Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

30 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

I definitely prefer Lauren Laverne doing 6 music morning show. Felt like Shean Keaveny never shut up. It's meant to be a music show, not a talk show and I found his constant putting himself down predictable rather than charming.

So glad they made the change. She's a billion times better than him IMHO

I'm team Keaveney on this one. Found him really entertaining 

Lauren plays great tunes but doesn't have the humour of Shaun's show 

Shame that I don't get to listen to his afternoon show very often due to work. I get to enjoy Radmac on the weekend mornings though

8 minutes ago, Joe Shez said:

Shame that I don't get to listen to his afternoon show very often due to work. I get to enjoy Radmac on the weekend mornings though

long live Radmac

7 minutes ago, Joe Shez said:

It took me a while to get Keaveney. I hated him at first; the stupid voices and sounds really grated on me at that time in the morning. But then I came round to him. Played great music and had a good sense of humour. 

Lauren, on the other hand, is amazing in whatever spot she plays. I prefer her in the morning but just because I prefer her overall! 

Mary-Anne Hobbs is brilliant as well, the run of Lauren into MAH is sensational. 

44 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

I definitely prefer Lauren Laverne doing 6 music morning show. Felt like Shean Keaveny never shut up. It's meant to be a music show, not a talk show and I found his constant putting himself down predictable rather than charming.

So glad they made the change. She's a billion times better than him IMHO

Lauren constantly cuts off up to an entire half of a song and talks over the end of them - unbelievably irritating! She plays really great music though, so I (almost) forgive her for the severe annoyance. Just wait until the bloody song finishes if you want to tell us what label they're on and what dates they have coming up.

Edited by majormajormajor

Are we waiting on any more individual stage or area announcements? obviously it's all guess work anyway as i believe croissant neuf doesn't usually get its own announcement and it did this year so who really knows. But are there any that usually do before the big one that havent yet?

Maybe the main announcement has been pushed back due to the Spice Girls not getting decent reviews. They said they'd been asked to play Glasto and would see how the tour went first. I've no idea where they'd actually fit on the line up tho.

This is all probably me being delirious and a loads of bollocks tho.

Just now, s30foster said:

Maybe the main announcement has been pushed back due to the Spice Girls not getting decent reviews. They said they'd been asked to play Glasto and would see how the tour went first. I've no idea where they'd actually fit on the line up tho.

That's an awful thought

But I cant see Glastonbury waiting for reviews to book someone this late 

1 minute ago, s30foster said:

See what you are doing to us Emily?! People are literally losing their minds in here.

5 minutes ago, jow95 said:

Are we waiting on any more individual stage or area announcements? obviously it's all guess work anyway as i believe croissant neuf doesn't usually get its own announcement and it did this year so who really knows. But are there any that usually do before the big one that havent yet?

I'm not sure about this.... some areas such as cinemaggedon, Beat Hotel etc might get announcements, but they could be smaller unofficial ones or come after. In theory, there's nothing to stop other areas getting an announcement ok (JP for instance), but I think given that we've had all the big 'ens that we expect, that seems unlikely

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

not particularly, I think before Friday is likely. There's rumours going round it's tomorrow.

But i don't think it has to be done before Lauren broadcasts from the farm.

Well sourced rumours??

Edited by bigfurbdogg

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

I'm not sure about this.... some areas such as cinemaggedon, Beat Hotel etc might get announcements, but they could be smaller unofficial ones or come after. In theory, there's nothing to stop other areas getting an announcement ok (JP for instance), but I think given that we've had all the big 'ens that we expect, that seems unlikely

So what you're saying is, we've had all the ones that we expect, there's always the possibility for more but we think that's it for major announcements aside from the big day