Flags: Where can I order one?

douglasmanso

2 hours ago, Wazzyj2w said:

Wow you are all very touchy RE flags. Do you not often use them to meet your friends at a stage? I mean without them it's pretty much just a field with thousands of people in, wouldn't be easy 

At 5ft4 my chances of seeing the stage are already slim. But getting the occasional flash of stage/ screen view blocked by a flaggy c**t really sucks balls.

As a reference point... people (and their flags) can/ do move which could throw a right spanner in the works. I always find more permanent fixtures more useful to reference  - speaker stacks/ camera rigs/ stalls etc.

To reiterate:

3 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

FLAGS ARE FOR CAMPS NOT FOR WALKIES 

3 hours ago, Wazzyj2w said:

Wow you are all very touchy RE flags. Do you not often use them to meet your friends at a stage? I mean without them it's pretty much just a field with thousands of people in, wouldn't be easy 

If people just had them up before the music starts, met their friends then took them down, I doubt anyone would have a problem with them, but keeping them up means people behind you can't see- is it really fair that you block the view of thousands of people behind you just so you can meet up with your friends? (which is possible without a flag) 

1 hour ago, Fork_UK said:

I love the flags.  Yes you can't see much, but seeing the tiny dots on the stage half a mile away doesn't really enhance my experience of the music, so I don't care.  Standing in a crowd singing along with thousands of other people is what makes a gig for me!  The view of the crowd with the stage in the background with flags scattered about the middle ground is so iconic, I love it!

@douglasmanso, a quick Google brings up this company:  https://www.contrado.co.uk/flag-printing , who will print flags on a variety of materials and in lots of styles and have their own little design page, where you can customise to your heart's content!  Seems like the base price is £24+£4 for shipping.  

Dunno how that compares to prices in Brazil, though.  

You might like them (madness!) but a lot of people don't--flag bearers are making a decision without consideration for them, essentially one person's decision to have a flag impacts thousands of people behind them. It's a bit selfish. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/8/2019 at 7:12 PM, douglasmanso said:

Hi guys! My second Glasto here! 

Going all the way from Brazil to England for Glasto! Couldn’t be more excited after two years waiting!

me and my friends decided to make our “special” and unique flag for Glasto. But it’s kind of hard and expensive to make one here in Brazil and take all the way to UK. So I was thinking about order my flag somewhere in UK and pick it up before Glasto.

Does anyone knows a good place to order mine? Thanks!

I hope you have a very enjoyable time! But renounce the flag idea (or at least just use it for marking your tent location)! ;) to be honest I think you'd find it a bit of a faff having to carry it around all day

Just now, Mr.Tease said:

You might like them (madness!) but a lot of people don't--flag bearers are making a decision without consideration for them, essentially one person's decision to have a flag impacts thousands of people behind them. It's a bit selfish. 

Ahaha 1 flag affects a thousand people, that's a big flag. Not once have I been unable to find a view that is reasonably unobstructed by flags. Plus there is screens and the only view your missing is dot if your that far away from the stage

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wazzyj2w said:

Ahaha 1 flag affects a thousand people, that's a big flag. Not once have I been unable to find a view that is reasonably unobstructed by flags. Plus there is screens and the only view your missing is dot if your that far away from the stage

You obviously never saw the infamous 'I love sausage' flag?

I've been in the inner circle of the pyramid and had my view completely blocked by a flag- people were so annoyed they chanted until the person took the flag down!

Screens are usually out of synch with the music, which is why I try to avoid looking at them! 

1 minute ago, Mr.Tease said:

You obviously never saw the infamous 'I love sausage' flag?

I've been in the inner circle of the pyramid and had my view completely blocked by a flag- people were so annoyed they chanted until the person took the flag down!

Screens are usually out of synch with the music, which is why I try to avoid looking at them! 

If it block your view in the inner circle then it must of been one of the not very good ones that isn't very tall, which I would say is the main issue, I've got no issue with the tall ones

7 hours ago, Wazzyj2w said:

Most people don’t use them for meeting up with their friends though. Most people use them so they can message their mates at home and say “ooh can you see our flag?” Or watch it back on the telly after the festival so they can post a picture to instachat. 

Probably.

Someone had a flag right at the front of the stage at the Jacksons in 2017 and no-one could see at all.  Until a rather tanked up guy went storming to the front, pushing past everyone to tell them to take it down (he may have wrestled it out of their hands, the mood he was in).  Everyone cheered when it was down.

9 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Most people don’t use them for meeting up with their friends though. Most people use them so they can message their mates at home and say “ooh can you see our flag?” Or watch it back on the telly after the festival so they can post a picture to instachat. 

Probably.

Not probably. Definitely.

It's no coincidence that you mostly see them in the front section at the pyramid stage and to a lesser extent other stage, occasionally at other televised stages and almost never at any untelevised stage or further back where they'd be out of camera range.

Edited by incident
  • Upvote 1

Dont mind too many of them, but keep 'em small and keep 'em relevant, not just any old meaningless shit like 'flag' or whatever. Take your cue from 'Wolves Flag', the little yellow footie team one that was arguably the first and appears even in old '90's clips and was always there for the big bands.

5 hours ago, brightyoungthing2 said:

At 5ft4 my chances of seeing the stage are already slim. But getting the occasional flash of stage/ screen view blocked by a flaggy c**t really sucks balls.

As a reference point... people (and their flags) can/ do move which could throw a right spanner in the works. I always find more permanent fixtures more useful to reference  - speaker stacks/ camera rigs/ stalls etc.

To reiterate:

I have broad shoulders if you need a lift up ?

On 5/8/2019 at 7:12 PM, douglasmanso said:

Hi guys! My second Glasto here! 

Going all the way from Brazil to England for Glasto! Couldn’t be more excited after two years waiting!

me and my friends decided to make our “special” and unique flag for Glasto. But it’s kind of hard and expensive to make one here in Brazil and take all the way to UK. So I was thinking about order my flag somewhere in UK and pick it up before Glasto.

Does anyone knows a good place to order mine? Thanks!

invest in gold membership instead ..it will make you friends on this site ... and won't piss anyone off ... :) 

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I accept that they block people’s views, but for me the sea of flags is quintessentially Glastonbury. It wouldn’t be same without them IMO.

Me too, adds to the atmosphere and is one of the (many) things that sets Glastonbury apart from most other festivals