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Fatboy would be excellent. Already confirmed he’s playing the Friday so definitely doable.

Alternatively, the likes of Franz Ferdinand or even Manics are about, and they fit in to the usual indie fodder that have had that slot in the past. I’m sure there are loads of similar indie acts that could fit the bill as well.

My thinking is they'll also get someone that has an affinity with the festival and Norm fits that bill perfectly. No way he's just playing Silver Hayes. The OS opener has become quite a favourable slot over the last 8/9 years, it might make up for the fact he was supposed to be headlining it in 2020...

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

My thinking is they'll also get someone that has an affinity with the festival and Norm fits that bill perfectly. No way he's just playing Silver Hayes. The OS opener has become quite a favourable slot over the last 8/9 years, it might make up for the fact he was supposed to be headlining it in 2020...

id like him to get pyramid opener ... seems a better deal for him then 

13 minutes ago, ChemicalBrother said:

That’s the assumption I was under too. 
Having seen Hacienda Classical open the pyramid in 2019, FatBoy opening the pyramid would really work too. 

No they were subbing the other stage last time

29 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

That would certainly be a statement. He seems to be the only person who could turn up almost anywhere.

Will he be up at that hour though? Maybe - he is clean these days isn't he?

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That would certainly be a statement. He seems to be the only person who could turn up almost anywhere.

Will he be up at that hour though? Maybe - he is clean these days isn't he?

Yeah, he's been sober for at least a decade. He'd rip their hand off for that slot and absolutely crush it