Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 6:26 PM, dentalplan said:

Glastonbury coverage exclusively on Britbox?

Initially I chuckled at this Dental, but then I head the woman from the beeb on Radio 4's media show earlier in the week.

Although she mentioned it was mainly going to be boxsets of BBC and ITV shows, it's not beyond the realms of possibility they could go that was with Glastonbury coverage. I bet they've considered it.

5 minutes ago, Razza_bezza said:

At this point in the year this thread should never be as far back as 4 pages!!! Sorry if I’ve got anyone excited but this needs to be at the first page

chance of this week??

There's always a chance, but there is no pattern

15 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'm wondering if the terrible news regarding Flinty might have pushed things back a bit

I think you're right.... They're definitely not going to be giving up a lineup poster for a while if they were booked to play. I think at least Monday before we get an announcement. And I think that's fair enough  

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

I think you're right.... They're definitely not going to be giving up a lineup poster for a while if they were booked to play. I think at least Monday before we get an announcement. And I think that's fair enough  

but there's almost no chance that Prodigy were going to be in any announcement in the next 3+ weeks, so i really don't think that's a factor. They'd have been announced no sooner than the first big line-up drop.

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

but there's almost no chance that Prodigy were going to be in any announcement in the next 3+ weeks, so i really don't think that's a factor. They'd have been announced no sooner than the first big line-up drop.

Do you not think that the next announcement will be a number of acts announced not just a few? I was sort of expecting the small announcement poster as we didn’t get anything in February.

1 minute ago, Razza_bezza said:

Do you not think that the next announcement will be a number of acts announced not just a few? I was sort of expecting the small announcement poster as we didn’t get anything in February.

anything is possible.

But as far as I know, almost all bookings are done on a "won't be announced before xth April" basis. While there's exceptions to that I can't really see why Prodigy would be one of those exceptions.

Unless it’s a standalone headliner announcement I’d be amazed if there is another announcement prior to the poster.  As Neil said it’s highly unlikely that The Prodigy would have been announced prior to poster so it won’t have any affect on the next announcement.  

I’m guessing the poster will be the end of March so I’m sure they would have re-jigged the names by then to cover The Prodigy’s absence. 

2 minutes ago, sisco said:

Unless it’s a standalone headliner announcement I’d be amazed if there is another announcement prior to the poster

yup, that's my thinking.

Based on previous years I think there's a decent chance of that standalone headliner announcement, tho perhaps this is the year they'll keep 2 back for the poster.

3 minutes ago, Havors said:

The only likely announcements will be headliners before the first poster drops at the end of this month. 

Thursday 28th March stand by your beds. 

I just can't see it happening the day before brexshit

Just now, JoeyT said:

I just can't see it happening the day before brexshit

Why not??? haha how the hell does Brexit have any effect on when they release a poster?? :D Unless the tech guys who post it are EU citizens and may not have jobs? :D

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

So you don't think they'd have been on the first announcement poster, Neil?

Because of SW4's ticket sales potentially being affected?

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

They would have been on the lineup poster but that won’t be for 3+ weeks?

6 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I think they'd have quite possibly been on the first poster.

The first poster isn't imminent, unless they've changed things for this year.

25 minutes ago, Havors said:

Why not??? haha how the hell does Brexit have any effect on when they release a poster?? :D Unless the tech guys who post it are EU citizens and may not have jobs? :D

Simply because it will barely register on the national news agenda that day. The papers/news/internet will be full of Brexit stuff to the point where no other story will get a look in. It would be overlooked by a huge number of people.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Simply because it will barely register on the national news agenda that day. The papers/news/internet will be full of Brexit stuff to the point where no other story will get a look in. It would be overlooked by a huge number of people.

Nah. Not a frigging chance, everyone going to Glasto will be on it like hawks... Brexit or no brexit. And I think we all know we arent leaving the EU on 29th March anyway :) 

2 minutes ago, Havors said:

Nah. Not a frigging chance, everyone going to Glasto will be on it like hawks... Brexit or no brexit. And I think we all know we arent leaving the EU on 29th March anyway :) 

People going to the festival will notice, but the festival looks for widespread publicity and exposure when it releases, otherwise it'd just dump a list of names on the site and have done with it. They're not going to release at a time when they'll be massively overshadowed.