2020 headliners

jj200

16 hours ago, The life of Pablo said:

It's mental how much the UK gets ripped off 
139 is decent value but when I paid 157 for Mad Cool this year. You do wonder how the Europeans do it so cheap.  

Can only speak for Beni of the European fests, but I could definitely see the difference in terms of stuff beyond the acts that were playing.  All of the stuff you don't necessarily think of at Glastonbury like the water stations. the decor and flagpoles and bunting, the quality nu ber and layout of food stands and the market, the camping, all of it.

I know Glastonbury's expensive, but I do still fee like I can see where my money's going.

• Upvote 1

I was having a similar conversation with my friends the other day and you can definitely see where the extra money goes where Glastonbury is concerned. I couldn’t really say the same for V when I went to that a few years ago.

Festivals in general are actually exceptional value for money though. Taking 2016 as the example I’m pretty sure tickets to see Muse, Adele and Coldplay at their own gigs would have set you back £300 alone.

26 minutes ago, Quark said:

Can only speak for Beni of the European fests, but I could definitely see the difference in terms of stuff beyond the acts that were playing.  All of the stuff you don't necessarily think of at Glastonbury like the water stations. the decor and flagpoles and bunting, the quality nu ber and layout of food stands and the market, the camping, all of it.

I know Glastonbury's expensive, but I do still fee like I can see where my money's going.

To be fair with Beni you know that's the deal, it's not exactly a glamorous site for a festival anyway and theres nothing to do in the arena other than the music. Though to be fair when I've been there's never been an issue with queuing for a drink, food etc. On the other hand cheap festivals in England I've been to like Victorious and day gigs like QOTSA at Finsbury Park have been appalling, having to queue for a minimum of 30+ minutes for a beer. Gave up completely at Finsbury Park. It's why I don't mind paying for APE (when you need to pay full price) because you get the service, good food etc. Just don't see how other festivals find it so difficult.

2 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

To be fair with Beni you know that's the deal, it's not exactly a glamorous site for a festival anyway and theres nothing to do in the arena other than the music. Though to be fair when I've been there's never been an issue with queuing for a drink, food etc. On the other hand cheap festivals in England I've been to like Victorious and day gigs like QOTSA at Finsbury Park have been appalling, having to queue for a minimum of 30+ minutes for a beer. Gave up completely at Finsbury Park. It's why I don't mind paying for APE (when you need to pay full price) because you get the service, good food etc. Just don't see how other festivals find it so difficult.

Oh don't get me wrong, it is what it is and that's all good.

Can't speak for UK fests other than Glastonbury, Beautiful Days and Download tbh.  BDs had the similar feel to Glastonbury of there being more to it than just stages. Have to say that Download was more like Beni, didn't really feel like there was much to do other than the stages.

5 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

I was really impressed with APE in that regard. Top notch organisation, and coupled with the overall friendly, Glastonbury-esque vibe of the crowd it was a really great experience.

37 minutes ago, jow95 said:

What has the world come to, he should be lucky to play croissant neuf on Thursday afternoon in my humble opinion, each to their own 

23 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Realistically yes, although this forum might run a mile at the idea.

I don't know much about the fella. He looks like my 5 year old nephew has drew on his face with felt pens, while he has been asleep.

I don't mind the song that is currently getting played on the radio and I get the impression he is a pretty big deal. Yet whether he is headliner level,  I do not know.

Seen he is playing in Glasgow just after Glasto, so was wondering whether it was feasible for him to sub Swifty.

Edited by eastynh

38 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I don't know much about the fella. He looks like my 5 year old nephew has drew on his face with felt pens, while he has been asleep.

I don't mind the song that is currently getting played on the radio and I get the impression he is a pretty big deal. Yet whether he is headliner level,  I do not know.

Seen he is playing in Glasgow just after Glasto, so was wondering whether it was feasible for him to sub Swifty.

Two rap singers in prominent positions?!?

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Two rap singers in prominent positions?!?

Is he a rapper? That one I hear on the radio sounds like a straight up pop song. Is it called Circles?

I maybe miles out here but from the little I have heard of Post Malone, I would not categorise him along side Kendrick. Kendrick was more inline with your Tupac's and NWA.

6 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Is he a rapper? That one I hear on the radio sounds like a straight up pop song. Is it called Circles?

I maybe miles out here but from the little I have heard of Post Malone, I would not categorise him along side Kendrick. Kendrick was more inline with your Tupac's and NWA.

My knowledge of PM is limited at best, but I thought he was a rapper. He certainly looks like one.

I could be wrong though...

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

My knowledge of PM is limited at best, but I thought he was a rapper. He certainly looks like one.

I could be wrong though...

Just had a listen to a few more of his and was quite surprised at how many I know. He is a world away from Kendrick. He is proper Capital FM tackle. He would have been a dead cert for V fest.

Literally just had the "don't you want a proper rock band headlining for the 50th" conversation with someone in the office after saying Macca and Taylor were headlining 😂 wasn't really the time or place to argue so I just politely nodded.

They did mention that Radio 1 kept playing GNR when they were doing the ticket contest. I mean it's totally Kenny, but I can't see a mention of UK exclusivity on the Tottenham press release, and they're so doing some double headers on the tour so the Dublin show shouldn't rule them out. If we weren't certain of Kenny, GNR could be a real contender *shrug*

Edited by jparx

22 hours ago, eastynh said:

He nicked my pint at Sziget last year. Still not sure how I feel about that. 

22 minutes ago, Quark said:

Context? Unless you gave it to him, I'd feel the same as I would about any herbert nicking my pint

It was after the gig and he had just been on one of the little rides at the festival. Some kind of spinning thing. He needed a drink of something just as I was walking past so he grabbed my pint. 

17 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

It was after the gig and he had just been on one of the little rides at the festival. Some kind of spinning thing. He needed a drink of something just as I was walking past so he grabbed my pint. 

Herbert it is. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1