Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

7 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Why not Thursday? Have I missed something?

Im going for Friday morning.

Given that the last three full line-up drops have been 22 days before gates open, why, OH WHY, do we not think that the most likely day is on Tuesday - 4 June, 22 days before gates on 26 June?

I mean, I know #thereisnopattern, but I really don't understand why people are so sure it's coming this week, which is 'very early' within the context of a patternless pattern!

:)

Ben

Just now, bennyhana22 said:

Given that the last three full line-up drops have been 22 days before gates open, why, OH WHY, do we not think that the most likely day is on Tuesday - 4 June, 22 days before gates on 26 June?

I mean, I know #thereisnopattern, but I really don't understand why people are so sure it's coming this week, which is 'very early' within the context of a patternless pattern!

Ben

Based on Laverne being at the farm on Friday! Has to be a post announcement show! 

15 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

You could look at it that way or perhaps you could look at it from the angle of the last two full lineups being dropped on the last Tuesday in May. Maybe they're in the midst of a new patternless pattern ?

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

All jokes aside I don't see a June announcement, just so happens the festival is right late June this year instead of there being a load of days after. Even before they announced the dates, Monday was July 1st I almost thought they were going to do it weekend before. 2020 only has two days after but it does make a difference.

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

Just had a look and it was released at 10am in 2016 & 2017 so more of the same please Eavii

10am on the last Tuesday in May for the past two years?

Definitely not a pattern people.

Go get some work done slackers!

1 minute ago, kingbadger said:

I get the feeling it must be imminent, otherwise why rush out the last smaller stage announcement on a bank holiday? Even if it's later in the week Block 9 could have been done today.

That's logic I can get behind.

3 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

I get the feeling it must be imminent, otherwise why rush out the last smaller stage announcement on a bank holiday? Even if it's later in the week Block 9 could have been done today.

That's the kinda thinking we need in this thread. Makes total sense and definitely means we're getting the lineup today ?

6 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

I thought the same thing. seemed an odd time for an announcement without other timescale factors.

53 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Given that the last three full line-up drops have been 22 days before gates open, why, OH WHY, do we not think that the most likely day is on Tuesday - 4 June, 22 days before gates on 26 June

35 minutes ago, Andeeroo said:

You could look at it that way or perhaps you could look at it from the angle of the last two full lineups being dropped on the last Tuesday in May. Maybe they're in the midst of a new patternless pattern ?

It is all quite confusing....various non- patterns suggest that it could come out 22 days before (4th June), Tues after bank holiday (today) or either the 30/31st May (Thurs/Fri). 

I was initially in the next week camp, but now we're out of big areas to come, I don't see them making us wait a whole week with nowt. That, along with the radio show on Friday and the EE app supposedly coming in May, suggests this week....but fuck knows when. 

I'm more than than happy to go along with @kingbadger's suggestion though!!

Edited by Sasperella

26 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Sorry to be that guy, but the Block9 announcement wasn't rushed out...it was delayed by quite a lot from it's originally intended date!

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

Sorry to be that guys, but the Block9 announcement wasn't rushed out...it was delayed by quite a lot from it's originally intended date!

Ben

That's true....but dropping it on a bank holiday seems weird. Why wouldn't they just wait another day...?

Although maybe it only seems weird to us because we're on EFestivals all day at work, and most people aren't!

Edited by Sasperella

9 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

A line up drop today ties in both with yesterday's rushed announcement and @Justiceforcedave saying acts were embargoed until Wednesday.

Believe.

If they're embargoed until Wednesday doesn't that mean it's coming tomorrow instead? Personally think today makes most sense with Block 9 being rushed out yesterday.

1 minute ago, deadpheasant said:

If they're embargoed until Wednesday doesn't that mean it's coming tomorrow instead? Personally think today makes most sense with Block 9 being rushed out yesterday.

Oooh there's talk of an embargo knocking around is there?

If that's the case and it's Wednesday then it has to be coming tomorrow rather than today surely.