Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

15 hours ago, MetaKate said:

Tomorrow is Friday. The first day of February. 

Fleetwood Mac Friday the First of Feburary. 

Some nice illiteration and it would be a missed opportunity if nothing else. 

I'm going with:

Fist Fleetwood Feet First Friday

Gaga finished the first stint of her residency this week. On a break from it until the end of May now so I'm still sticking with 6th album and European summer tour to be announced this month, lead single too and Feb/March to be the promo. And obvs Glastonbury to be announced. 

8 hours ago, Keithy said:

Gaga finished the first stint of her residency this week. On a break from it until the end of May now so I'm still sticking with 6th album and European summer tour to be announced this month, lead single too and Feb/March to be the promo. And obvs Glastonbury to be announced. 

She's already pretty busy with the Grammys and The Oscars this month (performances at both iirc). I expect she'll wait for that all to be done before trying to promote something new

Just now, Winslow Leach said:

I was under the impression we were expecting all the remaining announcements in one big dump this year? Although I now can't remember why I thought that.

Emily has previously said that this year they're 'returning to the big poster like in the past'. I'm taking that as there not being the multi-coloured 70-75 act one we've had recently, but having the one where some of the areas' acts are separated.

Hope we still get the drip-feed of the small area drops though...I bloody love those!

Ben

Now here's a thing. Since 2009 we've had a headliner announced in February in all but 2 years.

2013 (post fallow year :o)- No headliner announced in Feb - All main stages announced at once on 27th March

2014 - No headliner announced in Feb, we'd already had Arcade Fire in December - 1st poster 4th April, minus Metallica.

Edited by Gnomicide

36 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Emily has previously said that this year they're 'returning to the big poster like in the past'. I'm taking that as there not being the multi-coloured 70-75 act one we've had recently, but having the one where some of the areas' acts are separated.

Hope we still get the drip-feed of the small area drops though...I bloody love those!

Ben

Someone on here said she’d said that, but I was listening to the same interview and she still said they were going to put out the “taster” poster.

12 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Now here's a thing. Since 2009 we've had a headliner announced in February in all but 2 years.

2013 (post fallow year :o)- No headliner announced in Feb - All main stages announced at once on 27th March

2014 - No headliner announced in Feb, we'd already had Arcade Fire in December - 1st poster 4th April, minus Metallica.

I don't have any sources or know anyone ITK, but I have a feeling this years poster will also drop minus Metallica. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

But...

2013: nothing of note was announced before the big drop (certainly none of the headliners) but this year we've had Stormzy, Kylie and Janelle

2014: by all accounts Metallica was a replacement for someone. Can't remember who, maybe Bowie? So they maybe held off the poster/another headliner announcement because things were very up in the air