Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

29 minutes ago, incident said:

What about a Christmas Day announcement?

"Here's Macca for you, Happy Christmas, love Michael and Emily."

I know that it's not a day that things would typically get announced on and for obvious reasons, but as Glastonbury doesn't need to try and maximize how much publicity / ticket sales it'll generate they can do things the way they want.

I'd considered that - but Emily said "before" xmas. So that should rule out xmas day.

Disappointed that the big pre Christmas news was an act that was confirmed in the summer anyway. I don't have any strong feelings either way for Kylie, I was just hoping to either clear up the Macca situation or get a curveball thrown at us. This isn't really news and doesn't change what we already knew.

I do find it amusing, though, that the two confirmed acts so far piss off almost the exact same group of dweebs. It's like theyre intentionally trying to make these people put their tickets back in the pot, then they'll announce Noel and Liam immediately after the balance deadline ?

53 minutes ago, jparx said:

Disappointed that the big pre Christmas news was an act that was confirmed in the summer anyway. I don't have any strong feelings either way for Kylie, I was just hoping to either clear up the Macca situation or get a curveball thrown at us. This isn't really news and doesn't change what we already knew.

I do find it amusing, though, that the two confirmed acts so far piss off almost the exact same group of dweebs. It's like theyre intentionally trying to make these people put their tickets back in the pot, then they'll announce Noel and Liam immediately after the balance deadline ?

Wish that Yorkshire Fields fest was actually real so the Lad Bible contingent can sack Glasto off.

3 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Anybody hungry? There's plenty of salty gammon this morning

962787611_Screenshot_20181219-0909482.thumb.png.6d120bd5e43ee39787c62460cb2952df.png939151950_Screenshot_20181219-0909532.thumb.png.19bb24729d570b20f1df1dd513a53641.png529895256_Screenshot_20181219-0910082.thumb.png.ceaaa3240a84aa281913a54ea62d91bb.png

Imagine getting a refund because you don't like one act ? There'd be nobody there.

Daniella looks like somebody who is 'entitled' to a line up she approves of though, so it's not just Richard gammon ?

Does anyone feel the announcements are having less impact this year? I feel like Kylie's announcement coulda passed me by if I wasn't a festival nerd. And Stormzy didn't seem to be a talking point at all after a couple of days. Not trying to be down on the festival we love, just wondering if anyone felt the same way?