Lizzo

CaledonianGonzo

No tributes to Manchester at the recent show either. Although the warm up DJ rapped Batches & Cookies before the support act. Would love Lizzo to stick it in the set, but unlikely.

When Lizzo nails her sub slot and then releases another album in the next couple of years, surely she's a shoe-in for headlining, no?

13 hours ago, rubenz said:

I saw she did a Rammstein cover at a German show. Possibility of a cover of a local South West band?

Maybe a Wurzels/Reef/Portishead mashup or similar?

I don't know if she sung the whole song, did she? I can only find this video, but Rammstein aren't anywhere near local to Hamburg where she performed it. 

But I'm sure she's going to do something special for Glastonbury. I think she had a great time last time out and she's such a showwoman, I can only imagine that she's going to nail her sub-slot and put herself firmly in headliner reckoning in the next cycle of her next album. I would guess at least by 2026, she'd of headlined the whole shebang. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Been looking at recent setlists and having to cut that down to an hour for a supposed "co-headliner" set is complete bullshit.  Realise GnR are a big name and famously prissy little arseholes, but frankly it f**king stinks.  If the fest are playing the co-headliner card then she should have at least 75 - 90 minutes.  Part of me hopes GnR drop out and she get's bumped up.

Also wondering about guests?  Anyone think we could see some popping up?  Not checked for clashing gigs but Cardi B maybe?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Sasperella2 said:

What's to be made of this latest news then? Seems to have come out of nowhere.... 

Its not that surprising; there has been a string of 'Lizzo being an asshole' stories over the years. Notably the time in 2019 she intentionally doxxed a Postmates driver on social media to millions of fans and the driver had to change career completely to avoid death threats.

It does seem as though the recent lawsuit has opened flood gates for even more stories now.

I can see those things happening... The difference of those things happening amongst friends of amongst colleagues/boss/employee is the key... From some documentaries it seems Lizzo was trying to have both in her crew and that may have turned against her. How they will be judged is well, up to the justice system!

19 minutes ago, moogster said:

I can see those things happening... The difference of those things happening amongst friends of amongst colleagues/boss/employee is the key... From some documentaries it seems Lizzo was trying to have both in her crew and that may have turned against her. How they will be judged is well, up to the justice system!

Yep reading the article I thought there was a lot of stories that seemed like the boss/friend lines have been blurred.

27 minutes ago, moogster said:

Its a civil case, so i assume Lizzo will just pay them off

I was reading through that NBC article. I'm not surprised by that Amsterdam night out, I'm not saying it's okay - I'm saying I can see how something like that happens

What I'm more surprised is the the amount of every day abuse they got while they worked. It also seems that there are so many other people posting how she's so difficult to work with

First of all my sympathies to those who were harrassed.

I must say this is probably the first time such news come as a surprise to me. In pretty much all other cases I had already given up on these artists because of their unkind or odd behaviour on stage. I met Lizzo about 9 years ago and can say it was all pleasant.

7 minutes ago, emmanuel said:

First of all my sympathies to those who were harrassed.

I must say this is probably the first time such news come as a surprise to me. In pretty much all other cases I had already given up on these artists because of their unkind or odd behaviour on stage. I met Lizzo about 9 years ago and can say it was all pleasant.

Yeah, not often i get to do a namedrop, but i met Lizzo a couple of times at the 2019 Glastonbury and i hadnt a clue who she was, and she was absolutely lovely with no need to be, i was just a knobhead on a gate asking to see her wristband. Find it quite hard to square that with these reports, but who knows