2020 headliners

jj200

Just now, Matt42 said:

Can we talk about some acts that might require months of negotiations before booking? It could be that they’ve informally agreed but all points are not yet agreed - but to me it sounds like someone they are in the process of convincing.

Just trying to think who it could be within the realms of possibility.

It has been said but reading a rumours article again. Michael says of Macca 'hopefully for the 50th. That suggests negotiation. Macca says he needs to put things in place. Atm he has to be favourite for the third slot contrary to anything, seems right.

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

It has been said but reading a rumours article again. Michael says of Macca 'hopefully for the 50th. That suggests negotiation. Macca says he needs to put things in place. Atm he has to be favourite for the third slot contrary to anything, seems right.

Yeah of course Macca - but I’m just trying to think of someone else that would fit that mould.

Just now, Matt42 said:

Yeah of course Macca - but I’m just trying to think of someone else that would fit that mould.

Unfortunately Rage seem like only very recently have been available so I dont think its them,  if its somebody else the pool for me is Aerosmith, Madonna, Bruce, PJ?

Given they're not touring at the moment I think Arctic Monkeys are still a possibility 

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Can we talk about some acts that might require months of negotiations before booking? It could be that they’ve informally agreed but all points are not yet agreed - but to me it sounds like someone they are in the process of convincing.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think you might have mentioned them a while back, but the Stones could fit this bill. If the rumours of them coming back to Europe and London next summer are true, it might not be about them negotiating but simply working out if they’re playing in the UK and can tour.

I thought I read that they can’t get insurance on their own tours that far in advance because of their ages, hence why everything is announced only a few months before the gigs. 

Just now, RarerThanDandyB said:

Unfortunately Rage seem like only very recently have been available so I dont think its them,  if its somebody else the pool for me is Aerosmith, Madonna, Bruce, PJ?

Yup it has to be someone American or someone very particular about what shows they do and when.

Aerosmith to me sound like a band who would approach Glastonbury asking to play - not vice versa.

Pearl Jam is a good shout - I can imagine they’d need negotiation as they don’t really do UK festivals that often.

I’d have thought since Bruce has done it before he’d know the score? I mean you could probably make the same case about Macca.

5 minutes ago, mike46 said:

I thought I read that they can’t get insurance on their own tours that far in advance because of their ages, hence why everything is announced only a few months before the gigs. 

That’s a good point! Would definitely fit and explain the ‘shake hands sign later’ model that Glastonbury does.

13 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

He's got just as much info going against him as for him though. Nick explicitly ruled him out earlier this year, Glasto got burned when he dropped out of talks late in the game for 2019 etc.

In saying that I have no other better suggestion for that slot. I know people keep suggesting american acts but I have no clue which american acts would be that big of a deal and require that much convincing (no offence to Pearl Jam, but they aren't exactly the biggest band going, can't imagine Emily is that desperate to book them). 

If I had to guess its someone who we have no idea on tour plans atm (AC/DC, Guns N Roses etc.) who they are trying to sort logistics out with and convince to take a lower fee.

16 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

He's got just as much info going against him as for him though. Nick explicitly ruled him out earlier this year, Glasto got burned when he dropped out of talks late in the game for 2019 etc.

In saying that I have no other better suggestion for that slot. I know people keep suggesting american acts but I have no clue which american acts would be that big of a deal and require that much convincing (no offence to Pearl Jam, but they aren't exactly the biggest band going, can't imagine Emily is that desperate to book them). 

If I had to guess its someone who we have no idea on tour plans atm (AC/DC, Guns N Roses etc.) who they are trying to sort logistics out with and convince to take a lower fee.

AC/DC hence the delay of the comeback and show announcement because they are negotiating with Glasto?

Kendrick, AC/DC and Taylor would be very nice. Really dont see Guns though.

Edited by RarerThanDandyB
Extra Info

I really don't think its Macca, why they would still be running after him after he dropped out last year is beyond me. If this were the case it wouldn't surprise me if they had a backup in The 1975. 

If I had to guess I would say it has to be someone whose not touring currently/hasn't announced their tour (so they're trying to work out dates still) or trying to convince an artist to return/regroup. 

32 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yup it has to be someone American or someone very particular about what shows they do and when.

Aerosmith to me sound like a band who would approach Glastonbury asking to play - not vice versa.

Pearl Jam is a good shout - I can imagine they’d need negotiation as they don’t really do UK festivals that often.

I’d have thought since Bruce has done it before he’d know the score? I mean you could probably make the same case about Macca.

I think Springsteen was a hard negotiation last time and it may be a case of him waiting to see what his plans are, where else they’re playing etc. I know he said they’re touring but still nothing confirmed.

6 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

AC/DC hence the delay of the comeback and show announcement because they are negotiating with Glasto?

Kendrick, AC/DC and Taylor would be very nice. Really dont see Guns though.

I mean I hope its not that trio as I would seriously be considering all 3 nights at the pyramid for that, but I think that would make more sense than Macca (agreed on Guns, just was trying to think of those similar legendary bands that have never done G before that could be the ones being convinced).

9 hours ago, GrumpyRaver said:

I know it’s unlikely, but Kate Bush would tick all the boxes of;

Not played before

Out of left field

Could have been booked ages ago with view to creating a bespoke headline show

Female

Massive 50th anniversary booking

Is a person rather than a band

Vintage act

Not being linked to a tour due to her hatred of touring

I also seem to remember her Hammersmith residency coming out of nowhere with no prior rumours, so implies her team are good at keeping a secret.

The only* possible Pyramid headliner I'd be excited for.

*Other than Stevie Wonder because I overdid it last time and missed him.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

When was the last time we had three non british headliners?

2015 was originally gonna be Foos, Kanye and Prince, right? Not sure when it last actually happened though.