2020 headliners

jj200

29 minutes ago, Gacheezbo said:

Personally think the boat has sailed for Foals and would be better off getting 1975 instead.

1975 - Kendrick - Fleetwood Mac / Elton

Foals - Kendrick - Fleetwood Mac excites me a lot. 

The 1975 - Kendrick - Elton does not. Plus, it brings us back to the no woman problem....which is not going to be saved by four Spice Girls in the legends slot

Edited by Sasperella
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mardy said:

The Foals topping the bill makes this year's headliners look like inspired bookings.

I don't give a monkeys how many records they sell, they're not headliners. There's absolutely no pop thrill there

It's the booking equivalent of shrugging, putting your hands in your pockets and looking at the floor whilst mumbling "well I suppose it's their turn..."

8 minutes ago, Mardy said:

The Foals topping the bill makes this year's headliners look like inspired bookings.

I don't give a monkeys how many records they sell, they're not headliners. There's absolutely no pop thrill there

Pop thrill? 

Oh....this may explain why the only pyramid headliner I've ever seen is Radiohead ?

Fine - I'd take Foals on T'Other as long as there's no clash with IDLES on the JP (and I have a ticket)

As we're clutching at straws, I did actually have a dream last night that Radiohead were headlining again. 

20 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Like getting to the end of term when all the last kids get star of the week because they've not had it all year.

• Upvote 2

Can half the people saying the things they are about Foals, name even ten of their songs! Glastonbury isn’t about pop thrill! Quite the opposite, and if you think it is you know nothing! If I know anything about Glastonbury the organisers would book Foals in a heartbeat over the 1975 who are one direction holding guitars!! It’s foolish of them to try and maintain their rock and blues roots forever in the 21st century, but for the 50th you won’t see 1975 anywhere near the top! Headlining the other I’d say! Foals we’re playing Glasto to rave reviews befor the 1975 had released an album, it’s their turn, not because the organisers will shrug and say I guess, but because they’re one of the best British live bands in the country, and they deserve to give a classic rock Glastonbury headline slot for the 50th which is what Micheal Eavis wants not some aragant pop star who thinks his band is the best thing since sliced bread (Matty Healy). And by the way Foals headlined R+L two years before 1975 and it was insanely good, and I notice 1975 weren’t invited to play a swift surprise gig this year to about 40,000 people around the park but Foals were and it was the best set of the weekend!! 

So, you know stop dissing on Foals guys, Dahm!

• Downvote 2

19 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Pop thrill? 

Oh....this may explain why the only pyramid headliner I've ever seen is Radiohead ?

Fine - I'd take Foals on T'Other as long as there's no clash with IDLES on the JP (and I have a ticket)

As we're clutching at straws, I did actually have a dream last night that Radiohead were headlining again. 

Yeah, I'm not against Foals, they're alright, not especially my bag, but they're fine. I think they'd make an excellent Other headliner. They just don't seem to have that wider buzz that, like it or not, I think is an essential characteristic of being a Pyramid headliner these days.

My headliner history is Springsteen, Radiohead and Stormzy. But I can see why bands I don't like are right as headliners. And for me, Foals just aren't.

9 minutes ago, ThomJG said:

Can half the people saying the things they are about Foals, name even ten of their songs! Glastonbury isn’t about pop thrill! Quite the opposite, and if you think it is you know nothing! If I know anything about Glastonbury the organisers would book Foals in a heartbeat over the 1975 who are one direction holding guitars!! It’s foolish of them to try and maintain their rock and blues roots forever in the 21st century, but for the 50th you won’t see 1975 anywhere near the top! Headlining the other I’d say! Foals we’re playing Glasto to rave reviews befor the 1975 had released an album, it’s their turn, not because the organisers will shrug and say I guess, but because they’re one of the best British live bands in the country, and they deserve to give a classic rock Glastonbury headline slot for the 50th which is what Micheal Eavis wants not some aragant pop star who thinks his band is the best thing since sliced bread (Matty Healy). And by the way Foals headlined R+L two years before 1975 and it was insanely good, and I notice 1975 weren’t invited to play a swift surprise gig this year to about 40,000 people around the park but Foals were and it was the best set of the weekend!! 

here's our newest copypasta

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Yeah, I'm not against Foals, they're alright, not especially my bag, but they're fine. I think they'd make an excellent Other headliner. They just don't seem to have that wider buzz that, like it or not, I think is an essential characteristic of being a Pyramid headliner these days.

My headliner history is Springsteen, Radiohead and Stormzy. But I can see why bands I don't like are right as headliners. And for me, Foals just aren't.

I don’t think just because they’re not some peoples vag doesn’t mean they will headline the other! The thing is I ca t name 10 Kendrick songs, and on one 1975 songs, Glastonbury was a rock festival and the festival have said they want to respect that for the 50th. Listen to what Went Down and tell me that’s wouldn’t be amazing opening the pyramid headline slot! They might not headline but they’ve proven to the organisers time and time again they could pull it off!

16 minutes ago, ThomJG said:

Translation: "I don't like The 1975 so I hope they don't play. I like Foals so I hope they do play."

Edited by jyoung
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Can we stop pitting future headliners against each other?

The 1975 are the band of a generation.

Foals are beloved seasoned vets and friends of the fest.

Kendrick Lamar is the most talented rapper around.

Tame Impala

Ariana Grande is the new queen of pop.

we need them all!

I respect this! I’m not in the game if attacking the bands people like, but when people spend all morning basically saying Foals are crap and the 1975 are great I’m going in hard

1 minute ago, ThomJG said:

I don’t think just because they’re not some peoples vag doesn’t mean they will headline the other! The thing is I ca t name 10 Kendrick songs, and on one 1975 songs, Glastonbury was a rock festival and the festival have said they want to respect that for the 50th. Listen to what Went Down and tell me that’s wouldn’t be amazing opening the pyramid headline slot! They might not headline but they’ve proven to the organisers time and time again they could pull it off!

I think they probably are 'some peoples vag' but yeah, you know, if you like.

2 minutes ago, ThomJG said:

I respect this! I’m not in the game if attacking the bands people like, but when people spend all morning basically saying Foals are crap and the 1975 are great I’m going in hard

People here preferring The 1975 or Foals doesn’t make a difference to what actually happens. You should get acquainted with The 1975’s stuff just in case - there’s something there for everyone - and then you should be happy if it is one of the two.

I've been going to Leeds Festival for a number of years and The 1975 were outstanding and one of the best headline sets I've seen. My Dad comes with me - he'd never been a fan until seeing them at Leeds and now wants to see them on tour and can't stop listening to them.

If they headlined Glastonbury they'd be outstanding and would absolutely nail it, I think people need to give them a chance.

I equally love Foals, but at this moment in time The 1975 are the band I'd rather see headline having seen both this year headline festivals (Foals were also brilliant). 

Edited by Dukey