Janet Jackson Headlining?

LastWaltz

42 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

In a schedule full of tough clashes this is one of the toughest. A real 3 pipe problem, made worse by the fact that the Saturday night options are generally pretty humdrum.

Rumours of that Lizzo late night show can't come quick enough y'all.

I heard from my mate's sister's friend's cousin who is a professional flutist that Lizzo is playing a late night set in the SE corner. 

• Upvote 1

This is the setlist from the last "festival" Janet played at in Sept. Her Vegas Residency concerts are 37 songs! Yikes!

The Skin Game (Part 1)

The Knowledge

BURNITUP!

Nasty / Feedback / Miss You Much / Alright / You Want This

Control / What Have You Done for Me Lately / The Pleasure Principle

Love Will Never Do (Without You)

When I Think of You / All For You

Got 'til It's Gone (with Q‐Tip)

That's the Way Love Goes

Interlude (Interlude with "Idle" by Spooky Black)

What About

You Ain't Right

If

Scream (Michael Jackson cover)

Rhythm Nation

Together Again

Made For Now

Made the decision to give these big hitters a miss, mainly cos I never listen to them usually, I think the last Janet Jackson album I had was back in 87 or 88. It doesn't mean anything to me, no matter how big she is. I'll be at Lizzo, I reckon. For similar reasons, I reckon (and I feel pretty relieved about it) I don't feel the need to go to Miley.

It's hard cos you get caught up in all the excitement, but then I realise I only know one song by these acts, and I'm not that keen on it anyway. 

8 hours ago, MetaKate said:

Im so tempted to go to Lizzo. This is a bummer clash, but I'll never get to see Janet again... 

50 minutes of medleys and miming to a bemused, ambivalent crowd or an hour of bangers at Glastonbury party central from the baddest bitch of the moment? 

I know which one I'll be at (does hair toss, checks nails)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I’d already come to peace with missing Lizzo and was now more concerned about missing the Park TBA, but you guys have thrown Lizzo right back in to the equation.

FFS indeed.

Janet has the problem of not only possibly being a mimed medley trainwreck but also the quite likely possibility that a lot of the crowd won’t give a shit about her/know her music and so won’t pull the performance together. She’s been off the radar a long time...

Can really see this being a ‘feel it on the day’ kind of decision. Biggest ‘who do I see?!’ since Jack White/get a good space for Metallica vs. Pixies for me.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Can really see this being a ‘feel it on the day’ kind of decision. Biggest ‘who do I see?!’ since Jack White/get a good space for Metallica vs. Pixies for me.

Managed all of Jack White, Pixies and Metallica with a quick scraper through the crowds. Not that that helps with your current dilemma.

34 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

50 minutes of medleys and miming to a bemused, ambivalent crowd or an hour of bangers at Glastonbury party central from the baddest bitch of the moment? 

I know which one I'll be at (does hair toss, checks nails)

Lizzo is a brand new discovery for me.

I kind of want to see how shit Janet is though.

Tough choices!!

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I’d already come to peace with missing Lizzo and was now more concerned about missing the Park TBA, but you guys have thrown Lizzo right back in to the equation.

FFS indeed.

Janet has the problem of not only possibly being a mimed medley trainwreck but also the quite likely possibility that a lot of the crowd won’t give a shit about her/know her music and so won’t pull the performance together. She’s been off the radar a long time...

It's really not.  Watch this video and get back to me:

That’s the thing about festival clashes though. It’s not simply a case of ‘I’d prefer to watch Lizzo over JJ’, there’s so many other factors and variables to consider. Whilst JJ may seem on paper the least appealing, there’s a scarcity value to her appearance, and, of course, the pull of watching a potential train-wreck. For me though, I’ve never been a fan, never  bought any of her records or held a desire to see her live, so I’d have less of a decision to make. I reckon she’ll go down ok though, in a year when heritage acts are very thin on the ground 

32 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Janet has more bangers than Lizzo.  The question is more about whether or not she'll play them.

Judging by the set list posted earlier all her bangers are gonna be in medley form. I feel your pain but Lizzo is gonna go off. 

I fucking hate medleys and its 50 min set. 

13 minutes ago, henry bear said:

For me though, I’ve never been a fan, never  bought any of her records or held a desire to see her live, so I’d have less of a decision to make.

I thought you were being really cruel there, then I realised you meant perform live. Liyv not livv

• Upvote 1