Tips on ditching volunteering

glastoloverpaul

21 hours ago, shuttlep said:

a few years ago in West Holts I once met a guy called Glasto Paul. he was a nice chap, wondering around with no shoes on

BOLvtt-CMAAgSsW.png:large

Paul could be a star of "I'd like to buy the world some Coke" for a newer generation.....

We should all have our names written on our foreheads on entry at the gates. Imagine how many more people you would talk to....!

2 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

Paul could be a star of "I'd like to buy the world some Coke" for a newer generation.....

We should all have our names written on our foreheads on entry at the gates. Imagine how many more people you would talk to....!

Paul was found stumbling around West Holts that year, no shoes no top. stumbling from Group to group. he started chatting to a girl who wrote #glastopaul  on his chest  , trying to get him trending on twitter, which did work. i ofetn think of #Glastopaul and think how thankful I never get in to that state

1 hour ago, drunk pumpkin said:

Definitely a troll. It did make me laugh out loud! 

Looking forward to seeing who stands up and takes ownership.

Do we have any takers? :laugh: 

I must admit, my first reaction was to grab the popcorn as that post had as much bait as a fisherman.

I'm more inclined to think it was a troll.  If I were such a person who was considering ditching, the last thing I'd do would be to publicly say that I was going to do a runner and who I'd be running from on this forum.

On the other hand, if it was someone who hasn't spent much time on the forum then *maybe* I can see someone being that stupid, their second post confirms that.

Either way, it doesn't look like Paul will be making it to Glasto this year

Just caught up with all the posts.

I really didn't think skipping the volunteering was a big deal but all of you do-gooders seem to have really got your knickers in a twist over it.

What difference would it make anyway if one person skips it? They get to keep my deposit I put down and give it so some kid in Africa who probably needs it more than me to get some fresh water or something?

Also Oxfam will not be cancelling my place on the volunteering team as I am not stupid enough to put my last name on these forums.. I'm sure there are plenty of Pauls on the volunteering team!

• Downvote 9

49 minutes ago, glastoloverpaul said:

Just caught up with all the posts.

I really didn't think skipping the volunteering was a big deal but all of you do-gooders seem to have really got your knickers in a twist over it.

What difference would it make anyway if one person skips it? They get to keep my deposit I put down and give it so some kid in Africa who probably needs it more than me to get some fresh water or something?

Also Oxfam will not be cancelling my place on the volunteering team as I am not stupid enough to put my last name on these forums.. I'm sure there are plenty of Pauls on the volunteering team!

If you really can't see why this is wrong then you are indeed a sad, sad excuse of a human being with a really inappropriate username - you clearly have no love for the festival and what it stands for..

15 minutes ago, JaiCrispy37 said:

Definite trolling, no one's this much of a ignorant ****

Call it trolling if you want.

I say it exactly how it is and if you don't like it then f**k off. People should speak their mind not have hidden agendas to please other people.

I am who I am and if you think I'm a 'c**t or selfish' well to be honest I couldn't care less. At the end of the day I'm going to glasto and all of you mocking me are obviously people who missed out on a ticket or a chance to volunteer. 

• Downvote 5

14 minutes ago, glastoloverpaul said:

I say it exactly how it is and if you don't like it then f**k off. People should speak their mind not have hidden agendas to please other people.

I am who I am and if you think I'm a 'c**t or selfish' well to be honest I couldn't care less. At the end of the day I'm going to glasto and all of you mocking me are obviously people who missed out on a ticket or a chance to volunteer. 

I've not missed out, I'll be volunteering (again).  Still think you're a selfish prick.

Just an FYI - no one can put in tents in the public areas until Wednesday (security will stop you), and you'll need to be on site in the Oxfam crew field on Tues to register and collect your wristband.  If you miss a shift before you move your stuff out of the crew field, we'll have your photo on the gates to the crew field, and you'll get caught; if you try move your stuff before your first shift, you'll be reminded that all crew have to camp in their allocated areas throughout and if you persist in trying to move onto site, you'll have your wristband removed and be asked to leave, and forfeit your deposit.  It's almost like we've experienced people trying to ditch before!!!

Edited by jfaragher
n
  • Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, glastoloverpaul said:

You don't say anything "how it is" and most of us mocking you are not jealous or whatever you may think.

We see you as a selfish c*nt who is ignorantly, willfully and most of all really stupidly doing something harmful to one of the things that we hold most dear.

The deposit you refer to in your earlier post is in lieu of a ticket ffs, so when you say they can keep the money well big fecking deal, aren't you the hero - if it was about that they could sell it for many times over what you're paying.

You also miss the more fundamental point of what happens if other people sink as low as you - well of course some of the functions that the festival depends on to keep it running smoothly wouldn't have enough people.

Even on your return you haven't had the good grace to actually understand why people are so appalled by your suggestion, just crying that people insulted you, you horrid entitled sh*t.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, glastoloverpaul said:

While I'm 99% sure this is trolling, because let's be honest nobody really could be that dumb.

As mentioned above, doing a runner wouldn't be as easy as it may seem. . Personally, I'd rather not spend the weekend looking over my shoulder - when you've got bored security stationed around the site itching for something to do, "catch the AWOL steward" is a game they do enjoy playing and are rewarded for - people would be (and are) surprised when and where they can get hauled out of the crowd.

• Upvote 1

@glastoloverpaul, for the record, I've got a ticket and I will join in saying that you're a terrible person and a selfish and arrogant arse. No one wants your particular breed of knob head at Glastonbury.  

If (and it's a big 'if') this isn't a pathetic attempt at trolling, can @eFestivals trace this chump's IP address and get in touch with the Oxfam volunteer folk to see if anyone they've given a volunteer place to is using the same IP address? Because that would certainly narrow things down a bit. I could be entirely mistaken as to how the IP address thing works, but worth a try. 

50 minutes ago, glastoloverpaul said:

That attitude is completely at odds at what Glastonbury stands for. It's not just about the ticket money, it's also depriving a place for a genuine volunteer and having the rest of your team having to work harder to make up for you doing a runner.

Glastonbury would not exist or work as well as it does without the valuable work the volunteers do. Ditching that is a massive fuck you to the festival.

It's also a fuck you to your mate who managed to get you a place on the team. It won't exactly look good for him if you ditched Oxfam.

Volunteering does change the festival experience but in most cases it will give you a new appreciation for it. Yes it can get in the way of things but that doesn't mean that your festival experience suffers for it.

I'm hoping that this is all bravado, that once you get there, meet your team and do a shift, you realise how important it is you don't ditch your shifts.

Or you do a runner, spend the rest of the festival looking over your shoulder, never able to properly relax, get blacklisted by Oxfam  and not be able to volunteer for them (or others) again and most of all, let down your mate.

It's up to you

2 minutes ago, The Spandex Warrior said:

If (and it's a big 'if') this isn't a pathetic attempt at trolling, can @eFestivals trace this chump's IP address and get in touch with the Oxfam volunteer folk to see if anyone they've given a volunteer place to is using the same IP address? Because that would certainly narrow things down a bit. I could be entirely mistaken as to how the IP address thing works, but worth a try. 

I can't do stuff like that cos of data protection.