Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

I took it as a blanket embargo, allowing the festival enough cushion to release it any time today. Say they wanna release it 4pm tomorrow, would an embargo cover that?

I have no real idea how embargoes work. Maybe now I've said it 3 times the line up will magically appear, like Beetlejuice.

The whole embargo thing seems a little odd. My understanding is that Glastonbury contracts specified that the festival wouldn't announce anything before the 1st of April (unless by mutual consent) so as not to damage ticket sales for the big pay-days. Beyond that I thought that it was up to the acts? I would imagine that most can't be bothered, and so just post in-line with the official announcements, but we have seen a lot of smaller acts announce/confirm on twitter so if there is an embargo it isn't universal or isn't strictly enforced. 

3 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Ok, so the consensus seems to be....it's either coming at 10am or tomorrow. At least that way I can get on with my day as soon as 10.05 has rolled past and we've got nothing

That went well yesterday lol

And then they might as well have just made up a load of names and put them on a poster for all the difference it made to me. 

Just now, gherkin8r said:

That went well yesterday lol

And then they might as well have just made up a load of names and put them on a poster for all the difference it made to me. 

Ha, same! Although yesterday we at least knew it was coming at some point....today my gut says not today

20 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Also, just on the Block9 being hurried notion: a bank holiday – and, let's be real, the last in a series of recent bank holidays, so not exactly Xmas Day – is a great time to drop something about dance music. Every raver is exhausted on their sofa, scrolling for serotonin, and also very few PR teams are sending emails or phoning news desks at music mags.

It's a canny time, certainly not a rush job. Friday is about 50x worse for electronic music news.

Sorry to stick a pin in that balloon...

After the excitement of Block9 yesterday, I must have used a week's worth of upvotes, so I got nahfin for ya.

But that is a beautiful little turn of phrase for like-minded souls...

Ben

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Wasn't the embargo thing sourced from a specific band?  I'm going to guess that we'll see an area announcement tomorrow rather than the full drop.

What other small areas do we have left to announce...I thought we'd had them all? Besides maybe the beat hotel which i know some people had mentioned get an announcement.

1 minute ago, Woffy said:

Same.

If this embargo stuff is true, why would you drop the line up the day before the embargo? That makes no sense to me.

Perhaps the embargo was that the lineup would be announced by Wednesday 29th May but if announced officially beforehand it's fair game following?

3 minutes ago, lobo said:

What other small areas do we have left to announce...I thought we'd had them all? Besides maybe the beat hotel which i know some people had mentioned get an announcement.

Just ones that we don't know if they will get one before the lineup is out or not.

Cineramaggedon and The Beat Hotel both came after the full lineup last time. I think we can expect something about Glastonbury-on-sea but it doesn't appear that they will have performers on it (even though it has a bandstand). Maybe Williams Green (has happened before but only when first introduced).