2020 headliners

jj200

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

and yet The Cure still had a packed field ... with waaaaaay more than Metallica had.

So Stormzy's bigger-than-the-cure crowd demonstrates he was a suitable headliner.

I think we came and went 3 times during Metallica. Everytime we got within 29 rows of front. Ended up in Shangri-La before their set had finished.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Don’t feee the troll 

I don't think @thewayiam is a troll, in fairness. He has his own views and although some of them may not reflect the majority of the other users on the forum, I think he believes them and that's a completely different thing. Trolls also tend to be temporary accounts and he's been around for a while now. 

• Upvote 4

Hello. Never intended on making account on here but I got miserable looking at posts in here regarding Taylor Swift headlining. I know some believed that she'll be playing Lolla in Stockholm at the time but when her norwegian date was announced it was stated that her show there is exclusive to Scandinavia and it was said there won't be any date in Sweden. 

Edited by deathbyathousandacts

3 minutes ago, cheesey_toastie said:

Are Rage Against the Machine big enough? Just announcing a tour after reforming according to 6Music news?

Yes. Hugely popular and culturally important band. Their message is as relevant as ever. That said, I don't think they'd be averse to an Other Stage headline slot if the Pyramid isn't available, but trust me it would be rammo.

6 minutes ago, cheesey_toastie said:

Are Rage Against the Machine big enough? Just announcing a tour after reforming according to 6Music news?

My knowledge of them is vague if I'm honest but if they're headlining Coachella, I guess they could do it yeah

Edited by mufcok

Just now, deathbyathousandacts said:

Hello. Never intended on making account on here but I got miserable looking at posts in here regarding Taylor Swift headlining. I know some believed that she'll be playing Lolla in Stockholm at the time but when her norwegian date was announced it was stated that her show there is exclusive to Scandinavia and it was said there's won't be any date in Sweden. 

Can you provide a link for this? Me and @jparx need this information desperately.

1 minute ago, deathbyathousandacts said:

Hello. Never intended on making account on here but I got miserable looking at posts in here regarding Taylor Swift headlining. I know some believed that she'll be playing Lolla in Stockholm at the time but when her norwegian date was announced it was stated that her show there is exclusive to Scandinavia and it was said there won't be any date in Sweden. 

Hello and welcome!

That's interesting/amazing news. Do you have a link to where it said that??

9 minutes ago, cheesey_toastie said:

Absolutely yes. I want rage to play desperately. However it’s become apparent that this reunion was planned a matter of weeks ago (some say only two weeks). Apparently Coachella already had three headliners booked and has done a rejiggle of their lineup to accommodate rage. The purpose of the tour appears to be across America to protest Trump - I dunno if there are any plans to take the tour international.

Edited by Matt42

30 minutes ago, C14S said:

Just quickly from any of you old farts struggling with Kendrick, I’d highly recommend Sing About me, I’m dying of thirst as it pretty much sums up everything I love about Kendrick on record. 

King Kunta/Alright/Swimming Pools are the ones I say to people. Even my Dad, the classic rock snob, loves To Pimp a Butterfly.

5 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

King Kunta/Alright/Swimming Pools are the ones I say to people. Even my Dad, the classic rock snob, loves To Pimp a Butterfly.

My Dads never listened to anything without guitars in his life, and as much I love the bulk of his taste, GKMC/TPAB is the first non rock thing that I got through to him with, and sing about me was the breakthrough song 

edit: KK/alright/SP are pretty easy to listen to I guess, probably why they’re so popular

Edited by C14S

17 minutes ago, deathbyathousandacts said:

Is Denmark not Scandinavia?

Suggesting Stormzy was a bad headliner is ridiculous, he had a massive crowd and he smashed it. I couldn't care less how it looked on TV.

Myself, the mrs and our mates all enjoyed it and this was even after i'd drank a full bottle of Kraken Rum at Idles a couple of hours earlier!

* Disclaimer: Turns out that rum makes you think that you know the words when in fact you don't. 

Edited by Doug85

I was watching Tame last year, but at no point did i think Stormzy was a bad booking. It's not the type of music i generally listen to, but it's definitely a good thing for Glasto to be booking new and exciting artists as headliners, especially from a genre that i can't remember having had a headliner before. 

Its the festival of contemporary performing arts, not classic rock.

(That being said i have all my fingers crossed for Macca from a personal point of view)

1 hour ago, deathbyathousandacts said:

The article says that the promoter says there is no Sweden gig. It says nothing about exclusivity and given Roskilde got booked (i guess by different promoters) and lollapalooza is a live nation thing right? I wouldnt go off this. 

Still think its probs gonna be her but just imagine march comes round and it gets revealed and its Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen and some other old white rockers? A hologram of Joe strummer. I’d bloody love it. Partly because i actually would love it but almost more just for the saltiness that would ensue amongst some here. Teeheeheee