Other Stage Opener

jow95

8 hours ago, twirlygirl said:

I had suspicions that it would be Texas this year but I can't find any references to confirm that thought....has anyone seem any rumour to that effect???

I certainly don’t think it’s a Foregone Conclusion that Texas will play.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Holding Tim Booth aloft during one of his crowd surfing forays during the 2016 opener is one of my Glastonbury highlights. Even had a vintage Come Home tee shirt on me. Brightened up what was for many reasons a dreary morning. 

14 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

If the Other opener is being taken from the existing announce, that’s plausible. Could be shades of Blondie style overcrowding though

If they put out a message on the screens beforehand saying Sheryl Crow doesn’t sing Man I Feel Like A Woman or That Don’t Impress Me Much, I think it’ll be manageable.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, broken monkey said:

God, just had a horrid thought... what if it was Bros?

Where have all these awful Bros rumours started coming from? They need to be nipped in the bud! My friend and I were talking about the acts we'd listened to on the lineup and he said he wouldn't be listening to Bros - but what are they doing on his playlist anyway? Have I missed some info, or have I just subconsciously blocked out this particular horror?

Bros are a Strong Rumour on the line up page. I seem to recall Neil was given a whisper about it.

(I watched a bit of the BAFTAs last night. Twin-with-hair's ego clearly still doesn't cope with how funny that documentary was. His facial expressions when Norton was talking about it were mint. :D )

Edited by scaryclaireyfairy

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 9:09 AM, sisco said:

Snow Patrol have sold out their Eden Sessions date too.  Very much doubt they’ll open the other

I am shocked. I genuinely thought they were a 1 hit album band from about 15 years ago who were never that big. They passed me by so much I could only name 2 tunes I think. I do get them and Keane mixed up though.

28 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

I'd take Bros any day. 

And yes, you can interpret that how you like. 

(I have NO shame)

ugh, this is awful thing to say. This sounds like you are completely prepared to listen to them.  Ew.

Frank turner a possibility? Playing in the eve, rumoured to be playing multiple sets. Feel he is big enough for it to be exciting but not gonnq cause stampedes. Also with his energy i think he'll be perfect for knocking any cobwebs off. I know he did early on other a couple years back so that may be a point against. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone think Frank Turner is possible? Playing avalon Friday night and seems odd that he wouldn't also play a main stage. I appreciate it would be a complete contrast to who they usually go for. 

Tbh I don't think its likely just clutching at straws cause i'll probs miss his headline set. Think he opened on Saturday a few years ago and it was a cracking start to the day

1 minute ago, Scott129 said:

Anyone think Frank Turner is possible? Playing avalon Friday night and seems odd that he wouldn't also play a main stage. I appreciate it would be a complete contrast to who they usually go for. 

Tbh I don't think its likely just clutching at straws cause i'll probs miss his headline set. Think he opened on Saturday a few years ago and it was a cracking start to the day

He was on second after swim deep